sarahgc58
07/19/13 3:54 pm

Ugh! I have a two door and it is so annoying! Who came up with the idea to put a backseat in a car, but not make doors for those seats. I carpool a lot and whenever someone gets in or out of the backseat, whoever is in the front seat needs to get out

susanr Colorado
07/18/13 5:30 pm

Four, please. I sit in the back most of the time.

prterri
07/18/13 2:35 pm

Have owned several of both, but three Mustangs and now a Mercedes SL320 are the ones that make me smile every single time I've ever l look at them. I love my two door convertibles!

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
07/18/13 2:12 pm

Airbags and b pillars have made cars safer and coupes far less practical. Started w coupes, had sedans w kids and now that they are gone its coupes again and will always be.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/18/13 9:38 am

I find the 2-door way more convenient. Sometimes you just want to toss your jacket or a bag in the back, but most 4-doors don't let you tilt the seatback, meaning you have to take the trouble to open a back door too. My MINI is perfect!

dustbunny
07/18/13 10:18 am

I sat in a Mini once, not sure if it was lower than most or if it had special (bucket) seats but I felt it was too low. I'm already a short person so I did not like the cheeks to the pavement feel to it. But they are really badassy looking.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/18/13 10:29 am

At least since the 2007 redesign I think they have vertical adjustment in the seats. Mine lifts the seat at least 6-8 inches, from sports-car to VW Bug in feel. I keep mine all the way down, but then my all-time favorite car is the Lotus Super-7

dustbunny
07/18/13 10:42 am

That is one sexy car, I think they either have one or a similar version at the LeMay museum in Tacoma.
As far as older cars go, my heart is set on a Shelby Cobra but if I had the means I'd take a Pagani Huayra.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/18/13 10:45 am

The Cobra is obtainable if you'll settle for a reproduction that is as good or better than the original in every way. The Pagani takes you right up into exotic super car territory. It is gorgeous though, and worth dreaming about.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/18/13 10:50 am

I was never much of an Audi fan, my brother-in-law has an A4, and my preference has always been BMW, but the R8 won me over. That is a beautiful car! Now where did I put those lottery tickets?

dustbunny
07/18/13 12:23 pm

Agree completely, for the $ better get the BMW and hopefully someday I will.

As for the other cars, I'll just keep dreaming. Some girls dream about shoes, I dream about fast cars.

PAK the Armpit of Florida
07/18/13 9:23 am

I have a 4 door now. My next car (I hope) will be a 2 door convertible.

Correption Under a Bridge
07/18/13 9:20 am

Why does a chicken coup have two doors?

Correption Under a Bridge
07/18/13 9:20 am

Because if it had four doors it would be a chicken sedan.

dustbunny
07/18/13 8:58 am

We have 4 door cars, it's more convenient since we have 3 dogs but I'd really would love to have some kind of small, speedy 2 door car like a TT or a bit bigger but badass 640i.

*daydreaming*

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/18/13 8:49 am

My wife's car is a 4-door wagon. All of our others, my MINI, the Jeep TJ, and my truck are all 2-doors. Even her HHR would look and work better as a 2-door. I was curious why 4-doors seem more common, or if people actually like them for some reason.

TomM
07/18/13 8:41 am

I assume we are talking cars here. 2 door for me please although I have to admit some newer four doors look a lot better than they used to. I hope you took the 2 door.

Kris Humidity Central
07/18/13 8:28 am

It's really hard to mount a machine gun on a two door.

kindocologist Beer is my friend
07/18/13 8:30 am

Trunk is where mine is.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/18/13 8:31 am

Roof. It's why sunroofs were invented.

dustbunny
07/18/13 12:40 pm

Sunroof+machine gun+chimpanzee. Press button, monkey comes out smoking a cigar, gets on the roof and blasts all the slow idiots in front of you.

Best commute ever!

hippiedude fields of green
07/18/13 8:24 am

I have a 2 door now, i love it except for when my friends have to cram in and they bitch the whole ride.

kindocologist Beer is my friend
07/18/13 8:22 am

Really depends on the vehicle. Some old cars look good with four. Especially old wagons.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/18/13 8:30 am

Old 2-door wagons look good too though. I loved the 1953 2-door Plymouth wagon my grandfather used to have as a fishing car.

kindocologist Beer is my friend
07/18/13 8:35 am

True. Have you ever seen a Plymouth Suburban? Nice ride. Have seen some in car shows.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/18/13 8:41 am

I'm pretty sure that's what his was. 2-doors and a lift window over a tailgate in the rear. Three-speed on the column. It looked like this one, in better shape:

forums.aaca.org/f119/1953-plymouth-suburban-2-door-stationwagon-345407.html