chickencookie July 18th, 2013 2:14pm

Have you ever had a disappointing or horrible vacation experience? The plane ride from hell? The never ending car trip with no AC? Visited a place that did not meet the hype. The roach motel? Explain in comments if you did and where.

mrskinsey Memphis
07/20/13 11:33 pm

Joint family vacation with the in-laws. 'Nuff said.

MrsLizT South Louisiana
07/19/13 12:00 pm

1.I was the woman with the crying toddler on that LONG flight. I wanted to cry too.
2. Husband got the flu in Hawaii! 3 days in bed :-(
3. Tire blowout at 1am on road trip to Disney on a rainy Sat nite, in nowhereland delayed our trip until Monday

jonfrei the boonies
07/18/13 6:54 pm

Driving from Jacksonville, NC to Omaha, NE -- intermittent & inconsistent electrical problems with the car turned a 24 hour drive into a 56 hour drive (with 2 toddlers).

stickman46 NJ
07/18/13 1:28 pm

Too many too mention. I travel the world for work and take extra days some times.

WillametteKevin Mossopolis
07/18/13 12:48 pm

I planned a short trip to Disneyland for the fam a few years ago that had a tight schedule. The plane was supposed to land with plenty of time to make it to the park with the gates opened. My young son also has a very common name that landed him...

WillametteKevin Mossopolis
07/18/13 12:51 pm

...in a TSA search and a delay in our flight. What was supposed to be a direct flight to LAX, led to a series of stand-by flights to LAX with a layover in SFO. We got to the part in the afternoon instead. Too matters worse, his mom and I got...

WillametteKevin Mossopolis
07/18/13 12:52 pm

TSA-searched on our way back home that caused us to fly stand-by back home. Once direct, now thru standby with a layover in SFO.

JanuaryLove
07/18/13 12:32 pm

We took our kids to Disney World, but my husband and I were going through a little rough patch at the time, and that was probably contributing to the insomnia I was experiencing. So we were a little grumpy and the insomnia made it worse.

JanuaryLove
07/18/13 12:33 pm

The hardest part was answering all the questions when we got home: "Did you LOVE it?" "Happiest place on Earth, right?"

Maybe we'll get to go back one day.

lmurder MDK
07/18/13 9:46 am

Went to Middle East with friends. My seat got reassigned and I had to sit in the back alone. I was the middle seat. Had a woman speaking to me in Arabic the whole flight, the other sleeping on my shoulder while trying to pay attention to Seinfeld.

chickencookie It really is
07/18/13 8:48 am

Hated st lucia. My idea to go there but the hotel was a dud. And there were beggars everywhere and ants in my room. The jersey shore still has the best beaches anywhere

chickencookie It really is
07/18/13 8:50 am

St lucia is super expensive like hawaii for food. Nothing grows there except mangos and bananas. Paid Peter Luger prices in a third world area. Its also scary to walk around there at night. 16 percent unemployment rate.

lmurder MDK
07/18/13 9:43 am

It's all about Jade mountain resort when you go there. Worth the price.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/18/13 8:46 am

When the kids were younger, we had a chance to see a Cowboys home game for free. Dallas is about six hours east, and we had to be there early on a Sunday morning to pick up the tickets from a relative of my wife's co-worker for the game that

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/18/13 8:55 am

afternoon. So we took my in-laws old tent and drove to a KOA campground about 30 miles west of Ft. Worth on Saturday evening to spend the night. It was already pouring down rain when we got to the campground and grumpily set up the tent. We

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/18/13 8:58 am

made it to sleep, but awoke a couple hours later to a flooding tent. My wife and daughter went to the van to sleep, but my son and I figured we couldn't get any wetter or more miserable, so we went back to sleep in the tent. In the morning, we

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/18/13 9:03 am

got up and headed to the Cracker Barrel to meet the woman with the tickets, who of course never showed up and couldn't be reached.
So we went to a movie in Ft. Worth and drove the six hours home, listening to the Cowboys on the radio. We had a blast!

chinito Florida
07/18/13 7:34 am

Another bad story, my brother and her wife were aboard the Costa Concordia when accident happened.

chickencookie It really is
07/18/13 8:46 am

Oh no! Makes note never to travel with you.

chinito Florida
07/18/13 7:31 am

I had a seizure on a plane. We had to do an emergency landing in a tiny Island on the Caribbean where I was taken to the hospital (if you can call a 2 shared-room clinic an hospital). I woke up next to a guy that felt from 3 stories and was strapped

chinito Florida
07/18/13 7:33 am

To the bed with the sheets (so he wont move). And a lady that escaped from Haiti and was faking that she was sick because police was outside waiting for her.

bMyComrade Stumptown
07/18/13 7:21 am

12 hour flight behind a girl with a furby...

Emily33 North Carolina
07/18/13 7:17 am

The worst vacation, is still a vacation.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place