Zack100 July 17th, 2013 6:09pm

When casually offered something like food or money, are you more likely to accept or say no out of consideration.

XercesBlue ...
07/17/13 5:24 pm

Money I will deny, food I will accept. It depends on the situation, but most times I am presented food, it is a gift and its polite to accept.

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
07/17/13 4:18 pm

I have never been offered money.

If somebody offers me food, I usually say yes. Food is generally offered to be sociable. I would accept it, in that spirit.

I answered yes, because the money part of the question is not applicable.

comppete Las Vegas
07/17/13 1:52 pm

If someone offers to buy a meal, I usually say; I'm not hungry, but can have the money instead? ;-)

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
07/17/13 12:38 pm

Food or drink? Unless it's sketchy, always an immediate yes out of respect for hospitality. Money? You'll usually need to be persistent to make me take it.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/17/13 12:21 pm

Always refuse the first time. If they ask again, then it's a yes. Just how I was raised.

susanr Colorado
07/17/13 11:53 am

Where? Someone's house? Why would I say no, unless I really don't want to eat? Or a random person? But money? I don't think I've ever been offered money. Since I'm not sure what circumstances you're referring to, I said no.

Zack100 Tatooine
07/17/13 12:30 pm

In general, if someone offers you, say... a water bottle...just because they are buying one and you are with them, would you accept it or say no? I mean a situation where you dont absolutely need or perhaps deserve the object you would recieve.

Kris Humidity Central
07/17/13 11:32 am

I usually say no. It's just a conditioned response.
Growing up, for example, I was never able to get anything more than $13 from a sit down restaurant.
Years later I'm on a date and the guys appalled I ask what the price limit it.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/17/13 12:19 pm

I let the other person order first and shoot for cheaper than that.

Zack100 Tatooine
07/17/13 11:25 am

I always find myself saying no when someone offers me food or money. It is an automatic reflex. I don't have time to think about whether I actually do want the object or not.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
07/17/13 11:19 am

I've been exposed to too many cultures where it is rude to refuse offers when a guest in the home so I politely accept.

Kay41 the Midwest
07/17/13 11:26 am

I usually say no because I don't want to put someone out but you have a good point I will have to remember.