NateE July 15th, 2013 3:14pm

Do you consider yourself to be a morally good person?

HopefulChaos ohio
07/16/13 1:56 pm

I have a lot I need to change about my lifestyle (such as where I but my clothing from) but overall, yes.

DavesNotHere where am I
07/15/13 1:49 pm

Yes...except for the thefts and that one murder, I'm very moral.

yepnope Maryland
07/15/13 9:56 am

I want to hear from some people who said no.

yepnope Maryland
07/15/13 10:11 am

I'm guessing they are self loathing based on the inability to break a bad habit like drugs or they are currently cheating on their significant other... Or they work for an insurance co, law firm, lobbyist, marketing co, etc.

MrsLizT South Louisiana
07/15/13 10:30 am

After reading all the posts, I doubt anyone anyone would dare.

DrReid Ever present.
07/15/13 9:45 am

Yes I do, my main philosophies are to learn more about the world than I did yesterday, and to lessen the suffering of others, and I abide by those.

You don't need to believe in God to be saved or a good person, you just need to treat your fellow

DrReid Ever present.
07/15/13 9:47 am

Man, your fellow creations of God well. That was the message of Jesus, and that is the only thing a benevolent god would care about.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
07/15/13 10:34 am

Funny how there's so many different interpretations of the same text.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/15/13 9:15 am

Yeah, I would definitely say I am. But that is based on my own interpretation of morals. I abide by the laws of the land and I consider myself to be a good person for many other reasons - but a religious person would disagree.

NateE Moderate Republican
07/15/13 9:20 am

It's not a religious persons job to judge you, and if they are truly religious they would know that

HayleyS looking up.
07/15/13 9:35 am

I'm religious, and I think there are plenty of people who arent religious like you who are morally good. You have a good spirit about you MrL.
And I know plenty of religious people who have a mean spirit about them.

HayleyS looking up.
07/15/13 9:36 am

I much prefer the nonreligious good spirited person than the religious mean spirited person.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/15/13 9:55 am

Thanks, Hsim. You're such a sweetheart. ❤

Unfortunately, Nathan - many religious people are blind to the fact that religion doesn't make you a good person, it's just what you believe.

ClarityRose Now taking suggestions
07/15/13 6:02 pm

I'm with Hsim. I'm also religious and would prefer your company over that of many churchgoers I've encountered!

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/15/13 6:19 pm

YAY! :D I'm not an unreligious heathen?! :O hehe

ClarityRose Now taking suggestions
07/15/13 6:53 pm

Ha! Depend on the day ;p
J/k. You know we love you.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/15/13 7:03 pm

Hehe, yay. ❤ *lights on fire since I'm an atheist* YOU LIED TO ME!

Kris Humidity Central
07/15/13 9:02 am

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Not by a long shot.

MrAngerer
07/15/13 8:37 am

Unless He sees us covered by the redemptive blood of Jesus, He sees none of us as good.

NateE Moderate Republican
07/15/13 8:38 am

Just remember their is nothing you can do on this earth to earn your way into heaven, only through the salvation of Jesus can you get into heaven. But I'm sure your a good person

MrAngerer
07/15/13 8:41 am

It makes me want to cry, that a Holy and Perfect God would love me, a completely imperfect and totally depraved individual, so much that He would die so that I could spend eternity basking in His glory.

political Georgia
07/15/13 8:42 am

That is why we should honor God every chance we get!

NateE Moderate Republican
07/15/13 8:43 am

He has no reason to love us so much, but he does. He doesn't just love you when your in church either or at your high points, think back to the lowest point of your life and the worst thing you ever did, he still loved you that much then too

NateE Moderate Republican
07/15/13 8:47 am

I also think its amazing that when a sinner changes his ways and turns to god, heaven celebrates. Yes heaven would celebrate if a sinner turned to god right now because it's one of his children who was lost, but now found. The one example I know from

NateE Moderate Republican
07/15/13 8:48 am

The bible is this women had three gold coins, but lost one. She tore up her entire household looking for it for days (it was very valuable) and when she found it she rejoiced and invited her friends over to celebrate. The lost coin in this story is..

NateE Moderate Republican
07/15/13 8:51 am

A lost person who hasn't found god, the woman is god always searching and her celebrating is the heavens celebrating. Does that make some sense?

DrReid Ever present.
07/15/13 9:51 am

Nathan, I disagree. I don't believe God is a lunatic or self centered. God doesn't actually care about whether you believe in him or not, he does not care about what sort if traditions you use to worship him, if any at all. A truly benevolent God,

DrReid Ever present.
07/15/13 9:56 am

Would want his people, to treat each other well, and repent when they don't. Many people are born, live and die without even being exposed to Christianity, why should they be denied salvation because of bad luck? God is not like that he loves all.

NateE Moderate Republican
07/15/13 10:00 am

It's fine to disagree, that's just what I was taught. Do you believe in god?

DrReid Ever present.
07/15/13 10:15 am

I believe it is likely that there is a God, but I don't really on faith.

I really on argument like the cosmological argument, to give a logical justification for this believe. But nothing is 100% certain. I also believe we should never attempt

DrReid Ever present.
07/15/13 10:17 am

To explain the natural world using the supernatural. We don't need to rely on a creator, to explain our existence. Pointing to the order and complexity of the universe is not a good reason to believe there is a God.

MJSeals J.D.
07/15/13 8:26 am

Many people try to use their own morals to justify their actions

NateE Moderate Republican
07/15/13 8:24 am

I've noticed that even the worst of people consider themselves good people. I don't think many people consider themselves bad