Show Of Hands August 13th, 2012 12:00am

Have you/would you adopt a child? (UserQ)

mrcoyote Casa Grande
08/18/12 11:10 am

Adopt a teenage boy. Dont have to deal with pmsing or other girl problems and dont have to put up with him as a child, and he gets a nice happy well supplied home. Sounds like a win win situation to me

jms in the middle of Nowhere
08/18/12 10:42 am

brother- I would disagree. I'm glad people realize they couldn't handle it and say no. As an adoptive mom, I can tell you it's not for everyone!!! You have to put up with a lot of ups and downs, legal stuff, crazy birth parent, not knowing medical/mental history for one side and so much more!!!

brothernai
08/17/12 10:12 pm

If you wouldn't want to adopt, you're heartless

JohnnyC
08/17/12 11:37 am

My sister adopted a boy from Guatemala and my aunt adopted a girl from China. They are great kids.

113girl Idaho
08/17/12 7:25 am

I am not sure, I am pregnant with my first, I want 8 kids if I am not able to have that many, I will definitely consider adoption.

08/15/12 10:02 pm

I was always willing to adopt my niece and nephew. But my bro found a great step mom for them.

jms in the middle of Nowhere
08/15/12 7:56 pm

Covers not 'cove'. Sheesh, I should have done better spell-checking!!, LOL

jms in the middle of Nowhere
08/15/12 7:21 pm

Adoption can be a rough, emotional thing. It's not for the faint of heart!! We got our son when he was 4. It's been a challenge but we know he was meant to be in our family!!! We know there are probably more challenges ahead (he's only 7). He IS OUR SON!! I just didn't have to go through labor!! :-)

jms in the middle of Nowhere
08/15/12 7:19 pm

To those who made the ignorant, appalling comments I referenced at the beginning--- please do not have children. You're right, idiots shouldn't have children and pass on the genes!!!

jms in the middle of Nowhere
08/15/12 7:15 pm

...mental health counseling if needed. It more than cove any extra costs in food, clothing, etc.
To those who say they don't want children-- great!!! I'm glad you realize that BEFORE you had any! :-)

jms in the middle of Nowhere
08/15/12 7:15 pm

...NOTHING. We were foster parents. The State paid for the lawyer (finally, a great use for my tax money!!) and everything else. It is air-tight. There is no way for either parent to come back and change their mind. We also get a check each month to help cover any costs like...

jms in the middle of Nowhere
08/15/12 7:14 pm

...and knew they couldn't be the parents their child deserved. Ok so they were idiots in getting sent to prison but They CHOSE to give up their parental rights so that he could have a good life.
3- it does NOT take a bucket load of money to adopt. In fact, it cost us...

jms in the middle of Nowhere
08/15/12 7:13 pm

...children and 1 adopted. Our youngest and our adopted were born on the same day. They are not "the twins". Does he have baggage? You bet!! Just like EVERY OTHER PERSON!!!!
2- He's not a "used child". And it's not that his bio parents were idiots or didn't want him. They were both in prison...

jms in the middle of Nowhere
08/15/12 7:12 pm

I am appalled at some of the answers here. Used babies?? Idiot genes?? Maybe if they're white?? If their parents didn't want them, there must be something wrong with them?? Selfish for having my own children when I could adopt? Only if you had a nanny and lots of $$$??
1- I have 4 biological...

08/15/12 6:51 pm

I Would Adopt Every Child If I Could. I Never Want Any Child To Have My Life.

techgirl89 Michigan
08/15/12 5:19 pm

(contd.) most of you don't know how the system works. you get tossed around 10 families in 3 years. And there's no guarantee of a good Foster home. The day you turn 18, you are told to pack your bags and leave. Hopefully u have a job and a place to stay...

techgirl89 Michigan
08/15/12 4:44 pm

I would definitely adopt, but my fiance is more on the side of "if We have to We will. " I myself along with my 4 siblings were adopted. I want to adopt every child who wants a home (there are plenty who don't). I don't want to leave a child unloved and stranded.

cowboy Come on, man
08/15/12 2:56 pm

@ishady Wants wrong with stopping the State from murdering babies and adopting kids who need homes?

buzzyboy
08/15/12 1:08 pm

I said yes, but only if my wife really wants a child and there isn't a way for us to conceive

Chukar retired police officer
08/15/12 9:25 am

I am not interested in taking on that much responsibility at this time. However I support a 10 year old boy in Guatemala and a 14 year old girl in the Dominican Republic.

JohnnyC
08/15/12 7:35 am

Would love to but the state says my wife and I are too old.

ishady 86451132020
08/15/12 6:57 am

When the republicans make abortion illegal we will all have to adopt one or two.

snuzzy
08/15/12 4:51 am

I said no because we already have two kids. One of them has special needs. I couldn't adequately care for another child IMO.

NewsView
08/15/12 1:34 am

Adoption is a new wrinkle on "green" - save a kid; save the planet (from overpopulation). However, I wonder how many adoptions have taken place as fertility treatment options improve?

peacenskis Alaska
08/15/12 12:10 am

Starting to look like that may be my only option if I really want one. Makes no difference to me at all.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/14/12 11:48 pm

me grandma. Then others wanted to also. Love does not have to be genetic.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/14/12 11:47 pm

I was adopted a month ago. Two little girls at work asked me to be their grandma. Mom's mom died of breast cancer. Oddly we have the same first name. Told them I'd be delighted. The 4 year old told me. "First I grew in your tummy. Then my mommies.". So when I work day care I have kids calling

moesif
08/14/12 10:58 pm

dylansl you sound like an idiot

lullaby
08/14/12 10:28 pm

Yes, my dream since I was in 9th grade. My cousin is adopted. My neighbor also adopted a little girl last year.

Steve6453 Michigan
08/14/12 10:04 pm

only if i had i sperm problem. or if she had a problem.

dylansl Texas
08/14/12 9:41 pm

Idiots have babies and leave them. These babies will the idiot genes. Other people then adopt them.

There are enough idiots, don't adopt.

08/14/12 8:06 pm

I think otter94 is confusing. Why would someone's child be more important than someone else's by virtue of having been born first? Why would the mother who gave birth later be more selfish than the one who gave birth earlier? I don't get it.

08/14/12 8:01 pm

My oldest is adopted. Awesome kid, has had some compulsion problems - stealing, overeating. Doc said in nature vs. nurture, nature wins until kid is about 18, and that families who lose kids generally struggle with inherited compulsion issues. So we fight the good fight, hoping for a win!

yoodle Texas
08/14/12 7:58 pm

Let the free market have them

08/14/12 7:38 pm

Just adopted a little girl last month. She's awesome. @QuietGuy13 that has nothing to do with being adopted. That's just people and family. My family hated each other for 7 years. When they finally got together at Christmas 2 yrs ago fist fights broke out and they're not talking again. Yay holidays

ncbuc Get Over It
08/14/12 7:38 pm

My niece and nephew are adopted.
They are wonderful. It was his birthday today.

RogueMom In a Hand Basket
08/14/12 7:15 pm

Awww, Daveo5 put his age in his username. That's so cute.

QuietGuy13 Indiana
08/14/12 7:10 pm

My mom did, and the jerk tried to get me arrested twice and caused everyone in my family to hate each other. I've had enough of adoption for my lifetime

ugafan Southern by choice
08/14/12 6:53 pm

I didn't (gave birth to 3), but I would've.

Daveo5 Texas
08/14/12 6:47 pm

Nope. If their own parents didn't want them then there must be something wrong with them.