HopefulChaos ohio
07/16/13 2:03 pm

I used to a lot but with the medication I'm on now it gives me bad anxiety and just an awful feeling. I still smoke a little bit occasionally.

07/16/13 12:06 am

Btw I. Said nothing. Referring to the govnm't legalizing pot. The original question was have. You ever smoked marijuana! Are you okay?

thewreckage
07/14/13 4:08 pm

Yup. Didn't go insane, didn't kill any anyone.

Jungle in the dog house
07/14/13 4:05 pm

I shared one joint one time many years ago. First time and last time. All it did was make me tired.

spicysteve M14D SBS
07/14/13 3:34 pm

Never have. Never will.

07/14/13 3:35 pm

Good answer!

07/15/13 7:05 am

Political, I'm interested to know how do you know & why do you think it's a good answer? No judging here. Just curious.

07/15/13 8:19 am

Because pot is linked to testicular cancer. I don't won't Steve, or anyone to get cancer.

07/15/13 4:24 pm

Political, you're maybe, possibly not likely to be somewhat kinda right or wrong on this. The study used only 455 men total, 163 men who had testicular germ cent tumors & 292 men w/out. They were asked about their recreational drug use. ...

07/15/13 4:24 pm

It showed about twice the # of men w/the tumors smoked pot at some point. Here's the tricky part. Case studies like this one, take an extremely small # of people. Outcomes depend an random people & the question asked. ...

07/15/13 4:24 pm

Take this example: 163 men have a sweet tooth, 292 don't. If the men were asked about their candy bar eating habits. The study could state twice as many men w/sweet tooths ate Baby Ruth's at some point in their lives. ...

07/15/13 4:25 pm

In the marijuana/nut cancer study, the scientist admits, "However, This Type of Study CAN'T PROVE that a Factor Actually Causes The Disease." The chances are slight...

07/15/13 4:25 pm

If (a big If) this case study warrants them & other much more intense clinical studies show the same findings, then worry. BTW, it's not likely. Sooo, relax,& light that fatty will ya?

07/15/13 10:03 pm

That is why I made sure I said link. There are some more reasons why I said God's answer

1. I don't want Steve going to jail.

2. I do not want Steve high.
The following could happen if Steve is high
A) he could get in a car and get into an accident

07/15/13 10:05 pm

B) He could say some things he may regret.

C) he may be more aggressive than normal and get into a fight.

07/15/13 11:39 pm

You seem overly protective of Steve. You don't want Steve high, who are U to Steve.? Isn'he a big boy? He could get into a car & have an accident. Steve don,t drink smoke or snort Coke & get into a car! Doesn't"t Steve have any sense at all? Wow

07/15/13 11:42 pm

Anybody can Ina car accident any time. It's not likely he,d get aggressive. It has the opposite effect. You should learn more before assuming what it'll do or not and give unsound advice. Didja know cops stop those high usually for driving too slow?

07/15/13 11:42 pm

I was listing why I did not want Steve to smoke pot. That is what you asked. By the context of your question I was well within my bounds to state why I do not think Steve (or anyone) should smoke pot. Your last comment touched on a different issue..

07/15/13 11:44 pm

Not your question at hand. Of course, it is cynical to suggest that I have any "power" over Steve. That was not what I was getting at. Instead your comment touches on this question, "should the government legalize pot?"

07/15/13 11:49 pm

Everybody is different. Some may get aggressive others may relax. I highly doubt a police officer pulls someone over for going to slow. Going slow is not a crime. The pothead may have been swerving.

07/16/13 12:00 am

& play semantics. I don't really care. It's just too bad someone may think you know things you obviously don't. Make Steve watch, "Refer Madness." We all know that's fact based.

07/16/13 12:00 am

I grew up in a family of cops including, chief a commissioner. You'd be surprised. Also they tend to stop short of the stop sign or light! Whatever. Just don't appoint yourself my mommy like your doing Steve. Spew assumptions unfounded assertions

07/16/13 12:03 am

Have a wonderful evening. Good luck w/everything you do. We can agree to disagree. I just wish you were open to facts, reality & didn't think others need your protection from thing you know nothing about.. See ya :-)

07/16/13 12:08 am

Did someone tinkle in your cup of tea? If I disputed some of your claims, don't take it personal. It is a debate. That is what happens. I, Steve's Mommy, oh please that is lame. I simply explained why I thought Steve made a good choice.

07/16/13 12:13 am

I'm sorry! That is just hilarious the way you misconstrued my position! You act as I have power over Steve, when I simply said, "Good answer".

07/16/13 12:18 am

Political, I,ll admit I gigot frustrated. In get that way debating? A brick wall @ 3am. You started off siting a faulty study. I explained even the scientist said this dozen,t mean you get ball cancer from pot. Then you "don't want Steve to blah

07/16/13 12:19 am

Blah blah. I explain you're incorrect & why... This just went on & on. Facts...denial Facts...denial. I try to politely bow out. Denial & jab jab jab. We disagree, now go to bed or wherever you go..

07/16/13 12:21 am

Stop. You know that's not what you said. You said, I don,t want Steve to...
I don't want Steve to do that...
I didn't misconstrue anything I just said you seem a little overprotective! Good night, I'm glad you're happy. Ignorance is bliss.

07/16/13 12:31 am

No! I do not wish Steve to go to jail, nor do I wish for him to get high for the reasons I presented. That's not trying to control his life. That was just my way of getting across the point. I highly doubt Steve really cares what I say.

07/16/13 12:33 am

Second of all, I wouldn't say I ignored the data you provided. I think you provided good evidence to support your case. However, it is hard to disprove the link. If you were arguing that it is not proven that pot is linked to "nut cancer", you got me

07/16/13 12:34 am

I hope you respond tomorrow.

07/16/13 12:40 am

I would like to bold the word PROVEN in my second post.

yepnope Maryland
07/14/13 2:38 pm

If you said no please stop judging the sht out of something you know little about... Or at least please stop having such strong opinions about the topic and admit your opinion is based on speculation and fear

07/14/13 3:34 pm

Sorry! I am just scared of getting testicular cancer.

07/14/13 9:49 pm

I absolutely back this comment from yepnope. Political, might I suggest you not get HGH shots & stop doing strange things w/your nuts. BTW, "...paranoia will destroy ya..."

07/14/13 1:36 pm

Yes! Medically, for me it's close to a miracle drug! The DEA has gotten between myself & my pain specialists. I had to stop recently so they didn't lose licenses. Feels like I stepped back 10+ years. Federally legalize for All, not just medically.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/14/13 1:24 pm

Nearly. Being in a group and being the only one NOT high was one of my most memorable experiences.

GetEduc8d learning more everyday
07/14/13 1:09 pm

Argh. Set the phone down & submitted in error. I used to but it became a problem. So much so I couldn't keep it in the house because I would wake & bake every day. I would say that I was addicted & that I ...

GetEduc8d learning more everyday
07/14/13 1:10 pm

still am as I think about it at least a couple of times a week even though I haven't had a puff or even been around anyone who smokes in over 8 years. It's BS that it's not addictive. It just depends on how you're wired.

chinito Florida
07/14/13 12:27 pm

Legalize it and tax it.

We will finally have Democrats paying taxes!

DrReid Ever present.
07/14/13 12:20 pm

I don't, but I would be willing to try it once if it is ever fully legalized.

jmudie Live Free or Die
07/14/13 12:15 pm

I can't right now for my job, but I do enjoy partaking.

northcoreya Florida
07/14/13 11:52 am

Oops. Submitted by error. I have never consumed marijuana, but I think it should be legalized. Additional tax revenue plus fewer people in prisons for something that truly is not all that horrible. Sounds reasonable to me.

NateE Moderate Republican
07/14/13 11:56 am

I think we need to get the drug users out of prison. Only the dealers should get jail time and the users should get a fine

jonny323
07/14/13 11:58 am

Plus think of the thousands and thousands of jobs that would be created when we can grow pot, sell the buds, and use the hemp for the thousands of different products it can be made into, which are mostly quite environmentally friendly.

NateE Moderate Republican
07/14/13 11:59 am

I think that it would take a lot of power away from the drug cartels as well

07/14/13 12:40 pm

^^^^ That is a problem I have with the legalization movement's logic. Drug cartel will only sell pot in higher quantities or migrate to harder drugs. The drug cartel is going no where.

NateE Moderate Republican
07/14/13 1:07 pm

Do you think the drug cartel already doesn't sell about as much as possible for one? For two if it is legalized it will hurt them because we will be growing it here and selling it in stores and such. And for 3 the drug cartel already sells hard drugs

07/14/13 1:10 pm

And how will legalization reduce the power of the cartel?

07/14/13 1:18 pm

While I wait for your response, I will address your three points:

1. I do not know what you meant by your first point, but yes the drug cartel is bad.

2. If you legalize pot, there will be taxes and regulations. The drug cartel does not have to...

07/14/13 1:20 pm

tax or follow regulations because they do not care about following the law. Therefore, they will sell pot in higher quantities. They already have an advantage over people who wishes to sell it legally. Plus, they could focus on selling harder drugs.

07/14/13 1:21 pm

3. Okay! I think we both know that. What's exactly your point?

NateE Moderate Republican
07/14/13 1:22 pm

Well I don't see anyone running around with bootleg alcohol now that it's legal again after prohibition, it would be similar to that. It took the power away. It would be illegal to but it without paying the taxes and everything, why would someone..

NateE Moderate Republican
07/14/13 1:22 pm

Risk jail time when they can just buy it at the store?

07/14/13 1:26 pm

There is a lot of difference in prohibition and fighting the drug cartel. All alcohol gives you a similar effect. It just depends on the concentration of the alcohol. Each illegal drug gives you a different highness and has different side-effects....

07/14/13 1:28 pm

There are more of a variety of illegal drugs the cartel could offer. That leads me to address the point you just made. "Why Risk jail time when they can just buy it at the store?" Great question! I ask myself everyday why would someone want to ....

07/14/13 1:32 pm

smoke an illegal substance. I do not know the answer, but they do. If pot was legal, people will want to buy pot cheaper and in higher quantities. Who do you think they will go too? The drug cartel may sell pot really cheap, in attempt to attract..

07/14/13 1:32 pm

... Customers to buy their harder drugs.

NateE Moderate Republican
07/14/13 1:36 pm

You are making a lot of stretches man. The majority of people would just buy pot at the store, not that creepy bald guy driving a beat up cavalier around selling pot. Would they still make money selling harder drugs? Of course. But..

NateE Moderate Republican
07/14/13 1:37 pm

Marijuana is where they make the majority of their money and that market will be hurt very bad.

07/14/13 1:41 pm

You don't think the drug cartel can sell pot cheaper? There are just enough people that do not care about the law to keep drug dealers in business. Plus more people would buy from the drug dealers because it would be hard for the police to convict..

07/14/13 1:42 pm

a customer of the drug dealer for using pot illegally.

NateE Moderate Republican
07/14/13 1:48 pm

Yes maybe a few would, not very many. The majority of people would just walk in their local store and buy pot, not risk jail time. To suggest everyone would continue to buy illegal drugs when it just got legalized is 100% absurd

07/14/13 1:50 pm

Somebody needs to reread what I said. I never said everyone would buy pot illegally. I was just showing you the drug cartel is not going to lose power by legalizing pot.

NateE Moderate Republican
07/14/13 1:54 pm

Yes they would, they would lose power. So you admit the majority of people would just buy it at the store? How is that NOT taking power away from them?

07/14/13 3:05 pm

There will be more users if pot was legal. Therefore just because some buy pot legally does not necessarily mean that the drug cartels customers will decrease. Some do not want to pay taxes on pot or will figure out pot is cheaper buying it illegal

jonny323
07/14/13 11:34 am

Just rolled a joint now actually.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/14/13 11:19 am

Yes. It's pretty great, but only for a little while. I enjoyed it for about a year, in college, before quitting forever in order to become a full-fledged adult and an employee of the United States. I don't regret it though -- it was amazing fun! :)

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/14/13 11:21 am

I'm always wary of people who swear off seemingly harmless things without at least trying them, if only once or twice even.

HayleyS looking up.
07/14/13 11:23 am

I really just do not want to try it. Does that make sense? Lol

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/14/13 11:33 am

It makes sense, it just makes people draw certain conclusions about your perceived open-mindedness versus narrow-mindedness. If that sort of thing matters to you, you might care. Otherwise you won't. Both are fine

aurealis the sky
07/14/13 11:33 am

I agree Stiletto :) I'm wary of those kind of people too, who push against it but have never tried it. And that's totally respectable Hsim. I don't think you should if you don't want to.

HayleyS looking up.
07/14/13 11:36 am

I understand what you're saying. I do want people to know I am open minded, but I'm just really not interested in the stuff. So not going to do something just so people know I have an open mind.

jonny323
07/14/13 11:38 am

Honestly I've smoked pot for almost 7 years and I find stiletto much more narrow minded because of the comment implying that pot smokers can not be "full fledged adults" or us employees as the one who never smoked as long as they aren't preachy.

jonny323
07/14/13 11:40 am

Hsim, we won't think you're narrow minded unless you start telling us how terrible pot is and how we're making horrible life decisions and stuff like that. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to inhale smoke. It's not good for the lungs.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/14/13 11:50 am

Seven years is a long time and you'd be lying if you said you don't know any burnouts. How do you suppose they got that way?

aurealis the sky
07/14/13 11:52 am

Not all of us are burnouts, and still an adult.

jonny323
07/14/13 11:55 am

Because the kind of people that start smoking pot are disproportionately lazy. Everyone I know who smokes pot and never amounted to anything wasn't going to amount to anything, pot or no pot.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/14/13 12:03 pm

It sure didn't help their motivational capacity, that much isn't even in question.

jonny323
07/14/13 12:06 pm

It isn't a question for me either. They never had any motivation to do what they were supposed to. At least after they started smoking most of them were motivated to be more creative. It is sad that they never got their lives on track, but I can...

jonny323
07/14/13 12:08 pm

say with 100% certainty that smoking pot did not make them any less motivated. Not a single one. I had one friend that claimed it was making him depressed, but then he just quit.

DrReid Ever present.
07/14/13 12:15 pm

Carl Sagan smoked, and he was onof the

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/14/13 12:16 pm

you can vehemently deny it all you want, I'm just more inclined to see it how I've experienced it firsthand. It's fun when you don't have a lot of responsibilities, but it gets in the way when you do. Just like anything else that isn't in moderation

DrReid Ever present.
07/14/13 12:17 pm

Submitted early

He was one of the greatest scientists of our time, his work with NASA and his show COSMOS inspired and entire generation of scientists and physicist...

Myself included.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/14/13 12:21 pm

For every Carl Sagan there's a thousand smokers who never got off the couch. Probably more.

jonny323
07/14/13 12:28 pm

Well then there's your problem. You weren't able to control it. Obviously if you let anything get in the way of your responsibilities then you're gonna have problems. That doesn't mean pot is bad.

ishady 86451132020
07/14/13 11:17 am

What? Yes. Wait,...what?

What was the question again?

Anybody got some fritos?

aurealis the sky
07/14/13 11:16 am

Yes, and I do on a pretty regular basis.

jpater Au2O3
07/14/13 11:16 am

Tried it in HS and again in grad school (so, twice) and was profoundly disappointed. Nothing, nada, zilch, zippo. I must be lacking the THC receptor or something.

aurealis the sky
07/14/13 11:31 am

I have heard of people smoking it and not feeling anything at all. Not very common though.

jpater Au2O3
07/14/13 11:42 am

There goes my secret desire to be a hippie ;)

aurealis the sky
07/14/13 11:51 am

I feel disappointed for you haha ;)

LochnessMonster Milky way
07/14/13 11:12 am

I've smoked my share and probably enough for a few others. And when I retire ill be having plenty more.

NateE Moderate Republican
07/14/13 11:11 am

I personally never have and have no desire to do so whatsoever

kateXcore Dark side of the moon
07/14/13 11:20 am

Same. But I'm 100% for legalization.

HayleyS looking up.
07/14/13 11:22 am

I don't know how I feel about legalization. I can't decide. I think it's stupid that it is illegal while cigarettes and alcohol aren't.

kateXcore Dark side of the moon
07/14/13 11:56 am

I say, let someone live their life as they want, as long as it doesn't harm another life.