Show Of Hands July 14th, 2013 2:12am

Now that he has been acquitted of all charges, will George Zimmerman ever get hired as a police officer (as he has wanted)?

madison614
07/18/14 4:34 pm

I followed this case from day one to the last second. It still sickens me to know he got let off. I still have hope karma will get him. He is a bad man.
RIP trayvon

Jabroney
07/22/13 6:30 pm

He's the perfect candidate...

Gomer SW Mo.
07/21/13 12:16 pm

He will need to move the small mid west town!

lefty734 Flowery Branch
07/20/13 4:16 pm

I would hope that someone like Zimmerman would NEVER become a police officer.

tabbser
07/20/13 12:51 am

He has been proven innocent yet some people a apparently can't accept that.

Sharknado Colo
07/18/13 9:09 pm

He'll never have to work again after he sues the bejesus out of MSNBC.

demonio Wisconsin
07/18/13 8:27 pm

Despite our opinions an feelings (which are valid) if he fulfills the requirements and puts in the work I don't see why he should be treated any different. We can't withhold just because we don't like him. For instance can a KKK member be a fireman?

wingman646 Jacksonville
07/17/13 4:02 pm

It shouldn't. There is no right to do so. He behaved legally...but that doesn't change the fact that politics ruin our police just like the rest of our nation.

honest
07/17/13 12:06 pm

If there are more people like you, I'm sure he will.

thrasher2 Arizona
07/20/13 10:40 am

And I hope you have a horrible life

Mindyflyz Dreamland
07/17/13 7:51 am

If he can get acquitted and then bring a civil suit to the Martin family, he could probably run for Secretary of Defense at the rate we are going.

iramo94 Baltimore
07/16/13 1:50 pm

I don't see how he "wanted to be a police officer.". He turned down a job with the police a couple years ago.

valeriejo ramble on
07/16/13 7:23 am

Just what Florida needs! Another trigger-happy, self important, over aggressive police officer!

honest
07/16/13 7:04 am

I'm amazed at how many people don't know the facts of this case but have determined a verdict. It's just ignorant to make that kind of decision. Also, can we stop the attack on the stand your ground law which wasn't used in this case?!

wingman646 Jacksonville
07/17/13 4:01 pm

Amen fellow Floridian! Racism has been the latest vehicle to try and strip us of our rights. Why else would the white house and mainstream media propagate a race war?

tabbser
07/20/13 12:53 am

It was used in the case. It's simply part of self defense. It was in the judges instructions. I support stand your ground, but let's get the facts straight.

strangled Kansas
07/15/13 9:27 pm

I really hope he does...

misterzero West Virginia
07/15/13 3:24 pm

he'll be lucky to be able to live a full life at this point. things are gonna be ugly for him and justly so.

cowboy Here and There
07/15/13 2:34 pm

Why wouldn't he be able to?

madison614
07/15/13 9:16 pm

…because he went to trial for killing someone

cowboy Here and There
07/19/13 3:10 am

You spelled defending himself wrong...

theNobamist Silicon Valley
07/15/13 2:01 pm

La Raza va NAACP on race smack down on Pay-Per-View!

bubbaman
07/15/13 7:33 am

No. He was already rejected based on his mental profile. He used poor judgement and a citizen that was minding his own business got killed. George needs to get a job doing something that doesn't require thinking. Perhaps congress?

bubbaman
07/15/13 7:39 am

The police didn't think George belonged on patrol with a gun. They felt he was not fit. That he was likely to do something dangerous or stupid or both. Are we getting the picture here?

huskermedic Cincinnati
07/15/13 6:57 am

Well considering that the local police and local prosacuter were not the one's to bring charges since they said there was no crime. Yes, he could get hired as one. If you did not and refused to hire him he would have all kinds of legal recorse.

joyearnest Florida
07/15/13 6:05 am

Why won't he get a cop job he did nothing wrong, the court agrees he was in the right.

07/15/13 9:55 am

Because he's stupid. The last thing the world needs is another cop who shoots before he thinks. (Or she.)

Brrrrrrrrr
07/15/13 2:08 pm

Actually, most cops are stupid. In fact, it's a requirement in some places. And courts have even ruled that they are permitted to refuse you employment simply because you're too smart.

thndrstrike Salinas, California
07/15/13 1:30 am

Well, he acted like every police officer would. "Hey. You threatening me?" *shoots* I agree he was innocent (self-defense and stuff), but I also have this voice in my head saying "He shot him too soon for it to be self-defense."

deucediggz
07/15/13 12:25 pm

Self defense?? He pursued, confronted, and initiated a conflict. Did Trayvon not have the right to stand his ground?

Sirithil Texas
07/15/13 2:53 pm

The facts of the case as interpreted by the jury - really the only opinion that matters - are that Zimmerman was jumped.

honest
07/16/13 6:53 am

Thirdstrike, too soon?! How much time has to elapse before you can consider it life threatening?

DeathSheep Michigan
07/14/13 10:42 pm

Will Casey Anthony ever be hired as a baby sitter?

icecryp Louisiana
07/14/13 9:58 pm

Zimmerman will never b hired anywhere. Nobody is going to want the drama that is going to b following him. It's sad people think he should have let Trayvon bash his head in instead of defending himself. The media over hyped it. And made it racial.

Captainbstring Biden is a Clown
07/15/13 1:15 am

Not even close to true.....just your biased opinion

sainttoad
07/14/13 8:58 pm

He'll be dead by his own hand in less than ten years. And good riddance.

Captainbstring Biden is a Clown
07/15/13 1:18 am

Nah.... Just wishful thinking on your part. First there's the talk show circuit, then he writes a book and then if he can make his money work for him he'll be set.

2ndafe Flat lands of Ohio
07/14/13 8:24 pm

The latest is that he is thinking about going to law school.

madison614
07/14/13 7:55 pm

Heck no!!!!!! He has to go into hiding, someone's gonna get him. I cried when I found out that he was let free. I hope he rots.

skittlesucker
07/14/13 8:13 pm

I thought they said ignorance is bliss, apparently not?

madison614
07/14/13 8:19 pm

No police station would ever think of hiring a person that went to trial for murder. That's a joke. Zimmerman killed Martin. And left him for dead. I hope the jury can't sleep at night. And I really hope Zimmerman gets caught.

skittlesucker
07/14/13 8:29 pm

Yes, be angry use your hate, your hate makes you stronger. The dark side is strong in this one.

snacks East Bumfart
07/14/13 7:21 pm

There's one thing this "RACE CASE" was missing!.......

A WHITE PERSON!!!!!

sainttoad
07/14/13 9:09 pm

You're an idiot.

Captainbstring Biden is a Clown
07/15/13 1:20 am

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!! How true! The media was sooooo disappointed when GZ wasn't white. The media in this country is part of the problem NOT the solution

honest
07/16/13 7:04 am

Saintload, what was so dumb about that comment?

EvoMike California
07/18/13 6:45 pm

Mexicans hate niggers too.

honest
07/18/13 7:07 pm

And everybody hates a racist.

paidert1 Columbus, Ohio
07/14/13 7:01 pm

Anybody else following this case? Wonder why the good Rev Sharpton is not up in arms with this. Undoubtedly because there's no race card to play... www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/19/marissa-alexander-gets-20_n_1530035.html

skittlesucker
07/14/13 7:17 pm

Read the article comparing the two is bullshit. She left and came back with a gun, enough said. If Zimmerman would've gotten beaten up, and then retrieved his gun from his truck. Guilty no questions asked. But that's not the case now is it.

paidert1 Columbus, Ohio
07/14/13 7:33 pm

A) I'm not saying Zimmerman should be guilty. I'm asking where Sharpton is on this case.
B) I did read the article, and I don't think the stand your ground law should apply. But 20 years for a warning shot? Really? I also understand that she went...

paidert1 Columbus, Ohio
07/14/13 7:34 pm

.. back in to get her kids and belongings and was trying to make sure he didn't beat her up again (since she had a restraining order and he had abused her multiple times).

skittlesucker
07/14/13 8:10 pm

Firing a warning shot ever, is illegal in just about every state. If you pull you gun out and squeeze the trigger it had better be intended to kill someone legally. I get what you're saying but she did have an opportunity in which to call the cops.

skittlesucker
07/14/13 8:11 pm

Allegedly and there is no evidence to say otherwise Zimmerman did not.

paidert1 Columbus, Ohio
07/14/13 8:23 pm

My issue with this is the mandatory minimum sentence. This woman did not deserve to go to jail for 20 years. The punishment does not fit the crime.

skittlesucker
07/14/13 8:33 pm

I definitely agree with the mandatory minimum sentencing being a bad idea. There needs to be a judges discretion available. I get the intent is to deter crime but most criminals don't know the law so it's kind of pointless.

Captainbstring Biden is a Clown
07/15/13 1:21 am

Who the hell believes the Huffington Post anyway?! No credibility!

krbeck
07/14/13 5:38 pm

This was a case about self defense. Pure and simple. Politicians and race baiters turned it into a circus, but the jury was intelligent enough to see the truth. Tragic? Yes. Justice served? Yes. I now hope Z can sue the prosecutors.

07/14/13 5:49 pm

Yeah why couldn't Martin have self defense? Martin didn't pursue Zimmerman, it was, in fact, the other way around. Martin had the right to the stand your ground law.

thegovernor
07/14/13 5:54 pm

Following someone does not call for an act of self defense. If this is the case, everyone driving on the road is 'officially' pursuing the car in front of them and the person in the car in front has the right to defend themselves?!?!

krbeck
07/14/13 5:58 pm

Beach, if you follow the case logically, the first crime committed is when Trayvon Martin assaulted Zimmerman. Z may have made mistakes, but he committed no crimes. Trayvon did! It's that simple. Z defended himself just like you and I would do!

07/14/13 5:59 pm

Driving a car is different than being pursued in the rain at night by a BIG guy in a truck. That would get anyone's blood pumping in case they needed to run or fight (basic instinct). The law states if Martin has reasonable suspicion that this man...

07/14/13 6:00 pm

...had intent to cause him great bodily harm then he could kill him. Stand your ground. If I saw a man reaching for his gun I would smash his head with concrete too. Martin was the one being pursued at night. Fight or flight.

07/14/13 6:02 pm

@krbeack, There was no crime till a kid was murdered. Self defense invoked under the stand your ground law is not a crime. Would you assault or shoot someone that entered your home? Now just apply it to public land (basically what the law states).

krbeck
07/14/13 6:02 pm

Following is not a crime. Jumping someone and punching them and bashing their head into the sidewalk is. If anyone reading this post had been in Zimmerman's situation, you would have reacted the same way!

krbeck
07/14/13 6:05 pm

Beach, your ignorant as to what happened. Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman. Z defended himself. Stand your ground was NOT a factor and was never pursued as a defense. Z had no escape. He was being pummeled from on top!

krbeck
07/14/13 6:07 pm

Beach, I honestly hope your never in a situation where you have to defend yourself. If you are, I hope your judged by people who understand self defense better than you understand it!

scottstots Georgia
07/14/13 6:09 pm

My wife took a self defense class and that was lesson number 1: if you are walking at night in the rain and legally followed in a vehicle and legally followed on foot, ignore them, they are legally following you. Obviously, some folks don't know this

skittlesucker
07/14/13 6:09 pm

If Treyvon felt he was in real danger why didn't he call the cops. He had a cell phone didn't he? He was hiding in the bushes why come out? He was an athlete he could have easily outran Zimmerman. He had plenty of opportunities avoid the situation.

skittlesucker
07/14/13 6:14 pm

It's sad and unfortunate but he was no angel and made a bad decision. If Zimmerman didn't have a weapon and the cops showed up, Zimmerman dead or alive. They would have arrested Treyvon and charged him has an adult. That is a fact like it or not.

07/14/13 6:15 pm

@krbeck, you don't understand how fucking done I am. I don't care. If you followed me and I confronted you in defense, then you can't claim fucking self defense!!! Get that one through there. Good bye.

07/14/13 6:16 pm

Of they would have arrested him. But he was fully within his rights to kill him. Technically speaking, the big man in a truck had a gun. I would fear for my life, too, and I'm a big ol athlete myself.

thegovernor
07/14/13 6:16 pm

The 'big guy' in the truck was smaller than Martin. And Martin made it physical not Zimmerman. Martin also racially profiled Zimmerman while on the cell phone which shows he had possible intent of aggressively pursuing his 'follower'

krbeck
07/14/13 6:17 pm

Beach, don't get frustrated with me because I'm logical and lawful. Take a deep breath and and inhale a big whiff of common sense.

krbeck
07/14/13 6:19 pm

Size had ZERO to do with this. One person feloniously assaulted another, and one defended himself. The justice system recognized it. Case closed! Justice served!

07/14/13 6:22 pm

I do have common sense. Have you ever though that Martin thought he would have a better chance if he attacked him and kept him from reaching his gun rather than if he ran? Put yourself in his shoes, and stop judging.

krbeck
07/14/13 6:26 pm

Beach, what would YOU have done? Remember the 4 mins? Remember the female friend telling him to go home? He was an aggressive person. He attacked after a 4 min pause and won the fight! So self defense was imperative. You would do the same!

skittlesucker
07/14/13 6:31 pm

You're forgetting all the other logical options and its ok if you think Treyvon shouldn't have been killed. But logically Zimmerman can't be held responsible because you "feel" Zimmerman was wrong or committed an unknown illegal act.

krbeck
07/14/13 6:36 pm

Beach, put a loved one in Z's situation. Broke no laws, was attacked and his / her. ( your daughter or son)'s ass kicked.... And then they defended themselves in ANY way. Would you have the same Tude?

07/14/13 6:47 pm

@beach Martin wasn't on trial. Martin is dead. Martin was defending himself too tho....but so was Zimmerman. They are both aggressive, but both within their rights to defend themselves. Both of them did defend themselves but Zimmerman lived

krbeck
07/14/13 6:51 pm

Drool, Martin did NOT defend himself. He was being followed, not assaulted. Zimmerman was being physically and seriously assaulted and defended himself.

07/14/13 6:57 pm

But you just said "they both defended themselves", and that is a literal quote like two comments up.
But all that matters is Zimmerman is definitely not guilty or murder, or manslaughter, or whatever charges. He was defending himself

07/14/13 7:00 pm

You don't need to be attacked to defend yourself under Florida law. How can you claim using law and logic when you don't even know that?

Now....continue with this cesspool of racism and misinformation.

07/14/13 7:01 pm

@beachst - what's your point?

07/14/13 7:04 pm

"Drool, Martin did NOT defend himself. He was being followed, not assaulted." He feared for his life from a big man that got out of a truck at night in the rain....with a gun. Did he need to get shot before he was allowed to defend himself?

07/14/13 7:10 pm

Woah you have your facts mixed up big time. Travon didn't get shot immediately on sight. Witnesses report an altercation between the two, and blah blah blah. You just must not have been following the case close enough. Read more and get back to us

07/14/13 7:16 pm

That's...what...I...just...said. It was a hypothetical. Did he NEED to get shot before he was allowed to defend himself. And it was directed at krbre, who said he couldn't be defending himself because he wasn't attacked yet.

krbeck
07/14/13 7:21 pm

Beach, sorry..... Your a racist. And your a clown. Grow up! Mature!

07/14/13 7:41 pm

Okay, you can ignore my whole comment and attack me. Whatever.

Captainbstring Biden is a Clown
07/15/13 1:24 am

However, instead of continuing to his dads house punk ass Trevon decided to circle back and attack GZ. It's a shame he's dead but it was self inflicted.

07/15/13 3:08 am

Do you just say this stuff to sounds stupid? Because it works.

honest
07/16/13 7:00 am

Beach, after reading this whole thread you truly are misinformed and not very smart. Martin was bigger than GZ. SYG was not used in this case. Martin was in his back yard and doubled back after GZ. You can't use self defense if being followed.

thegovernor
07/14/13 5:01 pm

It's interesting to see that people living in states with a low black population keep pulling the race card and keep calling others ignorant. IE: California has 6.6% black population while the majority of the southeast is around 29.5% or higher

thegovernor
07/14/13 5:03 pm

The south is not what it was 50 years ago!

happywifey Maryland
07/14/13 5:13 pm

Yeah, just ask Paula Deen

thegovernor
07/14/13 5:26 pm

Point exactly. You chose to bring up an example of an event that happened decades ago.

scottstots Georgia
07/14/13 5:32 pm

I've lived in the south most of my life and I can tell you it's a bastion of racial progress and harmony.

07/14/13 5:50 pm

I've lived my whole life to this point in the south. That doesn't change the fact that if Martin was white, Zimmerman would be in jail right now.

thegovernor
07/14/13 6:02 pm

@Beachst, that makes no sense!

thegovernor
07/14/13 6:29 pm

I'm a human, what are you?

07/14/13 7:01 pm

Okay, you can deny whatever you want. Being ignorant doesn't resolve the problem.

07evurma Petoskey
07/14/13 7:23 pm

Beach do u know what ignorant means?

Captainbstring Biden is a Clown
07/15/13 1:26 am

I think beach means "rude" instead......

07/15/13 3:06 am

I know exactly what ignorant means.

theavgguy I.E.
07/14/13 3:48 pm

What is funny about all this is I think in less than 5 generations or so we all will be a shade of brown. You should not judge a person by the pigment of the skin, but the size of the heart.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/14/13 3:11 pm

With all the idiotic comments about minorities found below, I really shouldn't be surprised. I mean, this is the same country where black people couldn't even share the same lunch counters or bathrooms as whites not even 60 years ago.How embarrassing

07/14/13 4:07 pm

just really are that ignorant. I hope it's the first reason.

07/14/13 4:07 pm

Embarrassing, indeed. The people on this app have shown me more so than people I meet in person, that America is no where near where it should be. Maybe the anonymity just empowers people to say all the bs they wouldn't in real life. Or maybe people

07/14/13 4:08 pm

Weird, my comments flipped. Well I think you know which one comes first haha

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/14/13 4:56 pm

That's usually the case camigirl -- this is a forum for cowards to spout off in ways they only wish they could in person

poiuytrewq1
07/14/13 2:47 pm

That kid was dangerous. Short of someone intervening, that kid mention to do major harm.

ScrewU Gone
07/14/13 3:10 pm

He would have been jailed or killed within a few years, just like his peers. Why do you think his parents shipped him off to live with relatives? They probably couldn't stand him.

robert13
07/14/13 11:56 am

Everyone's saying he was an unarmed non violent kid. Lets not forget he was high on weed at the time of the incident, and he had been suspended from school a number of times. Fists and concrete are weapons too. Stand your ground!

07/14/13 12:18 pm

Yes. He was standing his ground. He was defending against someone that gave him reasonable suspicion to fear for his life. You can't defend against self defense and not be guilty.

scottstots Georgia
07/14/13 12:24 pm

Very strong also to be able to carry concealed concrete around. The NCA (National Concrete Association) has a powerful DC lobby and are resisting background checks. In FL, you don't even have to have a permit

scottstots Georgia
07/14/13 12:25 pm

And weed has been shown to make people especially violent as well.

ScrewU Gone
07/14/13 3:03 pm

The kid wanted to be a thug. He made that perfectly clear. He took offense at a slight (being followed) that most people would shrug off, cause he thought he was tough, and wound up bringing concrete to a gun fight. He should get a Darwin Award.

scottstots Georgia
07/14/13 5:38 pm

It's like the NRA says, the only way to stop a bad guy with concrete is a neighborhood watchman with a gun.

07/14/13 11:40 am

The blacks always wanna play the race card. Travon was a very dangerous minority, just like literally almost every minority in this country. We are all a little safer now with one less of those people walking around

07/14/13 12:01 pm

I can't tell if you're a troll or just an ignorant racist. And yes I mean racist, flat out.

07/14/13 12:13 pm

I am not racist at all! Why do you say that??

07/14/13 12:21 pm

That was COMPLETELY racist.

This app has opened my eyes to how many people think they're not racist....RIGHT after they say something racist.

07/14/13 12:25 pm

This proves my point... No one knows what REAL racism is. How dare you Drool point out a fact about a minority race! That is SOOOO racist! They can do no wrong because if you point it out, you're a racist!

07/14/13 12:27 pm

I'm sure that if Trayvon was white, Drool would have said the same thing. But Beach and Cami, ya'll refuse to acknowledge that fact....

07/14/13 12:29 pm

"One of those people" is so racist it's ridiculous. You're "minority" comment is based on race. You're basing character off of a color...which is racism.

07/14/13 12:30 pm

"The blacks always"....generalization about a race.
"Trayvon was a very dangerous minority, just like literally almost every other minority in this country"...huge, irrational, untrue, generalization. People in all races are dangerous. That's racist.

07/14/13 12:31 pm

And see DAu, that's where you fail to open your eyes as well. What Drool said was no where near fact. It was an assumption based on prolonged stereotypes.

07/14/13 12:47 pm

From the Bureau of Justice Statistics (www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus00.pdf page 2)

Blacks were 6 times more likely to be homicide victims and 7 times more likely than whites to commit homicides in 2000.
Eighty-six percent of white...

07/14/13 12:48 pm

murder victims were killed by whites, and 94% of black victims were killed by blacks."

So where is the racism here? It's all according to the BJS.

07/14/13 12:49 pm

If you want to talk about real problems in this country, black on black crime is by far the worst form of crime in this country... how about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson focus on that....

07/14/13 12:50 pm

@DAu if Travon were white then this story wouldn't have made national news. It's only because he was black, then the liberal media made it out to be like an innocent kid was killed.
Fact is, Travon was just another dangerous black guy

07/14/13 12:56 pm

Here's another one Beach for criminal defendants www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fdluc04.pdf page 2)
"Non-Hispanic blacks comprised more than half of the defendants charged with robbery (56%), a weapons offense (54%), or drug trafficking (51%).

07/14/13 1:08 pm

The racism comes in when Droopy said "always, literally every minority." There's a line between facts, and making assumptions about a whole group based on those facts.

scottstots Georgia
07/14/13 1:11 pm

Well done droolstain, well done.

07/14/13 1:16 pm

@drool, this isn't an all-white app you know. I don't think you should say something like that again.

07/14/13 1:18 pm

@dauf, the fact that you can't see that those stats ARENT racist and the comment IS is where the problem lies.

07/14/13 1:19 pm

Actually he said "Trayvon was... dangerious... just like literally almost every minority..." While his word choice may have been tactless, it wasn't racist. He never said anything that wasn't statistically true (as i posted above).

07/14/13 1:21 pm

I would have said it differently though. I would have said "Trayvon was dangerous just as most criminal statistics will point out that most crimes of this nature are committed by young black men."

07/14/13 1:26 pm

Lets be honest, Travon probably would have been killed in a couple years anyway. Zimmerman did the world a favor by removing Travon from this earth when he did. Zimmerman was only defending himself from a wild and dangerous black

07/14/13 1:34 pm

I don't even know what to say... Only someone typing this over the Internet would have the ignorance and balls to tell someone from a black family that the world is better with one less black. Fuck you, man. He was defending himself and got killed.

07/14/13 1:38 pm

Haha! Trayvon wasn't defending himself. You can't throw the first punch and claim you were defending yourself. As I said below, if I'm being followed by someone, I can't shoot them in self defense. Same thing goes for punching them and slamming....

07/14/13 1:39 pm

their head into the cement. I can only draw my weapon if the person following me actually threatens me. Otherwise it's murder and/or aggravated assault.

07/14/13 1:44 pm

Okay, dauf, next time you feel threatened enough to "put two in their chest," (yes, I'm quoting you), I want to know that they punched you or shot at you first (even though Florida stand your ground doesn't require that).

07/14/13 1:45 pm

I don't see how you don't see trayvon was justified in anything he might have done. He COULD have killed Zimmerman legally (I think he should have been charged w/ manslaughter if be did), but he was fully within his rights to use cement or whatever.

07/14/13 1:46 pm

@drool, you joined yesterday? @cami, what is it with these brand new people that come out and the post the first nasty thing they can think of. This is the 3rd I've seen.

07/14/13 1:47 pm

Just look at Travon's background. He was a known drug dealer, and has been suspended from school numerous times, and even punched his bus driver. He was a dangerous minority, and the world is better off with less of them out there

07/14/13 1:47 pm

Haha! You're right. The Florida SYG law doesn't require the aggressor to strike first.... if you're on your property. On public property it's different. Texas is very similar in that stance. If someone kicks in my door, I can put two in their chest..

07/14/13 1:49 pm

without hesitation. If I'm out running errands, I have to be able to show fear for my life. If a 6'6" 300lbs man is approaching me in a threatening manner and I am in fear for my life, I can draw my weapon and his reaction will tell me his intent...

07/14/13 1:50 pm

and the same can be said for a 5'6" 180lbs man. But when it comes to a man asking me a question like "Why are you in this neighborhood," I can't shoot him for that. Your warped liberal mind won't let you understand this law, so I'm going to stop...

07/14/13 1:50 pm

07/14/13 1:51 pm

wasting my time trying to explain it to you. You hate guns and love Trayvon and think he was the sweetest most innocent boy in the world. Fine. Hate me for being realistic. I really dont give a sh*t.

07/14/13 1:57 pm

@beach yes Travon was in his rights to defend himself with his hands and pavement or whatever....just like Zimmerman was in his rights to use a gun. I don't see how you can't see how Zimmerman is for sure NOT GUILTY

07/14/13 1:57 pm

Firstly, you'll just find any reason to be crude wont you? Secondly, fear for life is up to him. If he was in fear of losing his life, then he was fully within his rights. We have a private security company contracted by the city to patrol...

07/14/13 1:59 pm

...our neighborhood since a mass shooting 6 years ago. If I was stopped by one of those guys, I wouldn't fear for my life. But a crass, big, man in the rain at midnight stepping out of a dark truck is a thing that releases adrenaline.

07/14/13 2:05 pm

So if your head was being pounded into the pavement would you fear for your life? And if you had a gun on you while this was happening would you consider using it?

07/14/13 2:15 pm

Probably, but then I would be guilty of a crime, as he should be. Like I said to dauf last night. If I gave you reason to fear for your life, then you beat me up, and I killed you, wouldn't I be guilty?

07/14/13 2:19 pm

Beach, you are helpless. You're not making any point that makes sense except in your warped little head.... Besides the fact that he was being followed by a "creepy ass cracker" nothing insinuates that Thugvon was in fear for his life.

07/14/13 2:22 pm

Being beaten up is different than getting your head slammed against the pavement. Thats pretty much attempted murder. Travon had it coming. He was a very dangerous and violent minority, and the jury had all the evidence and made the right decision

07/14/13 2:29 pm

@drool, what is it with you and minorities? They were both minorities! Except one was a grown ass man following a kid for being black in a nice neighborhood and walking funny with a hood.

@drool, theyre defense. What happened to inn. till prov. gui

07/14/13 2:36 pm

Exactly...Innocent until proven guilty! Was there enough evidence to prove that Zimmerman WASN'T acting in self defense?
No, there was not. Thus he was found not guilty. The 6'2", thuggish, violent black attacked him, & he has the right 2 defend

Idahologger up north
07/14/13 3:00 pm

white people didn't scream racist when OJ killed 2 unarmed white people, and was proven not guilty

07/14/13 3:01 pm

"Thuggish, violent black."

I'm done.

ScrewU Gone
07/14/13 3:08 pm

So no one has a right to walk up the same sidewalk as Trayvon, or he can justify ably kill them? What a load of crap. If Trayvon has a brain that wasn't half baked from drug use he would have walked in his door and called the police, just like...

ScrewU Gone
07/14/13 3:09 pm

... Zimmerman did. That's how socialized people behave. Trayvon showed us he was a danger to everybody around him by attacking a guy who posed no threat to him.

07/14/13 4:02 pm

Beach, I know. The people on this app humor me. You literally generalized a whole group, based on facts that stem from a portion of that group. How do you not see that's racist? Putting the case aside, I would be fine if you stated the facts like

07/14/13 4:03 pm

from the sources you posted, it would be ignorant to ignore the fact that black crime is significantly higher. But the reason the comment is racist was because you said all people of minority, not just black, but "literally almost all the minorities"

07/14/13 4:06 pm

act in a dangerous way. So so blind, and ignorant, and like I said racist. Open your eyes and grow up, just because Drool has a perception of people does not mean it's fact.

07/14/13 4:37 pm

How is it blind? Look at the facts, all minorities are dangerous. I'm a minority myself. Zimmerman is a great man that did a great thing. Who knows how many lives he saved and robberies he prevented by taking care of Travon

07/14/13 5:48 pm

Do you hear yourself when you say this stuff?

07/14/13 5:59 pm

@beachst what do you mean? I think I'm making perfect sense. If something is unclear, please explain to me

07/14/13 6:03 pm

No, we're done.

07/14/13 6:08 pm

@Beachst I'm a minority and you are a minority, and we both can not deny that we are a danger to most people in society. Travon was probably way more dangerous than us tho. He was a violent dangerous black who attacked somebody and tried to kill

Captainbstring Biden is a Clown
07/15/13 1:30 am

Anybody up for a game of pinochle? It's a much better use of CARDS.

07/15/13 6:30 am

@camigirl
But just think of how many robberies & violence that was prevented now that Travon is no longer with us. He was a very dangerous black, with a history of violence & law-breaking. He was a black that fit into the stereotype of all blacks

07/15/13 9:57 am

Ohh okay let's just kill off all our troubled youth to save ourselves from robberies and violence in the future. You're an idiot.

07/15/13 10:13 am

@camigirl I'm not saying killing off our troubled youth is the answer. I'm just saying there are tremendous positives that came out of the Travon situation.

GOP
07/14/13 11:23 am

He is going to have a hard time finding work anywhere

theavgguy I.E.
07/14/13 11:40 am

The lawsuit he is going to will take care of all of that. Unless the Justice Department goes after him.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
07/14/13 10:35 am

Zimmerman will never get a job. who wants his dumb ass on their payroll? he's a hunted man, people will bother him, the ghoulish press won't leave him alone. he won't have a normal life. I'd be suprised if he has one

jmatsby
07/14/13 10:38 am

Wouldn't it be ironic if he had to turn to government aid. Then conservatives would hate him for being a moocher and just another reason racial minorities vote Democratic.

shygal47 Florida east coast
07/14/13 10:31 am

he's a coward with no strength of character so IMO he'd be an ineffectual officer.

07/14/13 12:03 pm

Exactly! Regardless of everything that happened, he doesn't have the characteristics needed for a job like police officer.

bkcrt California
07/14/13 10:27 am

Even if they were considering him before, he is too controversial to touch now.

piercew
07/14/13 10:07 am

Gamers are DEFINITELY not athletes

jmatsby
07/14/13 10:14 am

Nor is George Zimmerman.

patrioticparody Pale Blue Dot
07/14/13 9:58 am

Assuming there are no blemishes on his record we don't know of then yes. It would be unlawful for them to hold a case he was acquitted of against him.

capricola
07/14/13 9:08 am

Shooting someone I think he would fit right in. with how american police shoot first anyway.

ScrewU Gone
07/14/13 10:57 am

That's retarded.

borny33
07/14/13 7:46 pm

clearly you don't know police officers well...or at beat the wrong ones

rons screw politicians
07/14/13 7:48 am

He should get a job in Cali controlling the post trial riots.

scottstots Georgia
07/14/13 10:03 am

Yes, the post-Zimmerman trial riots in Cali are getting out of control

ScrewU Gone
07/14/13 10:58 am

Funny how the only violence is in Cali. Peaceful protest in Sanford. What's that say?

rachiepoo San Diego
07/14/13 7:37 am

I don't think ant dept will want that liability. Could you imagine an officer involved shooting with Zimmerman and a black teenager. Even if he is in the right, that dept would get crucified.

ScrewU Gone
07/14/13 7:39 am

Exactly. No dept is going to take the risk. There are lines a mile long for cop jobs in this Obamaconomy.

patrioticparody Pale Blue Dot
07/14/13 9:59 am

As I said, they wouldn't have the right to deny him in those grounds.

ScrewU Gone
07/14/13 11:00 am

They can deny him on any grounds they want, as long as it isn't his age, sexual orientation etc. he got turned down in Prince William County VA because of his bad credit.

patrioticparody Pale Blue Dot
07/14/13 11:08 am

You're absolutely right. I suppose the point I was scratching at was that if they do deny him on those grounds there is going to be another lawsuit. this time with the roles reversed.

spiritsprite Pa.
07/14/13 7:27 am

This may open the door for a legal/law career for him...he saw a lot of court room and prison drama. Perhaps he will strive to work/improve these systems.

rons screw politicians
07/14/13 6:57 am

His physical trainer said that on a scale of 1-10 for strength and agility George was a .5, that's POINT 5! Now that he's put on a hundred pounds he's ready to lead Seal Team 6. NOT!

DamageInc California
07/14/13 8:32 am

Unless the seal team you speak of are actual seals.

rons screw politicians
07/14/13 8:48 am

Show I warn him Shark week is coming?

studlies idaho
07/14/13 9:34 am

They have a seal team at Sea World, he could lead them

EnginE3r Texas
07/14/13 6:55 am

I don't think it's likely to happen.

kc10
07/14/13 8:15 am

He already had his shot in Florida, and someone died.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
07/14/13 9:17 am

This verdict reminds me of the OJ case & result...
Once again ... The Procescutors blew it!!!

patrioticparody Pale Blue Dot
07/14/13 10:02 am

As the law reads he was not in the wrong.

ScrewU Gone
07/14/13 11:01 am

I don't recall Nicole Brown Simpson attacking OJ...

patrioticparody Pale Blue Dot
07/14/13 11:10 am

wasn't talking about that case. was referring to the comment about the prosecution in this case.

ScrewU Gone
07/14/13 3:16 pm

I don't think the prosecutors had anything to work with. OJ wasn't given a pass by local police and them hunted down by a state prosecutor, who apparently lied to get an indictment. The OJ case was bungled, this one was not.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
07/14/13 3:30 pm

@ ScrewU... prosecutors didn't have the evidence to support the Higher charge.... They were prosecuting thru the News not evidence!
They Blew it!!!