sneuby July 13th, 2013 11:51pm

Is anti-semitism a serious problem in America today?

christine1986
07/14/13 4:57 am

I think anti-Semitic jokes are told more for shock value than from hate. I'm sure there are some people who are anti-Semitic but it's by no means a large problem in America. I've never met anyone who was, and I have met many racist people.

swjboucher Just Run
07/13/13 5:35 pm

I said no to a serious problem but it is an issue. Skinner made it quite clear that anti- Semitism is still alive.

DavesNotHere where am I
07/13/13 6:09 pm

Some of the comments in SOH shows me that anti semitism is alive & unwell in America.

susanr Colorado
07/13/13 6:32 pm

I haven't see any comments like that here - not saying there haven't been, just that I apparently missed them. (Recently? Remember what poll(s)?) Haven't heard anything much otherwise, either.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/13/13 7:27 pm

Someone did something very anti-semitic jokes maybe a week ago. A lot of things about Jews being burned and things like that.

susanr Colorado
07/13/13 10:51 pm

Well, that's very foul. I didn't see that. I imagine we'll always have bigots among us.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/13/13 10:55 pm

I only read two of them and they were disgusting. I think was probably some young male that did not have a lot of sensitivity. One of the other posters got very upset with him I didn't say anything that day but I did the next.

susanr Colorado
07/14/13 12:26 am

I would have reported the heck out of that guy, one for every vile comment.

DavesNotHere where am I
07/14/13 1:44 am

That's what I was referring yo. Hitler & holocaust jokes. And one of the guys kept responding to me saying I was the problem, etc. Not widespread here, but a few times too many.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/13/13 5:25 pm

I do think it is still around. Anti-Islam is a huge problem in our country. I did not find out about six years ago my mother's family is Jewish.