skinner July 12th, 2013 12:47pm

Stolen from Livefree83: what is your opinion on Israel?

Think Lovin Life
07/12/13 12:03 pm

How about you stop "stealing" other people's ideas and come up with some original thought?

pisomojado
07/12/13 1:02 pm

Lighten up.

07/12/13 2:43 pm

Calm down Think

07/12/13 2:44 pm

I think if someone develops a good question it is nice to share it with others.

07/12/13 3:46 pm

The person who developed the question has a different crowd than skinner does. I do it all the time, no biggie as long as you give credit.

07/12/13 11:16 am

Syrianbaby' question to you - do you want an Isreali State to exist in the Middle east? Yes or No!

07/12/13 3:37 pm

Not if they're going to push people out if their homes.

07/12/13 3:47 pm

Now you're probably going to call me a terrorist. Oh well, at least I tried.

07/13/13 3:14 pm

No! Your not a terrorist. You have a passion in your beliefs about the region. It would be nice if it was settled peacefully, but, alas, i don't think that will ever happen.

07/13/13 3:14 pm

07/12/13 11:11 am

Wow! It the movie " Dr. skinner and Mr. hyde"!

07/12/13 11:09 am

Syrian, its not only the taliban, get real. If you never heard of the problem with women in other arab counties then you really not informed. Don't let you bias control you!

07/12/13 1:06 pm

Shut the hell up rons, if anyone here is biased and uninformed it's you.

07/12/13 3:33 pm

I have heard of them, actually. It's either the Taliban, who are religious zealots that twist Islam to push their political agenda, al Quada, who are religious zealots that twist Islam to push their political agenda, or Saudi Arabia, who is run by...

07/12/13 3:36 pm

... religious zealots that twist Islam to push their political agenda. What exactly is your point? It's corrupt, yeah, but their time will come. Nobody is supporting them. Do you really think people being oppressed *by* the Taliban, for example...

07/12/13 7:30 pm

It's not just the terrorist groups its most Arab nations

07/12/13 9:32 pm

... Who are run by religious zealots that no one approves of. Huh, I thought I made that clear.

07/13/13 9:57 am

I don't know, you seem pretty mad and I know this is a pretty personal topic to you.

07/13/13 10:04 am

Ok, so how Is the fasting going? I fasted for 24 hours on Monday to try it if you didn't see my poll and I had a lot of people fasting with me and one person was physically unable so they donated 25$ to charity because of it :)

07/13/13 10:14 am

It's going great. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be at all. I'm still even doing gymnastics while fasting. Fasting is actually super good for you.

07/13/13 10:15 am

Yeah it was pretty cool. I made the poll with no intention of it turning into that and it just took off.

07/13/13 10:17 am

Well that's great, I'm glad. I played two basketball games on Monday while fasting and it was pretty rough not drinking water because I play a lot, but it wasnt bad. I'd be willing to do it again

07/13/13 10:20 am

Yeah, I drank tons of water before I started fasting that day so i don't get dehydrated. My coach also let me take it easy, but I really didn't need to. I just didn't run.

07/13/13 10:37 am

Yeah we was crushing the first team so we let the back ups play a lot, but the second game was close and I only came out once and it sucked pretty bad lol. Then I had to watch all my friends eat subway after the game. Haha

07/13/13 10:42 am

How did the whole thing go? Did you have a meal right before you started, or what?

07/13/13 11:14 am

Well I started at midnight on Sunday night and I eat a BUNCH of food right before I started and didn't eat or drink until Monday at midnight. I didn't follow it exactly the way you guys do, I just went 24 hours

07/13/13 11:22 am

So was it easier than you thought?

07/13/13 11:25 am

The eating part wasn't that hard, but it was very hard not to drink. Which part is harder for you?

07/13/13 12:06 pm

It's usually drinking. But after a few days, you get used to both and the hardest part is just craving certain foods lol

07/13/13 12:11 pm

Yeah for me it was that, and seeing and smelling the food and watching someone else eat it lol. So I was reading through some of the comments, you have family that lived in Palestine? I wish I had an interesting story like that, all I have is..

07/13/13 12:13 pm

Some Jewish roots, German, Irish and believe it or not way wayyy back I had some cherokee Indian ancestors lol

07/13/13 12:13 pm

But mostly just Jewish and German roots for the most part

07/13/13 12:14 pm

Yeah I know there's a box of Krispy Kreme sitting on the counter right now :(

07/13/13 12:16 pm

Yeah,my great grandpa was from Acre, Palestine. He came to Syria to study but never got to go back because Israel invaded.

07/13/13 12:17 pm

Fun fact: Napolean tried to conquer Acre, but couldn't. He would always tell that story and he was so proud :)

07/13/13 12:20 pm

Haha wow that's pretty cool, I'm sure he was proud. I honestly didn't even know I had Jewish roots until a short while ago and I don't have a cool story for you or anything really, but my pap did fight in WW2 from beginning to end

07/13/13 12:21 pm

Well I worded that wrong, he fought it when the Americans joined the war from beginning to end**

07/13/13 1:04 pm

Well I tried to send the one story but apparently it didn't send, my pap's friend who was with him for a long time through the war got shot right beside him and I guess my pap dragged him a good ways or something, but he ended up dying anyways

07/13/13 1:05 pm

He doesn't like talking about it and he isn't around to ask anymore so I'm not sure exactly how it happened

07/13/13 1:11 pm

He said the worst part was I guess that friend saved his life once from a grenade or something, but he said he felt bad he couldn't save his life back and felt guilty. That was like 5 years ago when he told me and he told it fast because it's not..

07/13/13 1:13 pm

One of his favorite subjects. He was an emotional guy though and it just hurt him to talk about so I never asked questions.

spicysteve M14D SBS
07/12/13 11:00 am

Israel is a good country with good people. Isreali-American relations, however, not so much. The Israelis are pretty much all take and no give,and hurt our image with other countries in the Mid-East.

07/13/13 10:23 am

Exactly where is Palestine! Can't find it on the map!

07/13/13 10:34 am

Are you posting the same thing on every thread? Pathetic.

07/12/13 10:31 am

Simple, isreal doesn't want to obliterate any arab nation. can the same be said for the latter?

07/12/13 10:32 am

No, they want to obliterate Palestine

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/12/13 10:36 am

Sure skinner after they give them back the West Bank and Gaza, and have offered to give up large percentages of land in the name of peace.

07/12/13 10:44 am

And more recently, they want to obliterate Syria. Please, they'll jump at any opportunity they get.

07/13/13 10:24 am

Exactly where is Palestine. Can't find it on the map!

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/12/13 9:52 am

If we stop our support of Israel the Arabs will make good on their promise to push the Israelis into the sea, no doubt. Besides, it's not like they're the only liberal democracy and a bastion of freedom in a otherwise barbaric and chaotic region.

07/12/13 9:54 am

Correct they are not the only liberal democracy and a bastion of freedom in a otherwise barbaric and chaotic reason, I couldn't have said it better myself.

07/12/13 10:01 am

Well to name one the Palestinian Authority

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/12/13 10:08 am

Not a good example, the PA refuses to crack down on terrorist within its borders and thus contributes to the chaos. Even more they've repeatedly arrested those who spoke out against them and As of 2006,

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/12/13 10:09 am

16 Palestinian journalists have been killed or wounded by PA security forces or armed groups. Doesn't sound so free to me...

07/12/13 10:16 am

"Terrorist" is a relative term.

07/12/13 10:29 am

I read and i
,m not biased like you Syrian.

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/12/13 10:30 am

Nice sources, I always like a little bias before my evening nap.
Article 1: the police were justified since the protestors were disrupting traffic, same thing we do here
Article 2: at the end it says the protestors were trying to force their way in.

07/12/13 10:32 am

Would you like to tell me why I am biased exactly, or is that all you can say?

07/12/13 10:34 am

And it is a relative term. To us, anyone who uses force and is not an ally of the US is labeled as a terrorist. You can't deny that. To the Palestinians children who witness Israeli soldiers threatening their family if they don't leave behind...

07/12/13 10:35 am

... Their home and property, to them, who is the terrorist? "Terrorist" is a very relative term, you have to be careful when you use it,

07/12/13 10:35 am

rons- Besides, you are probably one of the most biased people I have ever discussed with on SoH.

07/12/13 10:36 am

At least I provide links Right. If you don't like the news because some of its Arabic do some research yourself, stuff like that happens all the time.

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/12/13 10:39 am

@syrian baby: what about the 850,000 Jews who had their citizenships revoked, property confiscated, and were forced from their homes in the Middle East in 1948? Far more than the 500,000 Palestinian refugees who left.

07/12/13 10:41 am

What are you talking about?

07/12/13 9:29 am

Isreal is our only true ally in the middle east. When 911 happened there was joy in the streets in the Gaza and the rest of the arab world. One little country against millions, they're hatred runs deep. They're schools teach hate.

07/12/13 9:35 am

Joy, yes of course there was
Huge crowds attended candlelit vigils in Iran, and 60,000 spectators observed a minute's silence at Tehran football stadium.

07/12/13 9:35 am

The Sahrawi national liberation movement Polisario Front condemned the "criminal attacks against the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in the USA and, particularly, against defenceless innocent civilians".

07/12/13 10:02 am

Yes, they didn't mean it, that makes perfect sense, I just attended a moment of silence at the football stadium for fun, that's some logic there.

07/12/13 10:16 am

How the hell would you know, rons?

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/12/13 10:31 am

So they go from chanting death to Israel, death to America to holding candlelight vigils? I don't buy it..

07/12/13 10:37 am

We don't need you to buy it. We don't need to always prove to you that we're not terrorists.

07/12/13 11:09 am

Skinner- I would give that a thousand likes if I could.

07/12/13 9:16 am

People don't realize that what Israel does and is currently doing to the Palestinians is the same thing we did to the Native Americans who were here first. And to this day, we feel ashamed and look at it as a dark part of our history...

07/12/13 9:17 am

... And feel the need to make up for it by giving their descendants special right. Yet we support this very same action elsewhere.

07/12/13 9:19 am

Actually no it's not, because 1st archeologically speaking, the Jews or Hebrews date thousands of years back past the Palestinians, second when Israel was created, the Jews were granted passage in Israel, the Palestinians were given Jordan which is

07/12/13 9:20 am

Twice the size of Israel, next Israel said you can live in this country and be safe as long as you recognize that their is a country here, the Palestinians refused because they don't want a Jewish state, they protested so long that Jordan refused to

07/12/13 9:21 am

Wv: just because they owned that land 2000 years ago doesn't make them entitled to it

07/12/13 9:22 am

Allow them into their country and that is how they became homeless, and instead of integrating into society like normal or even just living on one side of the country they are attacking and killing innocent Israeli children, women, and men, and then

07/12/13 9:23 am

Cry to the media that they are oppressed, like I said above, Israel only builds new settlements when they are attacked, they are willing to live with the Palestinians and recognize their religious monuments but the Palestinians don't want to see

07/12/13 9:23 am

A Jewish state.

07/12/13 9:24 am

Skinner that's the argument that Palestinians are making for Jerusalem is that they had claim before the Hebrews which is completely false, and the Palestinians never had claim to begin with, Britain did.

07/12/13 9:24 am

It doesn't matter. The Palestinains did not kill anyone or steal anyone's land to get to where they were before Irael came. They were living there before what we know today as Israel forced them out of their homes.

07/12/13 9:25 am

Ha you honestly don't believe Israel kills Palestinians get real, they both aren't worthy of our help.

07/12/13 9:27 am

Yes they do. The Palestinians throw rocks and Israel retaliates with rockets. I'm not saying what the Palestinans are doing is necessarily right, I think they should wait until they are more powerful.

07/12/13 9:27 am

Okay WV tell me then who owned Palestine 1000 years ago today.

07/12/13 9:28 am

It wasnt their land to steal, and of course Israel kills Palestinians, they don't follow the crappy laws that America does that you don't shoot unless shot at that kills American soldiers, but Israel rightfully owns that land, they are willing to

07/12/13 9:29 am

Cooperate and Palestine won't

07/12/13 9:31 am

What Israel did is basically like someone showing up at your house and moving in, against your will. They say they will only take up a small part of your home. Pretty soon, they take over most of the house, and you and your family have to live...

07/12/13 9:32 am

They both have no legitimate intention of peace, they won't stop until one side eliminates the other. I just don't want that blood on US hands.

07/12/13 9:32 am

... In the basement. Eventually, they occupy that too and you and your family have to live in the bathroom. Now please tell me how you want them to cooperate with that.

07/12/13 9:33 am

Rons- Thanks for providing a legitimate response that can actually lead to discussion.

07/12/13 9:35 am

No it's like the Someone moved in next door, you don't like what they believe so you blow up there front door and kill their kid, so they force you out of your home to the house 1 house down so that your no longer a threat, skinner your young

07/12/13 9:36 am

You don't understand the details that have truly happened, your a bright kid but until you've actually seen what's going on and do the proper research to understand the facts arguing like this isn't going to solve anything.

07/12/13 9:37 am

I think Syrian actually has the most accurate view on this issue considering her heritage.

07/12/13 9:38 am

You honesty beleive they moved in "next door?" What kind of fantasy world are you living in? It's not my opinion that the Palestinains were forced out of their very own homes. These are facts. Go look it up, do you think im making this stuff up?

07/12/13 9:39 am

WV: so what your saying is every Palestinian man women and child is guilty of terrorism whether they did it or not and deserves to be punished accordingly.

07/12/13 9:40 am

My great Grandpa was Palestinan. He came to Syria to study, but was never able to go back because that was when Israel took over. I know dozens of Palestinians who were literally forced to leave their homes and property.

07/12/13 9:43 am

WV- about the claim you made that Palestinians "cry to the media." For God's sake, who does US media favor in every given situation? The worst is when they make it sound like the two peoples came across the land at the same time...

07/12/13 9:44 am

... Not like the Palestinians had been established there for years. I especially hate it when they make it sound like the Palestinians and Israelis are on a level playing field, not like the Palesitinians are literally armed with rocks.

07/12/13 9:52 am

You want the history fine, Israel was formed back when King David united the tribes, then they lived for a few hundred years before Rome came in and took there land, then when Rome fell you had the Byzantine's than room over, then the Turks, and

07/12/13 9:53 am

Finally you had the British who gave the land back to Israel, and the Palestinians who were allowed to stay by the British refused to accept that once again Israel was there, so Israel always owned the land but was taken from them, and I know that

07/12/13 9:55 am

You're skipping over something important there. Britain gave the land to the Jews and there were very few Jews present in the region that was dominated by Muslims. Then the Jews started coming and pushing the Muslims out.

07/12/13 9:56 am

That Palestinian don't all attack Israel but for the sake of security Israel can do irrational things like every society, they wanted to live in peace but were allowed because the Palestinians don't want to live in a Jewish state. I'm done taking

07/12/13 9:56 am

I always wonder why the regional arab put the Palestinians in camps rather then assimilating them in to their society.

07/12/13 9:57 am

Talking because my phone is dying and I can tell your not knowledgable enough in history, are too young to tell fact from fiction, and have never been to Israel, so goodbye.

07/12/13 9:58 am

Yes the Muslims were the majority because they took from Israel after Rome fell, so they stole it first and Britain was giving land back to who it belonged not who claimed it.

07/12/13 9:58 am

Yeah I suck at history I just got a 5 on my APUSH exam.

07/12/13 10:03 am

Yes and it was probably in American history, and by chance it was world history they had one chapter on the growth in Israel, but knowing what a book says that was published ten years ago and knowing and seeing what actually happens is different.

07/12/13 10:03 am

So should the native Americans be able to take your land, after all you stole it hundreds of years ago, your logic is hypocritical

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/12/13 10:11 am

@skinner: yes, muslims did have the majority, and that's why in the original UN accords they were given 96% of the land, only they said no, of course, because they didn't want a Jewish state.

07/12/13 10:14 am

I can't blame them, I wouldn't want to live in a theocracy either.

07/12/13 10:18 am

Woah! Good job skinner!

07/12/13 10:24 am

Why would a majority Arab/Muslim nation want a Jewish state?

07/12/13 10:28 am

What! The whole middle east is a theocracy! Women are demeaned, allowed to be beatened, genitial mutilated! Nice place for sure.

07/12/13 10:31 am

Rons, You're talking about the freaking Taliban. Nobody approves of them, much less the very people being oppressed by them.

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/12/13 10:35 am

They didn't want a majority Jewish state to exist, but they weren't living there, the majority of muslims were in the 96% land, which would probably be a Muslim theocracy just like the rest of the Middle East and unlike Israel.

07/12/13 10:39 am

Yeah, sorry, "probably" doesn't cut it. Nope.

07/12/13 10:39 am

Just look at how they were governing themselves before Israel invaded. No theocracy there.

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/12/13 10:41 am

Before Israel the region was owned by the British.

07/12/13 10:46 am

It's called Palestine. And the British had no right to gift Palestine to the Jews, like it was theirs in the first place.

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/12/13 11:01 am

1st the British named it Palestine, and it's people weren't even called Palestinians until much later. Second they owned it so they could do whatever the hell they wanted.

07/12/13 12:11 pm

It wasnt the British or the Palestinians, it was the Israelis they had it first, and it's not just the Taliban that is a theocracy the whole Middle East is, Israel is a republic which is why they hold elections

07/12/13 3:43 pm

It doesn't matter if the Israelis had it 2000 years ago. What matters is that the Palestinians were settled in that land. It was theirs at the time.

07/12/13 3:44 pm

If they weren't called Palestinians, what the hell were they called? My great grandfather lived in Palestine before Israel even existed. I'm pretty sure he was called a Palestinian.

07/12/13 7:33 pm

Palestine was named by Rome, sorry fun fact, what it means that all the way through history it was the Israeli land until they were completely driven out by the ottomans, and when they fell Britain reformed the area and called it Palestine just off

07/12/13 7:36 pm

What Rome named it, it was Israel before Palestine so they could be Israelis, or Canaanites, which Palestinians didn't trace to, but Palestine was a roman name, and a British territory not a country, the only reason the Palestinians were there was

07/12/13 7:40 pm

Because of the ottomans who took the land after the fall of the Byzantine empire, and that's when the greatest migration of the Jews went to Europe, so talk about driving them from there home, the Israelis were just given there land back

07/12/13 6:31 am

I think Israel needs to do more for us, I feel like they get all the benefits from our alliance.

07/12/13 7:07 am

They have invented much of our technology we have today, they train our special forces, they are our inside information in the Middle East, and they have improved thousands of weapons we have sent to them. What else do you want them to do bake a cake

07/12/13 7:10 am

And Israel has always been our close ally, when we need aid in the UN the only nations to support us are Israel and Britain why don't we complain about how little the other so called allies we have are doing, heck France got us into Vietnam

07/12/13 7:15 am

Well said. I don't trust france btw. They come off as shady to me

07/12/13 7:21 am

Exactly, and they attack everything we do in the media so called allies.

07/12/13 8:52 am

Israel ruins our relations with other nations, attacks us, and perpetrates War crimes; they are no friend of the US.

swjboucher Just Run
07/12/13 8:56 am

Nathan
I agree never trust the French

swjboucher Just Run
07/12/13 8:59 am

Skinner
You are totally off on this one.

07/12/13 9:01 am

I can't support a nation that perpetrates so many war crimes.

07/12/13 9:15 am

They are not committing war crimes, they are defending themselves from terrorist who are funded by every Arab nation around them, Benjamin Netanyahu builds a settlement for every terrorist attack on Israel, you stop attacking they stop building.

07/12/13 9:17 am

And if you don't support nations who follow the standard of the UN's standards, then you shouldn't support any of America's allies and for that matter, America. What Israel is going through is like if Massachusetts were to be constantly attacked by

07/12/13 9:17 am

By terrorist funded by New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire. They're defending themselves is all.

07/12/13 9:19 am

Im Sure the children they are evicting are responsible for those attacks. This is an illegal territorial acquisition, a UN committee has accused Israel of using Palestinian children as human shields, torturing them, putting them in solitary...

07/12/13 9:21 am

Confinement, and threatening them with sexual assault.
Defense and conquest are two different things.

07/12/13 9:26 am

Skinner have you ever been to Israel, when you go down the street, the Palestinian children throw fruit at you, and scream, they are taught to hate all infidels, and now the terrorist are using women and children as suicide targets, war is war, it

07/12/13 9:27 am

And Israel is always getting attacked by someone, it isn't conquest it's strategy, if they are attacked they build, as long as they attack they keep building, the solution would be to stop attacking!

swjboucher Just Run
07/12/13 9:28 am

Stop listening to anti Israel Propaganda.
Do some research on Israel since 1948.
And it is the Palestinians that use woman and kids as shields.
After reading up on it. If any doubt left go there for a couple weeks and see for yourself

07/12/13 9:29 am

Exactly, the American media always attacks Israel, you actually visit and your whole perspective changes.

07/12/13 9:30 am

The Palestinians see being forced from their homes as an attack, to which they respond with their terrorism, stop building they stop bombing.

swjboucher Just Run
07/12/13 9:36 am

Skinner
Someplace you learned or heard something and you filed it away as fact and locked the file shut. I can only ask you to look at it again with different sources.

07/12/13 9:39 am

Skinner you got it backwards it starts with Palestinians blowing up something, then Israel builds, and it all started with the six day war when Israel was attacked and they won, they then claimed more land, after they were attacked.

07/12/13 9:41 am

I recall during the 6 days war our great ally killed 34 Americans.

07/12/13 10:04 am

America should have completely aided Israel and drove them back to the tip of Africa.

07/12/13 10:05 am

And once again I got to go down to 4% left.

07/12/13 10:06 am

So when Israel kills Americans your reaction is that we deserved it for not helping them more!? That makes sense.

07/12/13 12:11 pm

We've killed thousands of British and French in World War II, it happens when you're at war.

07/12/13 12:39 pm

How did we kill the British and french in WW2?

07/12/13 7:58 pm

When we bombed German cities, a lot of times we accidentally killed French citizens, and when we air raided Germany we killed British soldiers by accident.