bonemedic July 12th, 2013 12:30pm

So I am at work and one of the senior police dispatchers just called me " that girl over there" would you have been offended?

fire4life Narnia
07/12/13 1:08 pm

I would've hollered back "my name is ____" (insert name)

XercesBlue ...
07/12/13 10:29 am

I wouldn't care at all, but I don't work in the same type of environment.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/12/13 8:24 am

Well, yes - I'm a guy.

bonemedic Texas
07/12/13 8:52 am

Haha I guess that I should have been a little more specific for my audience " that girl/guy " :)

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/12/13 9:49 am

Don't worry about it - if I don't make those comments, nobody will, so it's my calling! :-)

Sean Go Devils
07/12/13 7:21 am

Hmm was she busy dispatching? Multitasking? I'm pretty good with my officers and using their correct names but depending on a situation, I can see if she was busy but if not its kinda rude. If she was rude I hope you called her out

bonemedic Texas
07/12/13 7:29 am

Nah she wasn't busy, she was asking about breakfast. And yeah I did call her out~ I wasn't trying to be rude but seriously she could have addressed me in so many other ways.

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
07/12/13 6:25 am

I spent 13 years in law enforcement ... I've been called everything in the book, and then some...while I can certainly understand you being upset , personally I don't let names bother me...the person that calls you something bad has the problem...

bonemedic Texas
07/12/13 6:32 am

Eh I've been a medic for about 15 and most Of the time it's not an issue, I felt it more disrespectful than anything- I've been called lots of nasty things also, but this was a colleague not a turd~

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
07/12/13 7:26 am

Getting called something disrespectful by a colleague can certainly hurt, but unless it's a constant thing, a personally give them the benefit of the doubt..maybe they have a family issue that's upsetting..not defending their actions at all though..

bonemedic Texas
07/12/13 7:30 am

I hear ya, I don't normally work on this shift either- maybe just comes down to personality differences.

bonemedic Texas
07/12/13 5:32 am

I was a little tiffed, first of all I'm 33, not exactly a "girl" and second she could have addressed my by my name, Medic, or EMS would have all been fine. "That girl" really???

EarlyBird Portland
07/12/13 5:55 am

Funny, for some reason my immediate thought was it was a man. I voted to let roll off your shoulders. But now that I know it was a woman, I feel differently. In not sure why, but I would be a little miffed.

bonemedic Texas
07/12/13 6:03 am

Haha, you know I've worked for the company for 13 years and been in and out of the com center for at least the last 3 I think I deserve a little more than that. Or maybe my panties are just wadded today?? Who knows..