Izzynius December 26th, 2016 11:50pm

Have you ever gotten your delivered packages near the house front door stolen by thieves?

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
12/27/16 12:10 am

No, but I can't wait for the day when that happens. Takes a really special individual to not realize that most folks have home surveillance cameras (because they're surprisingly cheap these days).

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/26/16 9:51 pm

Nope, but one year a long time ago someone stole a box of gifts from our apartment's concierge office.

susanr Colorado
12/26/16 8:03 pm

No. But someone would have to come inside my apartment building and go either down (the last 5 years) or up (the 12 years before that) a half flight of steps to a landing to get to my door. I know the "porch pirates" are sometimes even more intrusive than that, but here they'd have to walk a ways from apartment entrances back to the parking lots, too, and there are likely to be people outside walking their dogs, all of which probably help keep the incidence down.

McMurphyJohnson say what now
12/29/16 5:29 pm

I love how you always give the most detailed, inclusive answers possible.

Maj Worth Economist
12/26/16 7:29 pm

While we've had people in the neighborhood report that their packages were stolen (via the NextDoor app), we haven't had it happen to us. I'm actually impressed it hasn't because last week we were gone for five days, and apparently, three boxes from my dad lived outside the front door on the front step all week long. So we were lucky.

jmw7477 Indiana
12/26/16 6:33 pm

I'm home most of the time. I have dogs that bark at everything. It'd be hard to steal anything from my porch.

Torfin Never Behind
12/26/16 6:20 pm

It is a fear..but fortunately, not one that has become reality for me. I also am studious about retrieving and watching for packages.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
12/26/16 6:18 pm

I've had a few packages that never showed up. Don't know if they were stolen or lost by the post office. I've also learned that the post office will sometimes code packages "delivered" when they haven't been.

paranoidandroid peace love science
12/26/16 5:48 pm

Yes, a couple of years ago I had a package stolen. It was a pain to get the company to re-ship me the items I'd purchased but they eventually did :)

cpaswr just say the letters
12/26/16 5:14 pm

I think one of my old neighbors stole my iPhone 5 a few years ago.

gluxford1 Arizona
12/26/16 4:52 pm

No, but my neighborhood website posted that someone was doing that to other people in my neighborhood.