Luftwaffe December 26th, 2016 10:23pm

A Journalist from the Foward: "There should be a war on Christmas. We should de-center Christianity as the “reason for the season” in a diverse America. American Jews have been doing that for a while." Do you think there should be a war on Christmas?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/27/16 1:12 pm

@GrandmaAlice since we talked about this earlier, and you said there is no war on Christmas, I'm interested on your take on this, especially the part about Jews. Thanks!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/27/16 1:14 pm

And so I'll know what we're talking about later, here is the question:

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
12/27/16 2:10 pm

I disagree with the author.and his "Chanukah bush." I certainly disagree with his premise that there "should be" a war on Christmas. He defines this as making Christmas more "inclusive." I don't need Christmas. I have my own holidays.

I do understand his points about Christmas in the shtetl and the history of anti-Semitism, but I don't follow the logic to his premise.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
12/26/16 10:11 pm

Oh god. Not the forward. They are more biased than al jazeera.

auntiesamm Orange County CA
12/26/16 9:58 pm

What if Christmas could only be celebrated by Christians who believe in Jesus' birth? Only they could have an official day off work. Others who want to "do away with Christmas" treat it as any other day, not a holiday and go to work or school as usual. Everybody is happy - nothing to complain about on either side.

TheHand If you need a hand
12/26/16 8:27 pm

The ridiculous part of this whole thing is that any attack on any cultural/religious expression is an attack on "Every" cultural/religious expression.

SugarShaq
12/26/16 8:23 pm

More tolerance for the tolerant left.

JudicialJedi321 This is How Liberty Dies
12/26/16 7:19 pm

Such blatant idiotic and cruel bigotry is why I will NEVER be a liberal SJW.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
12/26/16 6:37 pm

No, I don't really care. You do you. You can have your own reason for the season. I'll just be grouchy like I am every December. It's not the Christianity that makes me grouchy. It's the consumerism. Consumerism being the alternative reason for the season, please, take the Christmas and dump this garbage marketing game.

Malekithe My pronouns are GFY
12/26/16 8:32 pm

Hopefully it ruins every month for you

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
12/26/16 6:00 pm

People should be tolerant and let people celebrate their religious holidays. Christmas is a religious holiday. People like this guy are intolerant bigots.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
12/26/16 5:49 pm

No, each individual should celebrate or not celebrate Christmas for whatever reason they want and not bother people who pick a different reason than they do.

MrMilkdud
12/26/16 4:56 pm

People like that feel very safe writing things like that, because they know people like me won't burn their neighborhoods down.

markm72 Cornwall,PA
12/26/16 4:39 pm

If someone called for a "war" on Hanukah, or Ramadan, this idiot would probably be first in line to shout racist.

Malekithe My pronouns are GFY
12/26/16 3:54 pm

This article and it's writer are both ridiculous.

rons Thanks America
12/26/16 3:36 pm

Stupid asses what this? Bomb Mecca on Ramadan would be next? Kill the atheist on the winter solstice or Festivus? How dumb can they be.

gluxford1 Arizona
12/26/16 3:30 pm

This kind of cultural Marxism is a cancer on American society. It needs to end!

gluxford1 Arizona
12/26/16 3:32 pm

Christmas is an American cultural holiday and it must be protected at all costs. This is also further evidence that "being inclusive" is just leftist code for tearing down and getting rid of American traditions, customs, and culture. Luckily, this madness will end on January 20th.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
12/26/16 3:26 pm

Full quote:

"But there’s still a need to create a more inclusive December. Some might call that fighting a “war on Christmas.” Why not? There should be a “war on Christmas.” We should de-center Christianity as the “reason for the season” in a diverse America.

American Jews have been doing that for a while. Irving Berlin helped transform Christmas into a celebration of snow, not Jesus."