Pollcaster97 December 26th, 2016 12:30am

Do you think marijuana should be legalized in the United States? 🇺🇸

callen002 Cincinnati
12/27/16 12:27 am

Should remove unconstitutional federal laws and allow states to decide

lj74
12/26/16 1:00 pm

Only for medicinal purposes

googer11 Minnesota
12/26/16 6:25 am

Definitely decriminalized. Legalized? The poor pot smokers will end up paying big bucks for it.

phalnx Ohio
12/25/16 10:17 pm

No reason why it shouldn't be.

chinito Florida
12/26/16 7:12 am

This shouldn't even be an issue. Why are people so stupid to want to do drugs in the first place? And while I am teaching my kids that drugs are bad, there are a bunch of people crying for the legalization of marijuana.

Nothing good comes out of pot. It makes people stupid, it makes the world a more dangerous place and as we legalize it people start turning to other drugs. For some reason some believe that they have to do illegal things.

singkitty In the cloud
12/26/16 8:34 am

I'm not stupid. I'm college educated. I read a lot. I have a career. I don't do other drugs. I've never witnessed violent behavior from anyone on just marijuana. I've formed strong meaningful relationships with others who use it recreationally. I started doing "stoga" (stoned yoga) in college, which led to a love of exercise. It's helped ease social anxiety and works better for cramps than any over the counter drug. I "get" that it's not for everyone, but none of the points you make hold validity. Sounds like you've seen Reefer Madness a few too many times.

chinito Florida
12/26/16 8:54 am

I have a cousin that was confined to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair because of marijuana.
I have friends that said "pot is not bad", ""alcohol and tobacco are more dangerous than pot" and all if those lines, and then they started doing other drugs and destroyed their lives. In talking losing all their money, divorce, kids not wanted to know anything about them and even a guy that died from an OD.

If you have social anxiety why you don't use legal drugs? There are many medicines that will help you with that. My brother struggles with that. Do you still have anxiety when you are not under the influence?

And finally, is Reefer Madness a movie? Do you recommend it? Never heard of it.

singkitty In the cloud
12/26/16 9:40 am

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'm extremely curious how exactly marijuana caused this. Your comment is pretty vague. I firmly believe marijuana is better for me than the prescribed pharmaceuticals. I've been prescribed xanax and lexapro in the past and found those to be pretty awful. Xanax made me feel drugged out. It's a powerful sedative and made everything sorta of dulled down. The lexapro had me vomiting for a month. After I got "used" to it I started getting the shakes from it. I don't have any of these side effects from the organic marijuana I consume. Furthermore if you're so concerned with gateway drugs you should look at the legal pharmaceuticals. A lot of heroin users start on opioid based pain medications first. I have a cousin on heroin now because she was prescribed an opioid from her doctor for pain. She didn't use drugs prior to this.

singkitty In the cloud
12/26/16 9:46 am

Oh and Reefer Madness is a movie. It's a cult classic that was originally made by a church group as a PSA against pot. It's a completely ridiculous fear based melodrama that is often referred to being one of the worst movies ever made.

chinito Florida
12/26/16 10:30 am

I believe you are talking about my cousin. He was with his friend getting high. They started doing stupid stuff. Next thing you know, he jumped head first to a very shallow pool. He almost died. He was unconscious underwater for who knows how long until someone saw him. The stupid potheads then decided to take him to his home instead of calling and ambulance. Since that night, he is paralyzed from the waist down.

chinito Florida
12/26/16 10:30 am

I will trust your review and won't see that movie.

singkitty In the cloud
12/26/16 11:15 am

Your cousin is in a wheelchair because he jumped into a shallow pool head first. You are assuming it was the marijuana alone that made him do this, which is ludicrous and unproven. I'm willing to bet it had a lot more to do with peer pressure and general stupidity than pot.

chinito Florida
12/26/16 11:20 am

Nobody would dare him to do that. At least not while sober. And he should've known better, but he was high

Haven't you done something stupid while being high?

singkitty In the cloud
12/26/16 5:48 pm

I've never done anything remotely life altering stupid while high. I've never injured myself from it.