gluxford1 December 25th, 2016 1:07am

With the victory of Trump, Brexit, and the Italian referendum, along with the rise of Marine Le Pen, is it fair to say we are witnessing a full-scale rebellion against neoliberalism, globalism, and multiculturalism in the west?

Senate101 San Diego
12/26/16 12:09 pm

Yes, and I have mixed feelings.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/24/16 10:29 pm

Hey glux, for your amusement: Angela Merkel should have listened to... Angela Merkel.
I'm not kidding.
The internet has a good memory and so do I.
I distinctly recall Merkel admitting that multiculturalism has FAILED in Germany only six years back and here's proof:

www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11559451

gluxford1 Arizona
12/24/16 10:33 pm

That's hilarious!

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/24/16 11:32 pm

It's one thing to make a mistake, we all sometimes do, but she went against her own better judgment!
Still, I think Germany is not lost.
They have a general election TBD next year.
The AfD might rake in up to 20% I predict, which would send a clear message.
My sister confirms that the German people is fed up with foreigners given a home, protection, government handouts and a job behave like a horde of mongols, raping and robbing their way through Cologne and Munich.
Return to sender I say. Back to Syria.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/24/16 9:49 pm

One more thing about Germany: it's high time to get off the guilt trip about things that happened a lifetime ago.
Nobody under 75 remembers the war and nobody under 90 could have played a part in war crimes.
There is no need to play savior for a country that doesn't share Germany's culture.
What goes down in Syria is of no concern to Germany.
I know they have a low birthrate and want to attract a young workforce but the Syrians are not readily integrated like Italian guest workers are.
There's also the danger of importing disguised ISIS fighters which hurts all of Europe.

phalnx Ohio
12/24/16 8:45 pm

Yup. I thought this would happen 20 years ago. Better late than never. Maybe now my fellow libs will get off their PC high horses and focus on what's really important...the economy.

gluxford1 Arizona
12/24/16 6:25 pm

Look at all the leftists in denial! It's hilarious!

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/24/16 7:18 pm

They hope it's a fad but denial doesn't make it go away😏

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
12/24/16 6:22 pm

Hopefully we can defeat globalism, I don't care if you are left or right wing because we must both unite to defeat it!

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/24/16 6:16 pm

Looks like it.
Add the growing popularity of the AfD (alternative for Germany) party which is similar to the Front National.

gluxford1 Arizona
12/24/16 6:21 pm

Let's hope they defeat Merkel! Germany needs to save its culture! 🇩🇪

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/24/16 6:28 pm

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_for_Germany

I'm quite confident they will pass the 5% hurdle in the general elections.
Then either Merkel has to choose them as junior partner or form a coalition with the social democrats which is bad.

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
12/24/16 7:36 pm

Merkel will probably let refugees vote.

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/24/16 9:00 pm

Fuck Merkel. Can you believe she is the RIGHT wing? She's finally making a burqa ban after allowing a MILLION refugees into her country. Which has made Munich a rape capital of the world. She is destroying Germany, the refugees their hate Christianity and the west. What was she thinking? She couldn't care less about her people

gluxford1 Arizona
12/24/16 6:12 pm

I think that is exactly what we are seeing, and thank God for that! This is just the beginning of a movement towards nationalism, assimilation, populism, and an overall cultural and political shift towards the right that is occurring all across the western world, including in the United States. This is truly a magnificent time to be alive!

DiQuellaPira
12/24/16 6:11 pm

Hopefully, Merkel goes down the toilet with the the rest of the trash

gluxford1 Arizona
12/24/16 6:13 pm

Let's pray that she loses! Merkel must be defeated!

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/24/16 8:31 pm

Sadly, I see no scenario where Merkel loses WITHOUT the power being transferred to the social democrats whose policy resembles that of Sanders.
I stick reluctantly to realpolitik where Merkel goes with the AfD and has to renege on her welcome policy to avoid being blocked.
It's still better than the veiled socialists who will continue to invite half of Syria into the country. They'd never take the alt-right AfD.