HappyLez December 23rd, 2016 11:54am

I just listened to 10 year old Kaylee Rogers sing Hallelujah on YouTube. Just amazing! She is autistic and I have to say growing up, Autism was not as common as it is today. Do you know anyone autistic?

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/23/16 7:16 pm

My sweet little grandson. He's on my Facebook picture with me.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/23/16 7:17 pm

It dawned on me the other day, that I was in special ed classes most of school. I don't think they knew about dyslexia back then.

Korosensei Maine
12/23/16 4:59 pm

Two of the members of my colleges game club are autistic and both are great guys

DonWichita Kansas
12/23/16 12:57 pm

Hallelujah has a very pretty music sound, but have you listened to the lyrics?
They are very dark and not inspiring as the music would imply.
Love the sound, hate the lyrics.

DonWichita Kansas
12/23/16 1:01 pm

God bless our Autistic children and community.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
12/23/16 1:39 pm

Ok.... The point is the Amazing child that is singing this song

DonWichita Kansas
12/23/16 1:54 pm

Kaylee did a wonderful job.
I am so glad the school changed the lyrics from the original version to turn it into a wonderful Christmas song.
Dear HappyLes, I wish you a Merry Christmas.
Don

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/23/16 10:47 am

Btw, the whole choir is special needs. It's Killard House School and they cater to the special needs (mostly autism and ADHD) community.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/23/16 10:41 am

Oh yeah. I have HFA. My sister Manya has HFA. My nephew Felix and my nieces Baialyn and Klara have HFA. My brother Artyom on severe and multi disabled (autism, Tourette's syndrome, PANDAS intellectual disability) and my brothers Edik and Erik (are twins) they have it but Edik is a little more severe.
It runs in my family. It's like we all ate lead paint. Lol.
Manya is an adult but Artyom, Edik, Erik and I are in special education classes for autism. In Russia, Baialyn is in a regular class but Klara is in a school that is part of an outpatient mental institution. Artyom was at that same school. Felix is not old enough to be in school yet.
Autism was one of the reasons we chose the US over Israel when leaving Russia. We thought there would be more opportunity for education here. It's like night and day. So much better resources in the US.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
12/23/16 12:33 pm

Is Kiara out of the mental institution? Is all of your family here? Your mother must have the patience of a saint! ❤

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
12/23/16 12:48 pm

Wow... A heavy cross
But you're very intelligent about your situation and have made good decisions for being in a better place
I will keep you & your family in my heart and thoughts especially during this holiday season

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/23/16 7:19 pm

Were you guys by any of the radio active places in Russia?

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/23/16 8:24 pm

No. I was born in Birobidzhan, in the Yevry. I grew up in St Petersburg. Chernobyl is in Ukraine. I didn't have to worry about that. We studied it in school. So many people affected. So many people died trying to clean it up. It will never be cleaned up. Never.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/23/16 8:25 pm

@Cookie, Klara just goes to a day school at the mental institution. She does not live there. Artyom did the same thing.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
12/23/16 8:28 pm

They are all here now though or still in Russia?

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/23/16 8:37 pm

Krystina Ivan, Felix and Shelovlevaya are still in Russia. They must stay for Ivan's job. I don't like her so that's fine. I hope she stays there. She's just psychotic or something. I don't know. She has a Ph.D in melodrama. LOL

Manya, Konstintine, Baialyn, Klara, Igor, Raya and Leilik are still there for now. Konstintine has stage 4 colon cancer and is not allowed to leave. When he passes, the others will come. It's a sad situation for all of them. I really like him. He just had a pump of some kind put in but the port area got infected. So, on Monday he got the ok the infection was gone and medicine can start being run through it. It will buy him more time, hopefully. He was working full time but went down to part time and I'm not sure since this port went in.

He's a very very nice guy.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
12/23/16 9:31 pm

These are your sister's kids and the man dying is her husband. Correct?

Iamamerican California
12/23/16 9:45 am

I have a friend with an autistic daughter. She loves to give me hugs. So sweet.

imanag My heaven on Earth
12/23/16 7:59 am

Wow! As a special education teacher, I've been blessed to know many autistic children. I also have a niece and nephew on the spectrum. My oldest son's best friend is autistic, too.

brentwho Home
12/23/16 7:59 am

My oldest nephew is on the spectrum

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
12/23/16 7:01 am

I have high functioning autism

MrsCrayonWax
12/23/16 6:43 am

I do but I don't remember anyone having a diagnosis as a kid. I grew up in the 80s.

lj74
12/23/16 5:47 am

Great video!

metalhed21 nh
12/23/16 5:32 am

My son is autistic

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
12/23/16 5:00 am

I know certain users have Autism on this app, but I've never been close friends with someone who's autistic.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
12/23/16 5:02 am

If you have a chance, listen to my link... Kaylee will give you goosebumps...

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
12/23/16 4:56 am

Easily I know a dozen people with autistic children or grandchildren.