commonsense America isnt racist
12/25/16 10:12 am

Yes. The largest religions are all pro-man, anti-woman. This is due to their books being written in he Bronze Age. Notice how all the prophets are men, Jesus had 12 male deciples, Jesus/Mohammed were both men....etc.

Senate101 San Diego
12/23/16 6:05 pm

Just like all religions, it adapts over time. If there were fundamentalist Christmas or Jews in charge of countries, we would see much of the same.

BlackC
12/22/16 6:32 pm

Islam itself not necessarily but men use it to control their women . I could be wrong on this one but I don't think the Koran mandates a head scarf for example but over the centuries men made it up and use it to control women . Like why in Saudi Arabia women can't drive cars - is that in the Koran too?
Will a Muslim please set me straight thanks

missmorganmarie ...
12/22/16 8:26 pm

@DoctorWasdarb

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
12/22/16 9:05 pm

What was the poll question? I'm on my iPad.

Islam is not [misogynistic, presumably]. The Quran has been reinterpreted by men to suit their patriarchal causes. The Quran does not mandate a head scarf. The only religious explanation for the mandatory head scarves is from Muhammad's teachings to specific people in Arab culture, but he also covered his head, so I don't understand the whole "Islam is sexist" argument in this realm. But no, it wasn't made up by men to oppress women, just reinterpreted. (While I don't believe hijab is obligatory, I think there is a strong feminist case for wearing hijab: www.huffingtonpost.com/gabby-aossey/muslims-are-the-true-feminists_b_9877692.html ).

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
12/22/16 9:08 pm

Women can't drive in Saudi Arabia, correct. The Islamic justification for this comes from a time during early Islamic history. Basically, the ruling tribe in Mecca the Quraysh had always hated the Muslims because they saw the abolition of tribal barriers and religious unity as a threat to their power. Consequently they had been going after Muslims in the desert, in merchant caravans or even into battle. Regarding women driving, there was rule made for this temporary period of time when it was particularly dangerous for women to go out. It was a precautionary rule, because it was necessary. It was never meant to be a prescription for how Islamic society should be run.

BlackC
12/22/16 10:36 pm

Thanks much for facts . Well said

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
12/22/16 10:43 pm

No problem, what was the original poll question, and by whom?