TopsQueen December 21st, 2016 3:59pm

I purchased marked down item. The clerk told me the box was damaged. It was obvious when I opened it that it had been used and returned with parts missing. I was told that was the same thing as damaged box. Do you agree or disagree he with the clerk?

kywrite augusta, ga
12/22/16 12:26 am

Not in any way the same. I would raise hell and make sure other customers heard about their lousy exchange/refund policy and crappy merchandise.

musiman28 Cotton country
12/21/16 9:27 pm

In my mind damaged box means there is no telling what might (or might not) be in it. It also means that whats inside could be damaged or missing parts.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
12/21/16 5:45 pm

They're not the same. If it were me, I wouldn't have put a returned item back out on the sales floor without checking to make sure it was in decent sellable shape, and if a damaged item was somehow sold, I'd give the customer a full refund. These are the types of things that earn a store a good or bad reputation.

lovesquirt Hawkeyes
12/21/16 3:38 pm

The manager is a dirty liar. Do a Yelp review and call him out

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/21/16 9:38 pm

She is a long standing acquaintance friend. In a fabrics store things get very stressful at this time close to Christmas and Hanukkah.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
12/22/16 1:09 am

Especially since she's an acquaintance/friend she should have treated you right.
What she said was an out & out lie and she took advantage of your friendship
She's no friend Tops... :(
I would return it and discontinue the friendship

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/22/16 9:42 pm

I returned it today it might be a Joannes policy to call it a damaged box.. thought maybe parts are missing because someone stole them. No idea it had been a used and returned item so probably someone lied when they took it back. The little fashion book had been colored in

Zod Above Pugetropolis
12/21/16 1:36 pm

Damaged box is not the same as damaged contents. Used and returned in damaged condition with parts missing is not the same as "open box", although it is a given that "open box" means parts could be (and probably are) missing.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/21/16 9:38 pm

Is only told the box was damage I'm taking it back tomorrow as soon as UPS picks up her return from Amazon

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
12/21/16 1:20 pm

Shouldn't be too hard to return.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/21/16 9:02 am

It was a little design your own fashion kit. The measuring tape some decorations and some sewing utensils were missing. I do not think that's the same thing as a damaged 📦 box. The manager said it was the same thing. I'm returning it.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
12/21/16 9:20 am

You should definitely insist on getting your money back!

Of course, a damaged box is not the same thing as missing items!!! 😡

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/21/16 10:05 am

That's what I tried to tell her it should've been labeled return parts missing. I got it at Joannes and they have 50 and 60% coupons quite read frequently I might get her another kit. She has a very strong sense of fashion and does what she likes not the trends. And I have been teaching her how to sew.

kywrite augusta, ga
12/22/16 12:27 am

It should never have been put back on sales floor. They know better.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/22/16 1:01 am

I almost got a kit just like that for our granddaughter, whom I'm teaching to sew, TopsQueen! I finally opted for her own sewing organizational box filled w/sewing supplies, a counted cross stitch kit & an embroidery hoop. I'll get t/design kit for her next yr.

I'd definitely demand my money back for that. U could throw out t/words "false advertisement"--that t/box says there r things included which r not. Those words have worked for me when I don't get what it says I'm going to get.

I used that this yr & got satisfaction on a toy kitchen replacement set. T/pic online showed 2x as many things as we got, but with no price tag. We thought when we ordered it we were getting all t/items shown, but they claimed when I called that those were 2 diff sets. I threw out false advertisement, & that they needed to show them as 2 diff sets, w/t/prices for each! I told them I had found what I had actually wanted t/most at another store for much less. They sent me all t/extra pieces at no cost!