TheHand December 20th, 2016 11:47pm

Bernie Sanders is a strong critic against President Trumps billionaire cabinet choices. Isn't it better to have people who are well versed in high finance to negotiate on behalf of the American people? ALL Bernie can see is taking on the top 2%.

brentwho Home
12/20/16 10:40 pm

There are several more aspects to life than Wall Street
The others should be represented strongly as well
Having Wall Street run the government is a problem, not a solution.

12/20/16 10:44 pm

Wall Street is not running the government.

brentwho Home
12/20/16 10:55 pm

Not yet, but they will be shortly.

But the other question is where are the experts in all the other aspects of life.

Thus far, Trump only has wall street big wigs and people that made large contributions to his campaign

Obama's energy secretary has been a scientist, and he's about to be replaced by C- student Rick Perry

My personal theory is that if Trump surrounded himself with legitimately smart people from a diverse group of topics, he's afraid they'd expose him for the fraud he is.

12/21/16 11:34 am

You are wrong in your assessment. Wall Street will not be running the country.
You haven't done any research on Rick Perry and that is why you made that shortsighted comment. Sure he had some gaffes but as the longest running governor he's had lots of experience, all that you prefer to remain ignorant of so as to justify your jaundiced view.
Being a scientist is not a predictor of a good energy Secretary and was picked by Obama because he sided with his views. Views that are not only controversial but divisive within the scientific community. In fact what has he done in 8 years as energy secretary, enact regulations? Wow!
Obama's overall agenda was/is to destroy the foundations of this country, bring down the rich and redistribute the wealth via, economically crippling regulations and criminal use of executive privilege. Obama should be arrested, go to trial and share a cell with Hillary and Bill.
He was, is and always will be an Obamination!

brentwho Home
12/21/16 11:38 am

I've yet to hear Rick Perry speak intelligently on any topic, perhaps you could provide a link where he does

As to the rest, you come off as a raving lunatic

mfjd1948 rural johnson co iowa
12/20/16 6:05 pm

The cabinet needs to have diverse views to better help the president. Having a bunch of yes men will not be productive.

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
12/20/16 6:26 pm

These aren't yes men. They got to where they are by challenging conventional wisdom.

12/20/16 6:26 pm

I doubt very much these billionaires are going to be yes men. I'm sure Trump will be looking forward to their advice.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
12/20/16 7:34 pm

Trump's picks are anything but "yes" men and women. It's to his credit that he's not afraid of being overshadowed by some of his strong, high profile, and successful cabinet picks.

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
12/20/16 5:51 pm

Bernie has zero credibility after supporting Clinton. NONE!

asia
12/20/16 5:45 pm

Billionaire doesn't necessarily mean that they will know how to govern.

12/20/16 5:58 pm

@asia
The real question is this, do you want another 8 years of people who didn't know how to govern?
The sooner Bernie/Clinton losers accept and stand behind our new President the sooner things will improve. Other than that they will only serve as insidious parasites offering portents of doom and gloom.

asia
12/21/16 6:14 am

Scruff...unfortunately that's what the republicans did and worse to Obama. I do not agree with what Trump says or has said and certainly not with who he is appointing to various positions. That's my right.

asia
12/21/16 6:16 am

I assume you are talking about the republican chaff in congress who don't know how to govern?

GodBeforeAll Great State of Texas
12/20/16 5:28 pm

The way I look at it is, no matter what, at least it's better than having Obama or Clinton. Plus, he's just putting in people who know how to lead. What's wrong with putting successful people into Cabinet positions? Would you rather have unsuccessful people?

RagingMystic covfefe
12/20/16 5:04 pm

Wow its almost like having CEOs and Goldman Sachs execs on your cabinet isn't how to get wealthy interests out of the government

12/20/16 5:32 pm

@RM
Your comment once again exposes your inaptitude.
Let's start with Trump's mantra "Make America Great Again" Okay got that part?
Good, now can you figure out the rest?
No? I had my doubts.
Okay, it's the Bernie mantra that you are blathering about! Remember?
No? I didn't think you would.
Take on the wealthy? Take on Wall Street?
Does that sound like Trump?
No? Good you are starting to see how ridiculous your comment is.
Now stop being a raging misfit and think before you post nonsensical comments.

RagingMystic covfefe
12/20/16 5:35 pm

"Drain the swamp"

12/20/16 5:50 pm

Your still way off. Drain the swamp? Yes! Drain it of inept politicians who have made bad deals and have led this country down the path to sludge bucket economics.

Why don't you avoid subject matter you don't really have an understanding of.
Your responses are just knee jerk anti-Trump drivel.

The last eight years have been an abysmal failure of an abominable administration run by a dolt president lacking backbone. That why he catered to the gay community - it was just "really easy".

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
12/20/16 5:00 pm

I can't help but notice that Bernie's supporters were young, immature, lacking discipline, motivation, a work ethic or experience. Why should I expect him to be any better than his followers. Doesn't his State have any more relevant person to be a Senator?

EarlyBird Portland
12/20/16 7:11 pm

That's right, Harry. You nailed it!

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
12/20/16 9:09 pm

Thank you both. I appreciate it coming from you.

saskiaelisabeth
12/20/16 11:23 pm

@Harry they were young. The rest you just made up because you don't like the fact that they disagree with you.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
12/21/16 1:30 am

Betty, do you call people liars when you run out of ideas? Give me a break, free speech zones, safe spaces, prevention of opposing ideas or speakers, too emotionally crushed to study or take exams and finally demanding freebies like college, etc. I have been observing. What the Heck are you doing? Nothing is of value, unless it is actually earned!

saskiaelisabeth
12/21/16 12:22 pm

Bob, you're clueless.
I have never once in my life demanded safe spaces. I think they're ridiculous. I wouldn't be on this app if I didn't welcome opposing ideas. And I literally had a midterm the day after the election and a paper due that Friday. Finals came the first week of December. Fucking not just me but everyone showed up and I'm at a liberal college. My professor posts the grade distributions and the same number of kids showed up for the first midterm in October and the 2nd midterm and final following the election.
You like to pick and choose traits that fit your narrative and make you happy. What you're describing are SJW and the vast majority supported Hillary outright, not Bernie.

12/21/16 7:23 pm

Bob? Betty? You two know each other?

12/21/16 7:35 pm

So you actually know this Snobby Bourgeois Princess who thinks her crap smells nice because her parents make a lot of money?
The Snotty little liberal wench who has the audacity to claim that her parents make more than me?
I don't make money anymore, I'm retired and just ease back in my recliner and watch the sunrise.
What a jerky biiitch!

saskiaelisabeth
12/21/16 8:07 pm

Snobby? I don't think I'm better than anyone, you seem to be the one who thinks that calling me names and calling me mentally ill because I don't agree with you.

I don't know him, he addressed me as Betty once and I had no idea why so I called him Bob in response.

I'm glad you're retired, enjoy my part of my paycheck in your social security, hopefully it'll still exist for me one day. One of my parents is retired and the other could retire but still works because they enjoy their job. They're self-employed. I really don't care how much you make or made or what you're doing now, I only brought that up because you like to claim liberals are all just people who like to depend on others and can afford to be liberal because they depend on others. No. They are people who care about others, everyone, even you, and despite how hateful you are only want to see everyone succeed or have an available road to success if they choose to take it.

12/21/16 8:37 pm

I didn't call you mentally ill that was malekithe, remember? I also never implied, inferred or commented "to you" that liberals were "People who like to depend on others", perhaps there is a portion of liberals who fit that description I'm sure but it would not be my style to label or stereotype as it would be logically unsound for a logician.
With exception there are across the board traits of people which are stereotypical but those would have to be categorically identified and itemized - time consuming.
But I'll tell you what, meet me in the barn and we'll roll around in the hay for awhile and make nice.

saskiaelisabeth
12/21/16 8:46 pm

"Now go off with nurse krachet and take your meds."

"Your brain is definitely burned out and now you are suffering from paranoid delusions.
See a shrink pronto!!"

"It's fine when your young to be liberal because you are not too many years away from mommy and daddy footing the bill, but when you get older and you still are a liberal it's really dumb."

You're own quotes. Take them how you may but consider if you aim was not call me mentally ill or insinuate that liberals are liberals because they can depend on others then you didn't quite hit the bullseye.

saskiaelisabeth
12/21/16 8:47 pm

...the you didn't quite hit the bullseye.

12/21/16 9:03 pm

Oh yeah, way back when. Very good you did your research! Have your paper on my desk by morning and I will grade it accordingly.
Meet me after class and we'll discuss your passing grade in absentia.
You must be crazy to want to go on and on with this. I know you love me but your too young. Why don't you take your meds, you do take meds right? Are you lonely? Have you ever made it with a big Chimpanzee?
Look, you are liberal and I'm not, so the chances of us getting along are slim to none. So why don't we just agree to disagree and move on sweet thing.
I'm going to watch the news and hit the hay, sleep away the day and drop in to visit.
Now go argue with other conservatives.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
12/22/16 1:24 am

Folks, reluctant as I am to get in the middle of what is beginning to look like a lovers' quarrel, I just wanted to mention that "Betty" is a respectful, if less formal, version of "Elizabeth", and easier to use than "saskiaelizabeth". It's the same logic as when I say "scruff" rather than "scruffmonkey". I had to admit wondering why I was being called "Bob", but I realized that was me she was addressing. Betty, I don't think you are a total liberal, because you seem to listen and discuss, rather than parrot.

saskiaelisabeth
12/22/16 1:35 am

OH that's why you call me Betty haha. Never put it together since Elisabeth isn't my first name so not used to the nicknames for it. I kinda like the Betty and Bob dynamic though, but I'll call you Harry when responding to you if you'd prefer it.

12/22/16 2:38 am

Aww Betty and Bob, making nice lol, two B's in a pod?
I'll have to give her credit for her persistence and angst, but Harry, really, Liberal is Liberal regardless of parroting or not.
It is fun and interesting and even somewhat entertaining to volley on these social forums. People are so easy to toy with because they can be really serious and have strong convictions.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
12/22/16 7:03 am

Betty, full disclosure, I'm retired like Scruff. Please don't blame us for Social Security. There would be a lot more money in that fund if politicians hadn't been raiding it for years for other purposes. They try to act like they are Robin Hood, but actually are the Sheriff of Knottingham. Harry is my grandfather's name, but Bob didn't bother me.

12/22/16 9:38 am

Right you are Harry, Reagan initially borrowed from social security. It was never considered part of the federal deficit because it was a "loan". No one knew that and so Reagan picked up the praise.
Meanwhile back at the ranch the loans most often were never paid back.
Now we're borrowing from foreign interests and they are gaining ownership of our country.
Imagine that! Taking over a country without firing a shot.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
12/22/16 1:04 pm

I worry about that and secret Obama agreements a lot! Even Reagan had his faults, and he was one of the good guys.

12/22/16 8:23 pm

That is the real problem Harry, the lack of transparency. They keep the rat race in a constant state of frenzy so that any little perk puts them in the state of complacency.
It seems the days or revolution are over as the generations become more and more desensitized to the corruption. Most I talk to bring up other countries as being worse as the reason for their resignation or capitulation.
Politicians of course recognize this as their opportunity for deception. It is the quintessential "Big Brother" all over again.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
12/22/16 10:34 pm

And yet the one who promised transparency and totally did the opposite is super Popular. Let's hear it for insanity!

12/22/16 10:46 pm

Amazing, yet still the populous, the citizenry, the mass of society gads about in total bliss, forlorn to the world, lost in a caldron, or possibly a cesspool, of self delusion.
I know for sure anyone who makes too big a stink get's assassinated.
Just ask Vince Foster!