PamGH December 20th, 2016 11:12pm

A&E will be doing a show :Generation KKK, an 8-part documentary series. Some are calling for a boycott of A&E for giving the KKK a voice and potentially normalizing this hate group. Would you consider a boycott?

suppressedID IMEACH BIDEN
12/24/16 2:43 pm

Sunlight is the best form of disinfectant.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
12/22/16 11:28 pm

It sounds interesting. I'd I remember it's on, I'll check it out

googer11 Minnesota
12/21/16 6:43 am

Sick. It's a topic I don't need to know about. A&E, TLC, etc....bottom feeders.

teachinla California
12/21/16 1:15 am

I don't generally like boycots; particularly boycots of an entire country. But boycots of a single entity are another thing. In this case, it's not a bad idea to try to understand a group. You don't have to agree with them, but you should know how they think.

ConservativeCA Joe Biden is barely alive
12/21/16 12:30 am

I feel like the point of the series would be to inform interested viewers of the day to day lives of the KKK, not to endorse them. I also believe it's a commonly held belief that the KKK is a terrible organization, I don't see much possibility of them gaining popularity.

dawl adulting
12/20/16 10:08 pm

I still need to catch up on the Scientology documentary series please slow down.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/20/16 9:27 pm

I saw an advertisement for the show. It clearly is anti-KKK.
What is the problem.

Maryelizabeth
12/20/16 7:50 pm

Depends on how they portray the KKK. The whole truth about them needs to be shown

dxstap Bloomington, Indiana
12/20/16 7:30 pm

Sure I'll boycott A&E.
it'll be easy since I never watch it anyway.

TJMacks3 Evolutionary Socialist
12/20/16 7:24 pm

Sounds more like a documentary.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
12/20/16 6:37 pm

During normal times, let it air!! These are dangerous Trump times. Boycott.

Okie1967 Is Biden self aware
12/20/16 6:09 pm

The kkk has never enjoyed such popularity until the left decided to use them as a tool against trump. I wish they would let them slip back into irrelevancy.

mfjd1948 rural johnson co iowa
12/20/16 6:09 pm

I believe in freedom of speech. Better to know evil than to ignore it.

markm72 Cornwall,PA
12/20/16 6:07 pm

How can you combat racism if you don't expose it? The cynic in me suspects those supporting a boycott are the same ones who like to say we should have a "meaningful dialogue" on race; but get offended when confronted with ideas they disagree with.

ctskapski x
12/20/16 6:04 pm

I'm not interested in A&E, but a boycott is silly.
"Let's pretend they don't exist! That'll stop them from existing!"
No, solipsists, that'll just make it so you know less about them.

Iamamerican California
12/20/16 5:39 pm

I won't boycott, I'm just not interested.

Isomax TIC TOC
12/20/16 5:22 pm

No need for boycotting here. I haven't whatched A&E in over 10 to 15 years.

Wert A picture of my junk
12/20/16 5:09 pm

A&E is still around?

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/20/16 4:52 pm

I'm not watching that trash.

Nbd12
12/20/16 4:50 pm

Lmfao. People are so sensitive. It's a documentary meant to inform about a bunch of backwoods, cousin fucking, white trash racists. It's not meant to be pro-kkk. If watching a documentary on something normalizes it, then pull all the documentaries about slavery and Hitler to, since we wouldn't want to normalize those things either.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
12/20/16 4:43 pm

No, but I won't be watching it anyway. Waste of time...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/20/16 4:35 pm

Several things in the article lead me to believe that they went about this to expose the KKK, not to show admiration for it.

"ensuring the show didn’t propagate views the network’s executives abhor. “We certainly didn’t want the show to be seen as a platform for the views of the KKK,” said Rob Sharenow, general manager of A&E. “The only political agenda is that we really do stand against hate.”

"We had a stance, and we were clear with folks that we were hoping for them to see the light and to come out of this world. It’s an incredibly destructive environment for anybody to be in, let alone children.”

More below

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/20/16 4:34 pm

Part 2 As they sought to capture this relatively unseen world, the filmmakers also incorporated the anti-hate activists Daryle Lamont Jenkins, Arno Michaelis and Bryon Widner as they tried to persuade members to leave the Klan — or at least to leave their children out of it.

That meant introducing Mr. Buckley’s wife, Melissa, to Mr. Michaelis, a former white supremacist now with Serve 2 Unite, which works with young people to prevent violent extremism. Mr. Buckley’s Klan involvement had led his wife into a dangerous confrontation with three African-American women at a Walmart, and she wanted to squelch her now-5-year-old son’s mimicry of his father’s racial slurs and “white power” salutes before he started school.

“I hate to say that I was even at the point of leaving him, because he’s my best friend, he’s my kids’ father, he’s everything to me,” she said in a phone interview. “But it got to the point where, if I’m not safe with him, why be with him?”

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/20/16 4:36 pm

Sounds to me like they're doing the exact opposite of endorsing, if they're trying to pull people out of it! Don't know where anyone can get that this is endorsing them!

lj74
12/20/16 4:34 pm

People need to be educated on the KKK and BLM, just as people need to be educated on ISIS and Al Qaeda.

RagingMystic covfefe
12/20/16 4:30 pm

Absolutely, fuck that noise

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/20/16 4:30 pm

No. I would be interested in the people who live with such hate. Doing a documentary does not mean you endorse them. Let me guess.....someone got offended?!