TheHand December 20th, 2016 4:02pm

In future history books what do think will be noted as Obama's top achievement?

12/21/16 12:07 pm

@scruff you could've easily just said nurse but you said nurse krachet. Don't try to turn this around on me for the poor use of reference to a book. It's honestly pretty pathetic.

12/21/16 1:48 pm

It wasn't even a reference but a snide remark but as a student you thought you would toss around words like allegory and metaphor to appear as having some intellect aside from insinuating a retired, degreed professional doesn't understand it.
Your demeanor is sophomoric, points are still pointless, and you're left hanging at the end of the thread apparently groping for some shred of evidence to prove yourself correct.
I would think that aside from myself malekithe has as well given up on a brainwashout liberal as yourself.
It's fine when your young to be liberal because you are not too many years away from mommy and daddy footing the bill, but when you get older and you still are a liberal it's really dumb.
It is okay, you can admit that you are so disturbed that Bernie isn't going to get the wealthy to pay for your education and you want to take your anger out on Trump supporters. It's okay, let it out. Just remember nothing is going to change it.
President Donald J. Trump πŸ‘πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

12/21/16 2:06 pm

Having a degree does not make you intelligent and it certainly doesn't make you an expert on every topic. Unless your degree is in English I suggest you leave the big vocabulary words to someone who understands them.

Coming from a background in which my parents support me means nothing. I make my own way, so have my siblings who are all liberal and do not so much as depend on my parents for a dime. I work, despite not necessarily having to, I apply to paid internships to get experience while I'm still in school. I'm setting myself up to be successful and because I care about other people in the US who haven't had the same support system I have had isn't dumb. Both my parents are liberal and probably make way more $ than you so this isn't a wealth or dependency issue. It's a do you only care about yourself or other Americans too issue.
In case you forgot Bernie's plans never involved taxing the wealthy any more, but DT's do. But you must've forgotten that bc it doesn't fit your agenda.

12/21/16 5:54 pm

I have no agenda but you did when you entered this discussion.
I thought you were a bourgeois princess so thanks for validating it.
You and your liberal parents can slip into quicksand as far as I'm concerned.
Oh but for sure when you get your degree make sure you understand that it doesn't mean you are smart as per your own dictum.
Don't bother to respond as I have exhausted more energy than I usually do with liberal decadents.
Bye Bye princess!

12/21/16 7:59 pm

In case you forgot you were the one who entered the discussion between malekithe and I. As far as I'm concerned princess is hardly an insult, good manners, well to do position, and caring to the citizens of the country and if I could have been one I would've loved to.

Also in case you forgot your buddy DT grew up a member of the bourgeois as well so that's hardly an insult since you seem to admire him so much, being a member of upper class only seems to matter to you if it's someone you don't like.

I don't define my intelligence by a piece of paper. I couldn't give a shit about getting a degree, it's about taking the classes. A degree is a stepping stone to a good job as well so that's partly why I'm working toward one. Degrees don't define you as intelligent, your work ethic, determination, and dedication to education makes you intelligent.

If you're exhausted with me then I suggest you should've spent your time ignoring me rather then shouting insignificant insults.

12/21/16 8:13 pm

You're a piece of work! And your language is hardly a distinction of class.
I'll ignore if I want and not ignore if I want. I'm free, I mean really free. No one owns me.
I'm debt free with plenty of mullah so don't even begin to suggest any action or inaction to me honey buns.
Personally I think you are full of crap. Just another pseudo internet street urchin trying to purport something she is not.
Liberals go on and on about nothing ad nauseam and accomplish little.
Why don't you call Jill Stein and see if she has a position for you.
Sweet Dreams Betty!

12/21/16 8:40 pm

You're the one who said don't bother to respond because you've wasted enough energy. And yet here you go you keep responding.
It's already quite obvious language is not a distinction of class if you've ever heart DT talk.
I honestly don't give a shit if you think I'm full of crap. I don't live my life in an effort to impress or have you think of me in any certain way.
I have no desire to ever work with Jill Stein, I think she's pretty deluded.

brentwho Home
12/20/16 8:41 pm

Longest consecutive months of private sector job growth during his administration

Historic levels of unreasonable obstructionism

12/21/16 8:25 pm

Have you checked the job growth/loss ratio? Have you information on how many of those jobs are temporary holiday jobs?
Have you bothered to check that he has stepped all over our laws and has made a mockery of our governmental system.
Did you know that he didn't comply with a law that requires him to notify congress 30 days in advance of a prisoner swap when he traded top level terrorists for that piece of garbage Bergdahl?
Why don't you do some research on the Worst President in American History!

Jazzy5 USA
12/20/16 7:25 pm

Not knowing what bathroom to use!

12/20/16 8:08 pm

Just go outside in the yard

Jazzy5 USA
12/21/16 6:40 am

Women don't have the convenience for outside bathroom use that men have! Too cold anyway!

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
12/20/16 4:48 pm

First Black president

DiQuellaPira
12/20/16 3:19 pm

The only thing Obama will remembered for will be getting elected while black.

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
12/20/16 12:34 pm

He will be known for the leading the first step toward single payer healthcare.

ezh2o Texas Hill Country
12/20/16 2:31 pm

Yeah, exposing what a failure single payer healthcare would be . . . like in every other socialist country, example: Cuba . . .

Lazlo63
12/20/16 12:15 pm

Biggest jerk ever to occupy the Oval Office.

ezh2o Texas Hill Country
12/20/16 2:27 pm

The biggest narcissists to live in the White House . . .

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
12/20/16 11:48 am

Turning victory in Iraq into a defeat, and an opportunity for ISIS (ISIL to him) to fill a power vacuum.

Brrrrrrrrr
12/20/16 11:15 am

Dropping a bomb on a Nobel peace prize winner while himself being a Nobel peace prize winner.

SniperNoSniping VC Congressman PLP VA
12/20/16 10:25 am

Obamacare will probably be remembered as amazing by then

SniperNoSniping VC Congressman PLP VA
12/20/16 10:24 am

Obamacare will probably be remembered as amazing by then

ezh2o Texas Hill Country
12/20/16 2:24 pm

I Doubt that . . .

SniperNoSniping VC Congressman PLP VA
12/21/16 4:39 am

I don't, whether it did good things is a matter of debate, but the future will just be so amazed by free health, or maybe healthcare will be free by then, and they'll remember him as the pioneer

SniperNoSniping VC Congressman PLP VA
12/21/16 4:39 am

Okie1967 Is Biden self aware
12/20/16 10:11 am

Hopefully it won't have anything to do with healthcare.

DonWichita Kansas
12/20/16 10:00 am

Fooling the American voters.

wmorriso Indiana, US ofA
12/20/16 9:57 am

Pulling the wool over the eyes of so many in this country and elsewhere.

myob
12/20/16 9:50 am

Just for being the first Negroid president. (By then who knows what popular term blacks will demand to be called.) Just saying it changes every so often.

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
12/20/16 9:07 am

Expansion of gay rights.

12/20/16 9:32 am

Creation of ISIS

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
12/20/16 9:35 am

Invading Iraq resulted in the creation of ISIS. Any chance you remember who was President when that happened?

12/20/16 9:51 am

A Bird in Hand is worth Two in the BUSH!!

12/20/16 10:12 am

Leaving Iraq is what created the vacuum. I do agree that we never should have invaded to begin with.
So does Trump. Glad you are on the Trump train now.😎

12/20/16 10:24 am

Cindy Sheehan has been one of the biggest opponents of the Iraq war. She's a socialist.

Glad you're on the socialist train now:)

12/20/16 10:27 am

For exactly 1 stop. After Don't Invade IraqJjunction, I'm off that train which is destined to derail.

12/20/16 10:35 am

@mal Who is your @?
Me on the Trump train? Now?
I've always been on the Trump train, never stepped off.

12/20/16 10:35 am

Exactly the same thoughts with the Trump train. One stop, then I'm off before I'll be caught in the fire of its derailment.

12/20/16 10:36 am

Scruff
Was talking to @sask

12/20/16 10:38 am

@sask. you can borrow my answer. As a socialist you should be used to taking from others

12/20/16 10:38 am

@mal wasn't your comment about the Trump train at @thatguy, I hadn't even voted on this poll when you posted that? I was just making a point that if that's your logic it works both ways.

12/20/16 10:39 am

There is no way the Trump Train will derail. I can't believe people are still in this mode. Trump beat all the odds and it's full steam ahead.
People have yet to lift up their dropped jaws!

12/20/16 10:40 am

@mal and as a Trump supporter you're used to revising history to try and make your point:)

12/20/16 10:42 am

@scruff a train traveling full steam ahead is more likely to derail.

12/20/16 10:48 am

@sask. The original response was for @That but then you jumped in.
So the response was to you.
As far as revision, there is nothing to revise. Trump hasn't even started yet so revision is not needed. Good news for you is that you will benefit from having Trump in office no matter how much you oppose him. So you're welcome!

12/20/16 10:58 am

@sask
Nope, sorry but train derailments are very rare, far and few in between, a minute fraction of rail travel overall, an iota of the billions of miles trains travel every year.

12/20/16 11:43 am

@sask. You are wrong. The number one cause of train derailments is broken tracks

www.scientificamerican.com/article/broken-rails-are-leading-cause-of-train-derailments/

12/20/16 6:38 pm

lmao again revising history. I never said it was the most common cause, I said a train going full steam ahead is more likely too, and it is.

Scuff was asking about who you said welcome to the Trump train to, so I fail to still see why it was @me?
And haha to the fact you think I'll benefit from him as a college student and a woman there is very little chance I will be a citizen he'll look out for. Wait, no, I'm white and not Muslim so maybe he'll look out for me a little.

12/20/16 7:22 pm

@sask. I was responding to your socialist train comment. That is what I was telling @scruff.
It is not revision to say that speed is not the number one reason for derailment but it was an error on my part. You did not state it was the number one reason. As for how you will benefit, there will be several ways that have nothing to do with gender, race, religion or any other label or group identity.

12/20/16 9:26 pm

If I benefit in one way, and then suffer in another to the same degree doesn't that essentially equal out to my situation not changing at all?

12/20/16 9:26 pm

How do you expect to suffer?

12/20/16 9:35 pm

Having my rights taken away and being treated like a second class human as soon as the Trump rhetoric becomes acceptable. When other countries question America's common sense having work opportunities limited. When he refuses to take action to try and develop renewable resources and contributes to considerably affecting the planet in negative ways for humanity. Those are just few I could go on if you want, but I have a feeling you'll deny any of it will happen. Despite the fact that some of it is already beginning to happen with who he's appointed.

12/20/16 9:45 pm

Having my rights taken away
•What rights are those?
being treated like a second class human
•How are you being treated this way?
When he refuses to take action to try and develop renewable resources
•When has he refused to develop renewable resources?
•What work opportunities are being limited? He is expanding opportunity.

Your examples are non specific scare tactic talking points. Do you have anything tangible?

12/20/16 9:54 pm

Rights taken away: nearly all reproductive rights (abortion as per roe vs wade, access to birth control, etc)
Treated as a second class citizen: when men violate you it is not considered a problem (as evidenced by the zero consequences Trump faced for sexual assault)
Nonrenewable resources: wants to drill as much oil as possible as has already appointed the head of the EPA as someone who doesn't believe in climate change
Limited opportunities: I have dual citizenship which allows me to live and work in the EU which is already at risk by countries deciding whether or not they want that to be allowed, Trumps election is putting it more at risk. Also puts businesses that work internationally at risk as they will stop taking the US as seriously. All the fields I want to work in function internationally.

Not scare tactics, but I get why if they don't seem to affect you, you might regard them as such.

12/20/16 9:55 pm

You make many declarations but really do not offer any explanation.
Explain:
Having your rights taken away?
Treated like a 2nd class citizen?
Trump rhetoric?
Our common sense questioned?
Work opportunities limited?
The rest is mish mosh but I will address a portion!

Investing in renewable resources is not and cannot be a priority of a country that is "trillions" of dollars in debt.

What I get from people like you is this: you would rather worry about dog food while your electric and water utilities have been turned off.

Believe me and mark my words, when our roads, bridges, tunnels, education system, national security and overall economy is up to par our President Donald Trump will invest in renewables!

Wake up and get out of your little box!!

12/20/16 10:01 pm

I'd like to worry about dog food and utilities. Prefer not to let my dog starve if that's okay with you. Yes I care about people, which Donald Trump doesn't. He will run this country like a business. Our economy will probably benefit. Roads and bridges maybe, too. But people will not be happier and people will suffer.

If pour your effort into utilities while ignoring the dog food, you leave the dog to starve.

12/20/16 10:15 pm

•Just is not happening
•Trump has not done anything to be charged with, unlike Bill Clinton
•Doesn't prevent them from also pursuing renewable energy or alternate fuel sources. Not everyone believes in human influenced climate change

12/20/16 10:19 pm

•Other countries allowing or not allowing dual citizenship has nothing to do with Trump.
•This is just nonsense. We will be taken more seriously as our economy becomes stronger.
All the fields I want to work in function internationally.
•What fields are those? They will probably thrive.

12/20/16 10:22 pm

Stop the fear mongering.
Trump cares far more about people than the lies you have been listening to. Your dog will not starve.

12/20/16 10:31 pm

Reproductive rights: he has threatened to take these rights away. Whether you think he will or not is not the issue, he will soon have the power to make good on a promise he made.

Second class citizen: you tell me why then several women have made claims of sexual assault and he has admitted to assaulting them as on tape. Victim blaming and not taking claims or women seriously is becoming ever more prominent.

Renewable resources: you don't have to believe in climate change to know that we're going to run out of oil and be totally fucked if we don't have renewable energy. Just because Trump will be out of office by then doesn't make it not his problem now. Appointing someone to the EPA who doesn't care about protecting the environment is not protecting people in the future from an uninhabitable planet.

12/20/16 10:34 pm

Other countries not taking us seriously: with elections coming up in multiple EU countries the fact the Trump won has definitely had an effect on which candidates have been receiving support, it's changed at lot since the US Election to favor candidates who don't approve of dual citizenship.
In addition, people already started taking the U.K. less seriously after Brexit. A strong economy doesn't equal respect from all industries. In fact it doesn't equal respect in most expect the ones Trump cares about.

Again, Trump has never once shown or evidenced in his claims that he cares about people. He doesn't, when doesn't even claim to. I get it if all you care about it our economy. But he's not going to help most Americans, he cares about America as a business and as a business only.

12/20/16 10:35 pm

Your brain is definitely burned out and now you are suffering from paranoid delusions.
See a shrink pronto!!

12/20/16 10:36 pm

It's funny how Trump supporters have come to really like to use the term fear-mongering to describe non-Trump supporters considering it was basically the entirety of his campaign.

12/20/16 10:38 pm

There is literally evidence for every claim I made. I fail to see how I'm the deluded one, but of course if someone disagrees with you it's gotta be a mental illness.

12/20/16 10:47 pm

Yes of course Elizabeth whatever you say. Now go off with nurse krachet and take your meds. Everything will be fine in the morning.

12/20/16 11:12 pm

Pretty sure you were referencing one flew over the cuckoo's nest there in which case her name is nurse Ratched and the whole point is that shes an allegory for corruption that leads to the death of one totally innocent and the lobotomy of the totally sane character.

12/21/16 6:07 am

@sask. You have clearly drunk the liberal fear inducing Kool-Aid. I will not talk be able to talk you off the ledge. Only time and experience may able to do that. I feel sorry for you and many others like you who have been indoctrinated by this way of thinking.
Reproductive rights: Trump said he would want to leave it to the states.
President doesn't have the power to take it away abortion.
Second class citizen: Most have been proven to be fraudulent. These were used to discredit him. Were you this putoff by Bill Clinton's rapes, assaults, harassment and pedophilia allegations.
Renewable resources: We are not running out of oil anytime soon. Using oil, coal, and gas now while we continue to develop alternate energy sources is only a question of where do we get it from. There is no practical alternative yet. Trump wants us to use our own resources and not rely on OPEC.
It is still oil.

12/21/16 6:09 am

I am sure you don't own a car, never take a bus and never fly anywhere and never buy goods that are manufactured, delivered or stored by oil in any way using oil.

12/21/16 6:52 am

Because disagreeing with you must mean I'm either mentally ill or indoctrinated. Cool.

Reproductive rights: leaving it to the states is basically saying, if you live in a conservative state, I won't protect your rights. You cannot possibly deny that.

Sexual assault: when did I ever say I supported Bill Clinton through sexual assault charges? When they were proven baseless claims I moved on. Trump has said on camera he sexually assaults women and several women have come forward without being discredited so much as just backing away and disappearing (something that can easily be explained by money or threats but I won't go there).

12/21/16 6:54 am

Oil: that's one solid argument you've got there. Accuse me as being as bad because I use oil. Of course I use oil you can't live in the 21st century without being impoverished or Amish without using oil or related products. The point is I'm not in a position to develop new resources because 1.) in not studying the proper courses in college and 2.) I don't have the executive or legislative power to make a difference.
Our dependence on oil as fuel is dangerous. We only don't run out of oil if we continue efforts to use and develop our non renewable resources. Oil, coal, the lot they leave us vulnerable to the complexities. We don't know if prices will spike. We don't know how soon or if we'll run out (by run out I mean run out of economically accesible oil). And we don't know how potential fuel problems will effect us or the countries around us and foreign policy.

12/21/16 6:54 am

We already depend majority on North American oiling so ending a dependency on OPEC shouldn't be the biggest issue now. Ending our dependency on oil should be.

12/21/16 7:11 am

Ending oil dependance is not an over night solution. I agree 100% that alternative energy must be developed. That doesn't mean that we stop using fossil fuels now.
I am not suggesting that you stop using them or that you develop an alternate. I am pointing out that we are dependent on it for the foreseeable future.
We are not going to run out anytime soon but we will eventually. We should definitely invest in R&D.

www.macleans.ca/economy/what-happens-when-we-run-out-of-oil/

12/21/16 7:34 am

Glad we agree on something.

I know it's not an overnight solution, but it's also not something we can afford to put on the back burner for 4 years to try and save $.

12/21/16 7:39 am

Have seen nothing saying it will be

12/21/16 7:46 am

"There has been a big push to develop alternative forms of energy--so-called green energy--from renewable sources. That's a big mistake. To begin with, the whole push for renewable energy is being driven by the wrong motivation, the mistaken belief that global climate change is being caused by carbon emissions. If you don't buy that--and I don't--then what we have is really just an expensive way of making the tree-huggers feel good about themselves."

www.forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/2016/12/01/how-bad-will-donald-trump-be-for-renewable-energy/

12/21/16 7:54 am

@mal
We're back to what I said at square one. It is not the priority right now.
Fact is we have alternative energy but we need time to implement the transition.
The liberals are in a panic and are blinded by the frenzy of imaginary disastrous events culminating from the Trump election, the ramifications of which are going to send the planet spinning uncontrollably into deep space.

12/21/16 8:20 am

@sas

"You just used a metaphor you didn't understand in my favor? You basically just called me sane and yourself corrupt do you realize that?" <sas

You certainly have a knack for convolution of phrasing to suit yourself.
You created your own little fantasy about my comment. My comment does not identify me as any character in the movie therefore your conclusive determination is skewed and wreaks of feminine logic, which for the most part in your case is non existent.
So you have now made a fool of yourself to the community and validated that you have in fact drank the liberal kool-aid as malekithe had stated.
Your rants and tirades became weak and lost steam and so in the end you, in your state of self delusion, actually perceived you and he were in agreement.
He hung in there longer than I but in the end you had the last say because he as I did eventually came to the conclusion that it was a fruitless endeavor to change your liberal mind.

12/21/16 8:29 am

@malek
She's a college student, a Bernie bird, don't waste your time.

12/21/16 12:05 pm

@mal from what I gather from the article, Trump is going to let the market decide which industry will be successful with an emphasis on state regulations and incentives. This is not a proactive way to encourage R&D for nonrenewable. Oil will most likely still be the favored industry until nonrenewable are developed to make then cheaper. And there are several states that not have any incentives for clean energy or regulations on fracking and such.

12/21/16 12:08 pm

@scruff you could've easily just said nurse but instead you said "nurse krachet" don't turn this around on me because you're embarrassed by you poor use of reference to a book. It's actually quite pathetic.