TopsQueen December 19th, 2016 4:44pm

It is get fit Monday! How are you doing? I'm actually getting some walking in it really helps with the stress. However, 🥔 is a weakness. I've been experimenting with scalloped potato recipes. Not the brightest choice.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/20/16 4:51 pm

Been home for nearly a week and hitting the gym. No travel again until January. Gives me a chance to work off the winter lard before we go on vacation at the end of January.

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/20/16 12:07 am

If it makes you feel any better, I once knew a bodybuilder (with a title) who claimed he ate potatoes to lose weight.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
12/19/16 9:45 pm

Im eating too many Christmas cookies!

susanr Colorado
12/19/16 6:20 pm

I'm doing great as far as food goes, in terms of both high quality and low quantity. Not so great with exercise.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/19/16 7:18 pm

Boy do we need to get together. I have been under a lot of stress as you know. And I gave myself permission to eat carbs as they calm me down

susanr Colorado
12/19/16 10:32 pm

That sounds like a good choice for now, Tops. Hopefully you can do it with some measure of control and not just go bonkers, though. I suspect the change might affect your blood glucose adversely in the short run, and you'd probably regret any weight gain in the longer run, and then be upset with yourself about that.

But really, you have to do what you think is right. I hope it goes well!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/19/16 10:49 pm

I making scalloped potatoes tomorrow for a potluck half and then for Christmas. Then I need to hat get back on the low-carb lifestyle I've done it before I can do it again. Had some memory issues and if they continue I'm going to go see a doctor I'm quite sure it's just stress.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
12/19/16 6:01 pm

Did some cross country skiing today. Skiing almost always makes me feel good.

breanne Denver, Co
12/19/16 5:51 pm

Gym today and this Wednesday but then 2 weeks of break will make my regime go very sporadic. I over indulged over the weekend but plan to eat better this week.

lovesquirt Hawkeyes
12/19/16 3:40 pm

Potatoes are a weakness? Potatoes are a super food and very healthy for you. It's the stuff added to potatoes that can be a problem. Butter, oils, a lot of salt and other things aren't good to consume.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/19/16 4:52 pm

White wine, mushrooms, chicken broth OK and here's the other stuff I will confess some sour cream and cheese.

Kimbobee the middle of nowhere
12/19/16 10:47 am

I had to stop my exercise program because of injuring my hand. 😥 Hope to start it back up after Christmas.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/19/16 4:52 pm

Take good care of that hand you don't want an infection. Take it easy for a while.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
12/19/16 10:16 am

Well I have to bake a bunch of tester cookies before I send them out to family. So not so well I think hah

imanag My heaven on Earth
12/19/16 11:42 am

Quality control is a tough yet important job. 😄

imanag My heaven on Earth
12/19/16 9:53 am

It was a good week. I'm just happy that my weight stayed the same after multiple birthday celebrations and the first round of Christmas candy. I attribute that to lots of yoga and walking. I'm going to the tough yoga class tonight. There's still cake and candy in my kitchen. 😰

rons WOKE is sick
12/19/16 9:48 am

Just got back from the gym. Soup for lunch.