Luftwaffe December 18th, 2016 11:55pm

In Germany, their Justice Minister is advocating for the imprisonment of up to a 5 year sentence for anyone who posts "fake news" on social media websites like Facebook. Is this a suppression of free speech?

Okie1967 Is Biden self aware
12/19/16 11:07 am

They're going nuts in Germany. They're making it more and more likely the radical right will cleanse that place in a blitzkrieg.

Okie1967 Is Biden self aware
12/19/16 11:09 am

They need their own trump.

EarlyBird Portland
12/19/16 11:29 am

I agree that something radical needs to happen in Germany.

xtarite
12/19/16 8:25 am

We already know this is just a war against republicans...liberals call anything they don't believe fake news when in fact the mainstream media is 90% FAKE NEWS...

sweetnes34 Outta Phucks
12/19/16 4:56 am

I could understand prosecuting the originators of harmful fake news stories but once it's in the populace there's going to be a percentage who share and believe whatever is out there. They shouldn't be prosecuted.

lj74
12/18/16 8:33 pm

And who is going to make the determination on what really is fake news? Can't trust the politicians to do it or anyone associated with the government.

Brrrrrrrrr
12/18/16 7:33 pm

The German justice minister raped my dog. Then the minister took a 2 hour break to read Mein Kampf before raping my other dog.

Think Lovin Life
12/18/16 6:52 pm

This is the next step in the fascism of the left.

EarlyBird Portland
12/18/16 6:49 pm

I'm ok with fake news as long as it's clearly marked as fake news.
I'm not ok with outright lies being posted as real news.

Okie1967 Is Biden self aware
12/19/16 11:07 am

Should I start marking my comments as fake comments?

Okie1967 Is Biden self aware
12/19/16 11:09 am

Are you going to post any polls?

EarlyBird Portland
12/19/16 11:26 am

Comments are usually opinions so no need to label them.

I haven't posted a poll because it's so quiet around here. I used to get at least 100 comments, now I'm lucky to get 30.

Okie1967 Is Biden self aware
12/19/16 11:29 am

My comments are all facts‼️😂

EarlyBird Portland
12/19/16 11:29 am

I know you so well. I knew you'd say that! Lol

DawnDanes New Jersey
12/18/16 6:14 pm

Fake News, is fake news. Just because it spouts what you think is the truth despite evidence to the contrary does not make it true, it's still fake news! It hurts people and makes Americans seem so stupid to the rest of the world.

Think Lovin Life
12/18/16 6:51 pm

Dawn ... have you ever traveled outside the US? Your comment suggests that the answer is a resounding NO!

DawnDanes New Jersey
12/18/16 7:12 pm

Yes. If you traveled outside the States you would know this to be true. People around the globe think Americans are stupid for believing a lot of the fake news and just shake their heads at our collective ignorance.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
12/18/16 7:26 pm

He's right, a lot of us are stupid enough to read or listen to CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, the New York times, USA today, etc.

Think Lovin Life
12/18/16 7:31 pm

Dawn ... I lived in three other countries for 15 years. I've traveled all over the world for over 30 years for business and pleasure.

I suggest that you are completely clueless as to the view of others about the US. But to make the point most abruptly, if we are viewed as unintelligent as you suggest, please explain why people are literally dying to come here!

I suggest that next time you venture into a subject that you know little about that you not present yourself as an expert for your day trip to Tijuana!

dylkohl The Media Lies
12/18/16 4:58 pm

I mean it's better than hearing people talk about the bullshit they heard on CNN earlier

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
12/18/16 4:57 pm

Are these the European laws liberals want us to implement?

Also, I like how they condemn Putin for being a danger to the free world, when they've done worse.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
12/18/16 5:00 pm

I wonder how many counts of hate speech I'd be arrested for in Germany.

"Suspect claimed that Europe shouldn't take in all of the Middle East's population. Let's give him 10 years with no bail. Next case, Mohammad, you may have raped 15 people, but they were white, and whites did slavery, so you're getting community service."