CDFL December 18th, 2016 6:03am

You receive a job offer you had applied to and are qualified for, but did not actually interview for. The hiring manager seems to think you interviewed. It's your dream job. Do you accept it?

rlands
12/20/16 2:30 pm

If it's your dream job, don't turn that down lol

dawl adulting
12/18/16 9:10 am

If they think we interviewed they might be confusing me with someone they actually interviewed so I'd have to mention that. Wouldn't want to walk in and have them be surprised.

lj74
12/18/16 7:54 am

If you have worked for a company for a long time you have built up a reputation. That reputation can open doors for you without you asking because others see your qualifications. However, they should still ask if you are interested in the new opportunity

McMurphyJohnson say what now
12/18/16 7:48 am

He'll definitely find out sooner or later but I'd just be like "what interview?"

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
12/18/16 6:06 am

I'm in Air Force ROTC. The way one colonel described it, it's basically a four-year interview. There are multiple pass or move out points, but again, it isn't one deciding interview for whether or not I will commission. It's my entire performance that will be reviewed.

Suzan Hawaii
12/18/16 12:39 am

Sometimes the interview is not one person talking to another. They observe you and how you react and interact potential clients.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
12/17/16 11:23 pm

I'm a bit concerned about a company who to get to that step without an actual interview... I would definitely mention the lack of an interview & begin investigating the company.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
12/17/16 11:56 pm

I would still be concerned about my potential manager having thought I'd actually interviewed for a job that I hadn't... that doesn't make me feel like it's going to be a good work situation.

CDFL alt right, alt snowflake
12/18/16 12:04 am

Oh absolutely. This situation isn't exactly what happened to me, but pretty close! It was extremely surprising for a company like that and clearly something went wrong in their process. Funny story though

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/17/16 11:19 pm

Not right away, I'd point out the lack of an interview because it may easily come out later, and suggest we do the interview right now.

CDFL alt right, alt snowflake