LibArtie SW Connecticut
12/18/16 10:09 am

That's too bad. It ought to be legal everywhere.

susanr Colorado
12/17/16 9:06 pm

No. Some cops in Oregon tried once, but I wasn't doing what they thought I was doing. And no matter how odd they thought it was, there's really no law against going for a walk in the rain, and stopping to watch cows.

garrettr Alabama
12/17/16 9:19 pm

That is hilarious. Were the cows doing anything special or were you just watching them stand around?

susanr Colorado
12/17/16 9:25 pm

I was just watching them. I'd been living in the city for a good while, and hadn't seen cows for some time.

The cops were just annoyed because they thought they had a drug bust going. I was traveling with folks from my commune. We were all clearly hippies. We'd stopped in a redwood forest (state park) to eat lunch. I finished, and went for a walk. They were going to pick me up on their way out. I walked out of the park, continuing on the same road past farms with pastures (thus the cows). It started to rain, but only lightly. I just kept going, then stopped to watch the cows.

Cops stopped & interrogated me. They had seen the van too; thought we had drugs; had had a fight; I got mad & left. They searched us. No drugs. It got pretty silly.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
12/18/16 10:04 am

Sounds like these cops were COWards!🐄

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
12/17/16 6:46 pm

I can't say that I have. I've only recently moved to a new area of LA, but in my previous neighborhood (where I still hang out frequently) all the cops know me (and my friends) by name and we have an excellent rapport. They turn their back on the things we do on the beach & in the surf lineup that tourists would absolutely get arrested for (or at least fined).

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
12/17/16 6:53 pm

People outside of my circles tend to not really believe me when I say that... But to think that cops don't play favorites is to be a living example of naivety.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
12/17/16 6:58 pm

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.

Nik
12/17/16 6:18 pm

I've put a couple of my arrest stories in @softsuki poll.

The answer is yes✌️