Brandon2018 December 18th, 2016 12:31am

I got my drivers permit exactly 5 months ago to the day. In the 5 months of driving, Ive just experienced my first "black ice" skid. It lasted probably half a second (Thank God). Have you encountered black ice?

DGroot America
12/18/16 1:31 pm

I know "black ice" is a relatively accepted term, but I don't really understand it. Ice is ice. If the road is wet, and the temperature of the road is below freezing, it's possible that the road has ice. The "black" part just describes that it's on a black road...because roads are black.

So, instead of thinking black ice is some mystics magical thing, I like to use other signs to determine road condition when driving.

jmw7477 Indiana
12/18/16 10:07 am

Mine was the day after I got my license and the first day I was allowed to drive anywhere by myself.

pietsch Another Adoring Fan
12/18/16 7:40 am

Yes. Totaled my beautiful new red grand am on black ice. Prettiest car I ever wrecked.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
12/17/16 9:48 pm

I can't say that I have. The coldest it really ever gets here is mid 40s, at night in the winter.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/17/16 9:46 pm

Thank G-d you're safe! Fell on it when I was pregnant with my son late unconscious in the snow when ice for 15 minutes

Mber
12/17/16 7:12 pm

One what's black ice
Two I can't drive I'm under 16 we'll I can drive but not legally

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
12/17/16 8:10 pm

Black Ice is basically ice on a road that's very hard to see. Really dangerous stuff if you're going fast.

HenryJRoberts Hmmm
12/17/16 6:57 pm

There is no black ice where I'm from.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
12/17/16 6:53 pm

My first accident was due to black ice.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/17/16 6:19 pm

As a passenger but I can't drive yet so not as a driver.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
12/17/16 8:12 pm

If you live in Illinois im telling you right now that it exists.

ProudCentrist Chicago, Illinois
12/17/16 8:23 pm

Black ice in the Chicagoland area is terrible. I was in the car with my friend the other day and we almost slipped off the road because of it.

cpaswr just say the letters
12/17/16 8:58 pm

I screwed up my car once due to black ice. I went for a 90 degree left turn. Black ice decided I only needed to go 45 degrees.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/17/16 9:13 pm

Oh yes. It exists. I live in IL. It is more common in Russia though, I think. There is a word for it. Гололедица (gololeditsa). Some people will say черный гололедица (cheernyy gololeditsa). It seems to translate to English as "sleet" or "black sleet" but I know the meaning of the word sleet in English and that's not a good translation.
Some say the direct translation черный лед (cheernyy led) or black ice. Both are correct.
I have seen some scary accident videos on black ice. I can't imagine driving on it.
Usually that is when you hear other words like "охуеть!" (ahooiet) but I will leave that meaning to your imagination. 😂😂😈😈

rons screw politicians
12/17/16 6:04 pm

4 wheel brakes are more important then 4 wheel drive. Way more important.