HonestyIsBest December 17th, 2016 6:11pm

"You People were vicious, violent, screaming. You were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right? But now you're mellow because you're basking in the glow of victory". Partisanship aside- is this what ANY of us should be proud of?

timeout Boston Strong
12/18/16 8:33 am

His rhetoric is unconventional and even disturbing at times. It's going to be an interesting four years.

Senate101 San Diego
12/17/16 12:51 pm

I don't like it if anyone is doing it.

Krystina Live and Let Live
12/17/16 11:40 am

I disagree with Trump's statement about his supporters being nasty and vicious. At most, they may have been angry about a government they felt wasn't representing them and their interests. For the most part, I think they were just fired up supporters though. So, his assessment of his own people is off, IMO. I don't think it's bad to bask in the glow of victory though.

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
12/17/16 11:42 am

I used his quote, but wasn't limiting it to "his" folk. I was wondering in general, if it's okay to be this way....

Krystina Live and Let Live
12/17/16 11:45 am

Nasty and vicious and angry and mean? No, not okay. Being happy about a victory, okay.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
12/17/16 11:52 am

This is another reason why he has to use Twitter. I heard him say this in the context of sarcasm pointing out the way the Mainstream Media misrepresented him and his supporters. Ironically, they have used these words against him.

Krystina Live and Let Live
12/17/16 11:56 am

Oh...now that makes sense. Not sure it's ironic as much as expected at this point though. They twist everything that comes out of his mouth, which is wrong, but also unnecessary, IMO, since he does have a tendency to make enough verbal screw ups on his own without them needing to twist anything.

lj74
12/17/16 1:21 pm

I have not seen Trump people react this way. I know they have been accused of this by HRC supporters, but in reality HRC supporters have been filmed and documented doing this behavior and now more are threatening to do this on December 19 and January 20.

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
12/17/16 11:15 am

I'm just asking a question about what type of people we are and want to be. What do we want our children to aspire to be? What is the right and wrong way to be? Not asking the "left" or the "right" because questionable behavior was on both sides. I'm asking if this is ever what we want to be- in the name of winning? Just random thoughts....

MrAmerica Neo Aristotelian
12/17/16 11:14 am

If you watched it live you could see that he was being sarcastic and even joked and said deplorable

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
12/17/16 11:16 am

I put my thoughts above before u posted this.

MrAmerica Neo Aristotelian
12/17/16 11:17 am

I did not see your comment when I posted this. My apologies.

HonestyIsBest Rockaway Beach, NY
12/17/16 11:19 am

I know.ithink we posted simultaneously.