suppressedID December 17th, 2016 5:23pm

An Oklahoma football star has been reinstated to the team after breaking 4 bones and a woman's face (see link). He served no jail time, and will be eligible to play in the Sugar Bowl. What does this show that Americans respect more?

CDFL alt right, alt snowflake
12/17/16 11:19 pm

Someone on my facebook the other day defended his actions saying something like "don't tell me you wouldn't defend yourself if you were getting pushed and slapped"...I mean, yeah, I would.

But not by throwing a KO jaw-breaking punch over a light slap to the face...at most a shove, more likely grabbing her hands

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
12/17/16 4:23 pm

We elected a president that brags about grabbing woman's P***Y
I'd say misogyny is acceptable again....

MadCow former trumper
12/17/16 3:05 pm

Stoops is a moral embarrassment and shows everything about what's wrong with sports.

Diogenes Its Blursday Again
12/17/16 12:31 pm

He's only proving his NFL eligibility. He should go early in the draft with those stats!

Okie1967 Defend the Police
12/17/16 12:55 pm

The NFL is a collection of thugs, criminals, and deviants, huh?

davidwhite1 Building it Bigger
12/17/16 12:24 pm

I want to know what the F all the other patrons were doing just letting him knock her out and then just walk out.

McMurphyJohnson say what now
12/17/16 12:20 pm

I don't think it's "women v money" but rather "assault v money".

Ebola1 Florida
12/17/16 12:03 pm

In the video it appears she was the aggressor.

MadCow former trumper
12/17/16 3:07 pm

I came in here wondering who would defend this punk. It's disappointing it happened so early in the comments.

missmorganmarie ...
12/17/16 4:15 pm

she was the aggressor, but he handled it extremely poorly

Ebola1 Florida
12/18/16 10:37 am

I agree he handled it poorly but it seemed like a reflex sort of action. Someone hits you, you hit back. In view of the circumstances, I think he has been punished enough.

think4yourself Not a safe space
12/17/16 12:00 pm

So a white hurls a racial slur at a black, shoves him, and hits him and you are down on the black for hitting back? Check your white privilege.

suppressedID Shut up man
12/18/16 10:01 am

He's bad. Stoops is worse for reinstating him. Supposed to be the adult. Instead, he is the whore.

LoyalOkie E Pluribus Unum
12/17/16 11:50 am

He was suspended for a year and fined. He apologized and she accepted it. She instigated it and yelled racial slurs at him an cider him out.

LoyalOkie E Pluribus Unum
12/17/16 11:51 am

Definitely not saying what Joe Mixon did was right.

McMurphyJohnson say what now
12/17/16 12:22 pm

You literally changed my opinion on this by curing my ignorance - thank you!

suppressedID Shut up man
12/18/16 9:59 am

All that can be proven is that she shoved him. The rest is not corroborated by witnesses.

Okie1967 Defend the Police
12/17/16 11:11 am

I've seen the video. He shouldn't have hit her, but she did hit him first. I know he could have walked away, but in today's world of equality and denigration of chivalry and traditional values, it's wrong for liberals to look at this as a man versus woman episode. It's a person versus person situation and legally it matters not that he's stronger, bigger. She hit him and then he hit her. So............do democrats stand behind chivalry and say that men should treat women with a deference only when it comes to combat?????

Okie1967 Defend the Police
12/17/16 11:12 am

For the record, I would have walked away. I also would not have instigated it in the first place. I don't doubt that he was a rude butt.

Okie1967 Defend the Police
12/17/16 11:20 am

He did miss an entire season because of this, BTW, due to a self-imposed ban by the university. This year was the first year he's been able to play. The video was released this week, but it happened over a year ago.

think4yourself Not a safe space
12/17/16 11:58 am

True okie. The hypocrisy of the left is amazing. If this were a white conservative male that "hurled a racial slur" at a black man, pushed him, and then hit him they would be taking the black guys side and saying the white guy deserved it.

Okie1967 Defend the Police
12/17/16 12:22 pm

Also, if it were a woman v woman situation then there wouldn't be any liberal outrage. It's as if instinctively even liberals know that men shouldn't hit women. They want women in combat in the military and to be treated as equals, but they know deep down that women and men are different.

davidwhite1 Building it Bigger
12/17/16 12:27 pm

I am not contesting your argument.
But I still believe in chivalry and I would have stepped and intervened even though she stared it.

Okie1967 Defend the Police
12/17/16 12:29 pm

I love chivalry. It's evidence of advanced civilization.

think4yourself Not a safe space
12/17/16 12:33 pm

I agree with both of you but it is the liberal hypocrisy where they always claim they want "equality" in some instances but special treatment in others.

badattitude no place like home
12/17/16 10:34 am

I saw that WTF happened to justice? How did she deserve that. Did he claim self defense? No. Throw that DA out.

badattitude no place like home
12/17/16 10:42 am

Ok, so a man shouldn't hit a woman back. He should have just walked away from the push and slap. But did the judge find him guilty of anything since she attacked and hit him first? He was suspended for the entire season even if the judge threw it out. What do you think. Was his response more than required to stop the attack or justified? People have been justifiably shot and killed for less of an attack.

orgblu10 Shamerica
12/17/16 11:39 am

For the record, the article that I read stated the incident started when the football player directed a homosexual slur at her friend, which was the provocation for her initial shove.

badattitude no place like home
12/17/16 11:42 am

Interesting. Apparently that's not enough for a conviction. The sticks and stones rule?

orgblu10 Shamerica
12/17/16 11:47 am

Apparently. His "punishment" will probably come when we see how far he drops down the list in the NFL draft. A lot of teams aren't going to want that baggage. And at the moment, his lack of remorse isn't helping his PR either.

badattitude no place like home
12/17/16 12:52 pm

Hmm. He seems to feel justified. The DA not prosecuting him didn't help. But now he's got bad publicity. He may be done.

Okie1967 Defend the Police
12/17/16 1:15 pm

Slurs aren't against the law and circumstantially may not even be wrong.

badattitude no place like home
12/17/16 1:28 pm

It's obviously why he wasn't charged