JohnGalt69 December 17th, 2016 5:37am

In a recent poll by the Economist and YouGov, reported that 37% of Republican's have a favorable opinion of Putin. Two years ago that number was 10%. Has Trump's warmth toward this Cold War warrior reborn leading the Reps down a dangerous road?

Okie1967 Defend the Police
12/17/16 8:49 pm

I've been warming to putin since long before trump was a candidate. Putin looks out for his own people and this is in stark contrast to what American politicians do. Our politicians seem bent on trade deals that just weaken us.

evoecon nearest binary system
12/17/16 9:38 am

This new poll reflects the influx of the New Republicans which converted from the Democrat party. Much to do about nothing and only used by the media to support their ant-Trump narrative.

evoecon nearest binary system
12/17/16 10:17 am

I know. You would think the media would fully understand a study before declare a political party has increased support of a despot.

thatguy2 I am Antifa
12/17/16 10:21 am

You can see it on SOH. Many Repubs praising Putin's "strong leadership".

evoecon nearest binary system
12/17/16 10:32 am

and when you look at the horizon, do you see a flat planet?

BlackC
12/17/16 7:37 am

Republicans are so gullible that they voted for a corrupt business man that is hooking up with Russia as their next step to become a pawn of Russia lead by the Don

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/17/16 11:39 am

Unlike the dems who are so gullible they are falling for "the Russians are coming, the Russians are coming" rather than take a closer look at their candidate, her corruption, foundation, dishonesty and the DNC stealing the nomination from Sanders.
I mean, if you want to point and scream "gullible, gullible" then remember to look in the mirror as well. All of us are probably gullible where politics is concerned.

Carcano Luke 10 19
12/17/16 6:45 am

A dangerous road where we avoid nuclear war and promote peace with the second most powerful nation in the world?

TheHand If you need a hand
12/17/16 7:42 am

The world is a hotbed of contention right now with every pissant country vying for power and nuclear proliferation worst than ever before. Focusing solely on Russia would be a folly because others have been moving up the ranks and aiming their venom right at us. Kim Un is a loon and has strong ties with rising China whose South Sea exploits are raising eyebrows.
Look around, there isn't many places on earth to hide!

Carcano Luke 10 19
12/17/16 2:10 pm

What does this have to do with North Korea? A Russo-American alliance would be the strongest alliance in the history of the world, and it would be the biggest step towards ending the idea of large scale wars in history.

TheHand If you need a hand
12/17/16 2:21 pm

I agree except that it being a dangerous road. I pointed out that there are more dangerous roads e.g. N Korea
If you follow my comments you will see that I'm Pro Russia alliance and pro Trump/Putin.
We're on the same side!

Carcano Luke 10 19
12/17/16 2:26 pm

Then why is it a dangerous road? I think it's more dangerous to keep going the way we have been going and acting like the Cold War is still going on.

TheHand If you need a hand
12/17/16 2:50 pm

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the beginning of your earlier post.......A dangerous road where we..........etc.

Carcano Luke 10 19
12/17/16 2:55 pm

Oh I see lmao. The poll asks if Republicans are going down a dangerous road. That's why i said that, and then I listed a bunch of things that were the opposite of dangerous.

TheHand If you need a hand
12/17/16 3:23 pm

Whew! I thought you were going to declare war there for a minute, lol.
Heil Hitlery!

TheHand If you need a hand
12/17/16 3:01 am

I don't see a warmth as you put it but a mutuality between Trump and Putin as in equal adversarial strength in comparison to the Strength/Weakling appearance of the Putin/Obama relationship.

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
12/17/16 2:58 am

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

lj74
12/16/16 11:19 pm

I believe that the poll you are referring to was a comparison of Putin to Obama and their leadership abilities.