Pollcaster97 December 17th, 2016 4:57am

Are pit bulls aggressive because of how they were trained or because they are bred that way?

Texas1 location
12/16/16 11:45 pm

I'm not completely sure, I said trained so I could comment. I've seen far too many pits that were the sweetest, loving pets for it to be the breed. I can think of two that look like they are on steroids and they like in a wrecker service yard, those two scary looking dogs are the biggest babies and love meeting people.

DawnDanes New Jersey
12/17/16 7:09 am

No it's not. Good grief. It's the people. When I was growing up it was Shepard's, then Dobermans being blamed like Pitts are now.

Think Lovin Life
12/17/16 8:54 am

Right, the locking jaw is a learned attribute. Keep telling yourself that as more innocents die at those jaws.

Texas1 location
12/17/16 10:10 am

Dobermans and Shepherds are trained to NOT let go all the time. I have two pits that will NOT even play bite, I also have a Lab that will bite the shit outta you till he is given command to stop. So you point is?

Texas1 location
12/17/16 10:19 am

I am old enough to have had several pets their entire lives too. I have learned over the years that they each have their own unique personalities. But I do believe that lack of discipline and leadership most any dog can be dangerous. I believe it is FAR more common that people improperly train or total lack of training creates "bad" dogs than the dog being born "bad". If you are segregating a particular breed because of propaganda you are doing nothing better than racism! Additionally, I would be the threat if anyone harmed my pits.

Texas1 location
12/17/16 10:35 am

youtu.be/k3KZq9VR88k

Real killer there, I guess you're right...

DawnDanes New Jersey
12/17/16 11:41 am

think, do you or have you owned Put bulls? They are an awesome outgoing friendly breed. I have raised and had the opportunity to be involved with many breeds in my life and have rarely seen bad dogs, but lots and lots of bad owners. SMH.