TopsQueen December 17th, 2016 2:50am

FICTIONAL. Aaron 5, is fatally ill. However, if they can find a plasma donor his life will be saved. Bruce, his father, is a 100% match. Bruce, however does not like pain child-support and refuses to donate. Maria takes him to court. How do you rule?

commonsense The best for a reason
12/17/16 7:49 pm

His body is his own. 4th amndmt?

liam2013 iowa
12/17/16 5:36 pm

It is the ass hole choice, no court in the can force him to be a donor only his conscience if he has one.

OrkieDorkie this Purrssy grabs back
12/17/16 2:23 pm

I would give him a choice. I would calmly explain to him "you either donate plasma to your child that you ain't ever lifted a finger to support or they will never find your body because it will be spread out all over the United States in 19 different states, not that anyone would even bother looking for you. You know actually, I think I'll just feed you to the hogs because I believe in recycling. Because If you can't even be bothered to save the life of your own child, you don't deserve to go on living. Go ahead and play with me b I t c h - you know I'm crazy!" 🔪💣💊⚒⛓⚰️☠️😠

Sometimes you just have to handle shiznit in your own way. 😈

J/k 😉. mostly

OldLady
12/19/16 5:12 am

I've heard hogs will eat anything and everything

OrkieDorkie this Purrssy grabs back
12/19/16 7:03 am

They will. Their digestive systems are amazing. They can convert rotten or decomposing food into nutrients somehow. There is an unfortunately large number of murder victims disposed of this way. It has tainted my opinion of ham and pork chops. 🤢

OldLady
12/19/16 7:32 am

Yes an acquaintance raises hogs because he has hog dogs. When my daughter was going through her divorce he said send him out to visit me...your problem will be gone, GONE!

OldLady
12/19/16 7:32 am

After he told me that I thought about Jimmy Hoffa

corino Utah
12/17/16 2:15 pm

It's a little needle. He will suffer a little pain for the sake of his offspring or his lawyer is under court order to punch him in the nose until he changes his mind.

F1Dan Parked in your spot
12/17/16 12:08 pm

His body his choice

corino Utah
12/17/16 2:17 pm

If it was his choice he wouldn't be in MY court room.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/17/16 8:47 am

Go to the media. Make his life a living hell. If it's allowed in his state, throw him in jail for back child support, if he owns any. Work out a deal with Maria so his payments are ceased or lessened. If Bruce has even visitation rights then he's supposed to be responsible as a parent. Perhaps a neglect charge could be brought.
It's Bruce's decision but decisions can have ramifications.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/17/16 10:26 pm

Smart boy. that's what I was thinking.

lovedaresyou in the clouds
12/17/16 7:51 am

Bruce is a horrible person, but if he doesn't want to donate then he shouldn't have to

SouthernLaw Old North State
12/17/16 7:46 am

You can't force someone to give their blood. Even though Bruce is a TERRIBLE person.

kywrite augusta, ga
12/17/16 7:45 am

How about a complication to make it even harder: what if Aaron was conceived when scumbag Bruce raped Maria?

kywrite augusta, ga
12/17/16 7:42 am

Bruce is scum, and deserves the media making his life miserable. Every mother meeting him henceforth should punch him in the face, and every child should headbutt him in the groin.

That said, he is one hundred percent legally in the right. Just as women can deny life to a fetus, he can deny life to the child his sperm donation brought about.

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/17/16 12:30 am

Bruce is a serious jerk, but he probably won't face any penalty since in real life any donor with type AB blood would be suitable. Hypothetically, if only his blood could save the child, I hope the mother's lawyer can make a good legal argument.

swervin Maryland
12/16/16 11:53 pm

Gotta go with Bruce. He has the right to let his kid die, if he chooses. The same right that the mother had to abort the kid at 39 1/2 weeks.

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
12/17/16 2:08 am

Except that isn't legal sooooo...?

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
12/17/16 2:40 am

I mean, you do know that? Right?

F1Dan Parked in your spot
12/17/16 12:06 pm

Isn't 39.5 week abortion usually called "c section:?

saskiaelisabeth
12/16/16 10:55 pm

Hm. I would say anyone who is pro-life has to by principle vote in Maria's favor. Wondering if they all did, or if bodily rights only apply to men.

jfish82285 Tennessean in Colorado
12/16/16 9:33 pm

Bruce can be charged with neglect and possibly reckless endangerment should he allow his child to die needlessly.

Liberty Lets Use Logic
12/16/16 8:07 pm

Bruce is owned by Bruce, not Maria. Easy one.

Liberty Lets Use Logic
12/16/16 8:09 pm

Not to mention the whole concept of punishing someone for doing nothing.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/16/16 8:25 pm

People get punished for doing nothing all the time.
Pupils for not doing their homework, and more seriously, some countries punish you for failure to render assistance if you don't help someone in a life threatening situation despite being able to.

Liberty Lets Use Logic
12/17/16 10:34 am

That something happens currently is wholly irrelevant to the questions of what should happen. You're using the fallacy of tradition.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/16/16 8:05 pm

My compromise: exempt him from child support if he donates.

ctskapski NB MD
12/16/16 9:36 pm

I would support that ruling.

Maj Worth Economist
12/16/16 8:01 pm

I don't think that Bruce's person should be violated like that. But can charges be brought up if it can actually be demonstrated that he knowingly withheld his plasma so he didn't have a child because he didn't want to pay child support?

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/16/16 8:03 pm

Do you think it might be considered child abuse letting his son die unnecessarily?

presrvd Phoenix
12/16/16 8:05 pm

I don't know that you could go the route of child abuse, as it might seem to be forcing the plasma donation to rectify. Possibly negligence, but I'm not sure.....

Maj Worth Economist
12/16/16 8:38 pm

I was thinking neglect, too.

presrvd Phoenix
12/16/16 8:00 pm

As big of a shitbag that Bruce is for not wanting to help his own child, nobody has the right to his person but him.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/16/16 7:51 pm

And no guys you cannot go beat Bruce up. It's a matter of his civil rights and those of his son.