allconservative December 17th, 2016 12:16am

Do you think its okay to abort a baby if you were raped?

Elion Marxist Communist
12/19/16 3:21 am

Definitely, anyone should be able to get an abortion really. Did you know that there have been less abortions under Democratic presidents than Republican presidents? It's weird, right? Well, Democrats want to provide free birth control, which helps to prevent women from needing to get an abortion in the first place. So, really, you people are a bunch of hypocrites. You only care about the fetus while it's in the womb. After that, unless it's rich, white, and straight, you guys think it's somehow less than you. Don't even get me started on the death penalty. If you care so much about NO NO NO DON'T KILL PEOPLE!!!!! then you would not support the death penalty. You know those people were once fetuses too. Pretty crazy, huh?

thebarr
12/18/16 10:41 am

I would certainly treat that differently in the eyes of the law.

jlong105 Indiana
12/17/16 3:28 pm

If I was raped it would not make a child.

cyanospool The Deep North
12/17/16 1:53 pm

If it's past the point where the fetus is capable of experiencing suffering then no.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
12/17/16 12:52 pm

That's one of the few situations where I say yes. It's still not a good thing and should hopefully be taken care of with the morning after pill. Which I don't view the morning after pill as abortion.

Advil sc
12/18/16 7:52 am

I voted no but medical attention should be immediate.

cowboy Fweedom
12/17/16 12:11 pm

No. The child didn't commit any crimes.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/17/16 11:06 am

Absolutely not. If you're going to give someone the death penalty for rape, it should be the rapist, not the innocent, defenseless baby. If the mother does not want to raise the child, she should give someone else the opportunity to do so by putting the baby up for adoption, but murder is not acceptable in this or any other circumstance. ✟

PrinceOberyn Euoi Dionysos
12/17/16 12:33 am

I'm fine with it for any reason and at any time by virtue of not caring about it at all. Well, ok. I care just an to make the previous statement when these polls come up because abortion is completely overdone.

SpencerGraham Defy the Culture
12/16/16 11:43 pm

No no no no no no no! Never! Punish the criminal not the child!

Axl752 NY
12/17/16 8:14 am

Thats punishing the mother too. Forcing her to raise her rapists child, forcing her into a life she didn't choose.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/17/16 11:07 am

Axl, you are forgetting adoption. But then again, most people usually do forget adoption. It is a perfectly viable option, especially in this type of case.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/17/16 11:08 am

Except for the child, I guess…

TrueAmerican Christian Conservative
12/16/16 9:03 pm

Abortion is abortion! It's still killing a human being no matter what the reason is! So No!

BlackC
12/17/16 7:44 am

So you prefer women using coat hangars in a back alley to remove the fetus ( not a baby) ?

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/17/16 11:11 am

No, moron, we prefer women going through with the pregnancy and then, if necessary, putting the child (not a fetus) up for adoption. Only a minuscule number of women ever "need" to abort their babies, and those are the very few women with ectopic or tubal pregnancies which will kill both mother and child if allowed to continue.

BlackC
12/17/16 5:41 pm

Delusional. You don't like abortion and you don't like welfare but u think unwanted fetuses are eventually adoptable ? You must live in a gated community - totally out of touch .

TrueAmerican Christian Conservative
12/17/16 7:18 pm

No! You're delusional! You want to kill babies! You know if someone ever killed a born baby you would call that guy delusional! There's no difference between abortion and killing a baby that's born!

BlackC
12/17/16 9:09 pm

I will bet you would kill a dr or nurse to save protoplasm. Makes no sense. Just so you can convince yourself your first century thinking is the only way.

TrueAmerican Christian Conservative
12/17/16 9:13 pm

That makes no sense! You are putting up half ass points to defend you're useless thoughtless opinion!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/17/16 11:15 pm

I don't live in a gated community; I'm not rich; I don't suffer from "white privilege." Take your assumptions and stuff them somewhere, and learn to ask friendly questions of strangers instead of just assuming we're all your oppressors and enemies. Here, watch carefully:
• I don't know you at all, but it seems from some of your comments that you might be black. Am I right in assuming that?
See, I asked a friendly question, without any hostility or prejudice. Now see if you can respond with a civil answer, and maybe a question about MY background. I'll wait quietly.

ZackSilva Rhode Island
12/16/16 7:16 pm

I'm mainly pro-life but no woman should have to keep a child from someone who could have STDs or mental sickness.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/17/16 11:12 am

It is disturbing how easily people forget adoption. All she has to do is put the child up for adoption, and then no one has to die for the father's crime.

BlackC
12/17/16 5:42 pm

Check out how well foster homes work out for kids before you think there is a home out there for every kid

TrueAmerican Christian Conservative
12/17/16 9:14 pm

Better to have a kid that I'm a foster home then to be dead!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/17/16 11:05 pm

Statistically, for every child aborted in the US, there is a couple waiting to adopt him or her. No need to enter the foster system.

kawaiichan somewhere
12/16/16 7:09 pm

It depends on the woman, and if she chooses to do so then no one should have a negative opinion of that woman.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/17/16 11:14 am

If she chooses to kill her child rather than put it up for adoption, how can anyone NOT have a negative opinion of such a heartless decision?

kawaiichan somewhere
12/17/16 11:27 am

So you're basically saying it's ok that man raped that woman and made her pregnant? It isn't a heartless decision, people die every hour of everyday. Sure in the eyes of the public her decision may not be popular, but she was raped it should be her decision to get rid of the child or not. Afterall she didn't get a choice when a man raped her and humiliated her.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/17/16 11:59 am

No. I will preface my answer by saying that it seems that you may be a rape victim, and if that is the case, I am extremely sorry and you have my deepest sympathy's. However, I am by no means saying that it's OK that the woman was raped. I would love to see harsher penalties for rapists, and I'm not sure that I would oppose the death penalty in some rape cases. But I am absolutely opposed to giving the death penalty to the innocent child produced by that horrendous act. That child is still a human being with the right to life. I am saying that if the mother chooses to have the child murdered instead of taking the easy option of putting the child up for adoption, she is making a heartless decision, and I don't see how you can possibly refute that. Frankly, no one deserves the choice to end another human being's life, unless you are killing an adult attacker in self-defense.

BlackC
12/17/16 5:42 pm

Correction it's a potential baby - not a baby

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/17/16 11:01 pm

I don't know anything about you, and you don't know anything about me. But don't EVER presume to "correct" my word choice. I'm recognized as the resident SoH expert on the English language. If I choose to say "baby," it's because I have a reason to do so.

⚜ ᎢᎻᎬ ᏩᎡᎪᎷᎷᎪᎡ ᏢᎾᏞᏆᏟᎬ ⚜

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
12/16/16 6:46 pm

I still don't think it's morally acceptable, but I can support it being legal if it's very early in the pregnancy.

theduke25 Christian Conservative
12/16/16 6:25 pm

I think instead of funding Planned Parenthood, the government should fund adoption centers. But, if it were legal, only the first trimester. Otherwise, I disagree.

Nuclear Boaty McBoatface
12/17/16 2:21 am

Lol they do. Actually.

Also they give the adopters tax breaks.

EarlyBird Portland
12/16/16 6:10 pm

Only during the first trimester.

Axl752 NY