PamGH December 16th, 2016 11:36pm

Williams arrested for selling $40 of drugs. Bail $10,000. Unable to come up w/ $1,000 he has sat in jail for 1 yr. His son was born, his sister died, he lost his job and car. On top of that tax-payers foot the incarceration costs. Sounds pretty

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/17/16 11:31 am

Sounds like he should've thought about all those consequences before he broke the law and sold drugs.

Okie1967 Defend the Police
12/16/16 9:24 pm

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step..............so watch your step.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
12/16/16 7:29 pm

One good thing, if he ever gets out he'll think long and hard about ever selling drugs again...

LordSpartacus
12/16/16 6:08 pm

This user is currently being ignored

orgblu10 Shamerica
12/16/16 5:45 pm

No, it doesn't SOUND fair, but how many lives were ruined by the drugs he sold? My empathy ends when the person starts pushing drugs.

clmcd42 Texas
12/16/16 6:23 pm

Oh please, give me a break, you act as if he ruined other people's lives by selling them drugs. If somebody got their life ruined by drugs, they are responsible for taking the drugs. It is not their dealer's fault, that's stupid

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
12/16/16 7:47 pm

Not the dealer's fault? You've got to be fucking kidding...

clmcd42 Texas
12/16/16 8:06 pm

Does the dealer force people to take drugs? Obviously not. How about drug users take responsibility. That's like blaming gun manufacturers for selling guns to people who commit mass murders.

MyRedSkirt Cali
12/16/16 5:23 pm

I wonder how many people would change their vote if they had known he had priors.

badattitude no place like home
12/16/16 5:16 pm

Using drugs. Whatever. It's your body. Selling drugs? It depends. $40 worth of heroin could kill a kid easily. There were 32,000 kids killed last year from overdoses. Almost as much as the entire Vietnam war. Selling heroin could kill kids. Not good. How do you stop the pushers without killing freedom?

clmcd42 Texas
12/16/16 6:24 pm

Yeah I agree, selling drugs to kids is irresponsible, but it doesn't say he sold heroin to children, so...

badattitude no place like home
12/16/16 6:36 pm

Yeah. There's got to be more to this story. The system doesn't have room for guys like this to sit around for a year. Where was his court public defender? He should have got him time served after a week or two. What really happened here?

badattitude no place like home
12/16/16 6:37 pm

JackTor said; I have no sympathy for this guy. He had at least 3 prior violent felony convictions on his record. Apparently he isn't getting the message or learning his lesson. If it were me, I would have ordered him held without bail.

badattitude no place like home
12/16/16 6:43 pm

Oh hey. I was tell the guy above what you said. It makes total sense. Thanks

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
12/16/16 5:02 pm

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/16/16 5:15 pm

I see. I didn't read up but here, previous offenses weighed in.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
12/16/16 5:19 pm

Whenever you see a judge holding someone with a seemingly innocuous offense to a high bail, this is usually the reason. It's not some sort of inequality regarding fiscal status. That's preposterous.

badattitude no place like home
12/16/16 6:37 pm

I knew there was more to this story. Thanks

Praetorianus Fair enough.
12/16/16 4:41 pm

Outrageous. The sentence is too stiff.
A few months probation would have done it.