5knuckledpika December 16th, 2016 7:08pm

I watched the new star wars movie last night, its my 2nd favorite, behind empire of course. So inspired by that my question to you is what is your favorite moment from the star wars movies?

AmericanHero Oregon
12/18/16 11:54 pm

I have 3
1: When Vader saves Luke. That moment was so powerful. Luke refusing to kill his Father and join the dark side was what shifted Vader to the light. Everything he'd done was for family. He swore to not fail his mother again, and he swore to protect Padmé, the only family he had left. Seeing Vader shift back to the light to save his family when he originally turned to the dark to save his family was very touching.

2: The battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin. That fight could not have been done any better. Seeing those two long best friends fight literally in the middle of a volcano was epic. I could feel the emotion as Obi-Wan held back, and Anakin releasing all of his rage. Choreography was on point, and the final part with Anakin being left at the volcano with Obi-Wan's heart broken was so emotional to watch.

3: Han Solo's death. Watching that was like a sucker punch. And his final move before falling to oblivion was to touch his sons face. Heart breaking😭😭😭

AmericanHero Oregon
12/18/16 11:56 pm

Rogue One was also a very good movie. Worthy of the Original trilogy.

RunnerDude
12/16/16 6:37 pm

Darth Vader Luke Skywalker episode 6 lightsaber battle

5knuckledpika California
12/16/16 5:56 pm

I'd disagree with you, rouge one in my opinion was probably as good if not better than new hope. It had the right amount of action, comedy relief, cinematography, and was very well acted and directed. I felt like I was watching a marvel movie, and their movies always are great. So yea this one is probably one of the best, and I found it better than episode 7 ^_^.

5knuckledpika California
12/16/16 5:57 pm

@clmcd42 sorry I meant to press respond on your comment but I wasn't thinking.

clmcd42 Texas
12/16/16 6:05 pm

I just didn't find it as exciting as episodes 4-7. The characters in my opinion weren't as well made, although I thought the acting was decent.

Trying not to spoil anything for people who haven't seen it yet who might be reading this, but I thought Vader was done very poorly. He wasn't a major character in it, but he really didn't seem like the same character.

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
12/16/16 5:55 pm

Star Wars Bar.

Reminds me of someplace I wandered into in San Antonio.

clmcd42 Texas
12/16/16 5:27 pm

My favorite was Empire also. This one for me was better than all of the prequels obviously, but I don't think it was better than any of the real Star Wars movies

clmcd42 Texas
12/16/16 5:28 pm

I guess I didn't fully read the question. My favorite moment from the Star Wars movies is really cliche, but when Luke finds out Vader is his father was a great moment in the trilogy.

ronderman North Carolina
12/16/16 4:53 pm

Yoda light saber battle.

When Han says to Chewie: We're home.

patrioticparody Pale Blue Dot
12/16/16 3:37 pm

The moment after I finished watching the Matrix trilogy and decide to fire up the Star Wars saga and immediately realize that it's garbage. When I was a kid Star Wars was so cool but now all I see is the bad acting, poor direction and unrealistic cinematography. :(

5knuckledpika California
12/16/16 5:51 pm

Lol yea, but it's kinda ironic you mention the matrix. Sure star wars might not be the smartest sci-fi, or realistic, but at least its going strong today. Unlike the matrix, it had one good movie and two turds, and the 2 directors of the matrix are the laughing stock of Hollywood.

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
12/16/16 2:03 pm

When Vader throws Palpatine to his death - before Lucas ruined it with that cornball "Nooo". I swear he hates his own fans.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/16/16 1:46 pm

How to pick just one? The flight through the asteroid field in 'Empire' was dazzling. The subsequent escape from the belly of the worm was a big surprise the first time I saw it.

orgblu10 Shamerica
12/16/16 12:52 pm

When all the characters were together again near the end of Return Of The Jedi.

I also saw Rogue One last night!

kawaiichan somewhere
12/16/16 12:15 pm

Lucky, I'm going tonight also my favorite moment is the saber battle between Luke and Vader 😇

callen002 Cincinnati
12/16/16 12:10 pm

Destruction of Death Star in original

5knuckledpika California
12/16/16 12:10 pm

My favorite moment from the star wars movies, is the hoth battle it was very entertaining♥♥♥♥