KatG July 11th, 2013 7:09am

iTunes, once again, deleted all of my music. Has this happened to you?

qwe FEED THE BABY
07/13/13 10:35 pm

I'm sorry to hear that it happen to you. It happen to me like 5years ago, after it happen and all the time it took to get my music back and to borrow cd's from my cousin to get most of my music back, I went out and got a external hard drive and from

qwe FEED THE BABY
07/13/13 10:35 pm

there I've put all my music on it and run a back up every time I buy or get new music.

thewreckage
07/11/13 8:42 pm

I'd be really upset if that happened to me. I've heard that if you check some kind of folder where your iTunes music is stored, it will be there. I'm sorry, never happened to me so I could be very wrong! Maybe search ....

thewreckage
07/11/13 8:43 pm

Like where you click start, the search bar thing? A song you knew you had that you had, and see if you can find it?? Hope you can fix it!!

CBunny Oakland, CA
07/11/13 12:34 pm

I never download music. I listen to Pandora, Songza, or vinyl records.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
07/11/13 7:43 am

I started using iTunes Match and it has made my music life a lot easier.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/11/13 6:09 am

It happened to me about two years ago when I got the iPad and as a result installed an update to iTunes. When I went to add some music to the iPod I'd had for years, iTunes erased all of it. I'd NEVER let iTunes manage my music again.

moonshot More often I know nothing
07/11/13 2:35 am

I deleted iTunes years ago and never looked back. I use spotify for music now. I can still sync my personal music library to the service plus I get their amazing free song selection. I really like it. iTunes is really bad.

stickman46 NJ
07/11/13 1:30 am

That happen to me. Check my music folder and drag them into iTunes. Also post a question to Macworld - they are always helpful.

Ernest Make it so
07/11/13 12:25 am

It could be a problem with your iTunes profile file. Are the files still there in your music folder? Or is the folder empty?

Ernest Make it so
07/11/13 1:09 am

That is not good... What are your iTunes preference settings? It's located under: edit/preferences/advanced. You should see the iTunes media folder location. Do you have "keep iTunes media folder organized" selected?

Ernest Make it so
07/11/13 1:10 am

If no files were located in your music folder, try searching your PC/Mac for audio files... Maybe they are not where they should?

KatG Liberal in Ohio
07/11/13 1:12 am

Ok, I'll check when I get up in the AM. I can't move right now....I have two dogs asleep on my legs....lol. But seriously, I appreciate the help. :)

Ernest Make it so
07/11/13 1:18 am

Keep me posted, I'll try to help the best that I can (: and I know the feeling... My cats sometimes ambush me and think I'm a comfy bed...

susanr Colorado
07/11/13 12:13 am

Never. I don't understand how that can even happen.

KatG Liberal in Ohio
07/11/13 12:22 am

I don't either, but it did. The only music still on there is what I bought through iTunes. All of my uploaded CD music and what I've purchased from amazon are gone.

KatG Liberal in Ohio
07/11/13 12:11 am

This is the third time in two years that its done this to me. It takes days for me to upload all my music. :( :(