07/15/12 6:15 pm

I'm Jewish and practice - but I'm not orthodox

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/12/12 8:00 am

awesome- you're still a bigger percentage than Muslims!!!!

awesomesauce7
07/11/12 10:39 pm

Wow, us Jews are of short number on this app...

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/09/12 10:49 pm

JustSaying- yes, you are correct. I was wrong to imply they all refused to accept Him. That was silly of me since I know the majority of His followers then were Jewish!!! Thank you for pointing that out! :-)

crquinones
07/09/12 10:11 pm

My gramma called us jews for wandering, eating with a coat on, wearing a hat in the house, favoring pickles, and a few other things. It took me a long time to figure out what a jew was when i was a kid.

Chopper2 Georgia
07/09/12 6:41 pm

Well I practice a form of kaballah/qabalah which is Jewish mysticism.

johnnyb99
07/09/12 6:33 pm

Hmmm I thought there were more

Ganji
07/09/12 4:01 pm

Go Washington! One word: Schechter...

emsies Seattle
07/09/12 3:11 pm

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!
Represent!
Shalom!

applestar Florida
07/09/12 1:43 pm

We plan to raise our children to understand both religions and allow them to make their own choices as they grow up.

applestar Florida
07/09/12 1:43 pm

I was raised catholic, my husband Jewish. I love learning about religions, although I have no actual faith myself. I am more in to the morals and lessons to be learned than the "god" aspect of it all.

07/09/12 1:28 pm

No but we do keep a box of Kosher salt in the cupboards.

FrankZappa New York
07/09/12 12:51 pm

@JustSaying, I ignored the "religiously". Any minority that I am technically a part of gets my support, especially here. And I believe it was added because us Jews are a reasonable people, who go atheist more often.

at777t
07/09/12 12:35 pm

Typical. The Anti-Atheist troll is also the Antisemitic troll.

JustSaying
07/09/12 12:16 pm

@jms
Addendum: The Jews were divided on whether Jesus was the Messiah. Thousands of Jews believed He was. Many more believed He wasn't. I assume others were undecided or apathetic.
Remember the Jews were made of Pharisees, Sadducees, Essenes, Messianics, the Diaspora, etc.

JustSaying
07/09/12 12:01 pm

I wonder how different the #'s would be if the question did not add "religiously".
And why wasn't it added to other questions about Catholics Muslims Mormons and Protestants?

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/09/12 9:58 am

optimist- what do you mean Jews have no savior? They truly believe their savior will come. They don't recognize Jesus as their savior because they thought scriptures mean he will come with an actual army, swords, etc. to conquer the world and set up his kingdom. It didn't happen then but it will.

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/09/12 9:49 am

unholy- they don't do animal sacrifice at this time. There is no Temple or Priests with proper authority to perform the sacrifice. Christians accept it because we are the result of Judaism. Jesus was a Jew and came to fulfill the prophecies that had been taught for generations about the Messiah.

07/09/12 8:33 am

Judaism is an odd ancient religion. Animal sacrifices and stuff. But the weird part is Christianity accepts that.

optimist6 Fort Wayne, IN
07/09/12 8:12 am

Jesus was... isn't that awkward? Nope, because a Jew is a person with no savior, and Jesus was his own. I guess you could call him a Catholic now...

DavesNotHere where am I
07/09/12 5:05 am

Usnavyvet, glad you're not. You shame the great Navy I seved in. Loservet you are.

CP
07/09/12 2:03 am

But no, I am the 3% I guess .

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
07/08/12 11:54 pm

Not religiously, but heritage-wise I technically am. One of my ancestors was supposedly thrown out of her Jewish family and community in the 1800's for becoming pregnant out of wedlock (or at least that's the story) and subsequently left the faith.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/08/12 11:34 pm

Found out I am by blood a few years ago.

FakeSound Arizona
07/08/12 10:43 pm

I wonder how many trolls answered "yes" on all three of these questions.

FakeSound Arizona
07/08/12 10:41 pm

I'm not gonna lie, I laughed when I filtered it by income.

07/08/12 9:40 pm

I think we would all be amazed at the results.

07/08/12 9:40 pm

Hell, I'll even throw a submission in for the admins: Would you prefer that the US remove all aspects, references, and benefits to religious organizations or leave them in their current state? Or the one you just proposed: Would you like to see a complete eradication of all world religions?

07/08/12 9:39 pm

@veritas: go to any of the polls that remotely deal with any aspect of the Christian faith (or even the ones that ask something benign like "do you prefer apples or grapefruit?") and read the comments. (cont)

commonsense Pedo Joe
07/08/12 9:38 pm

Nope. But they are the most peaceful people there is.

veritas1 Panda
07/08/12 8:54 pm

@O'13 Who is pushing for the complete eradication of religion from society?! That's a complete misrepresentation of people's views.

I think people oft mistake criticism of the veracity of a belief with attacks on the righteousness of the believers. Let alone calls for complete removal from society

07/08/12 8:35 pm

to be the ones that dominated the early colonies (and the native Americans had a really bad immigration policy) you could say that God had both an active and inactive roll in the formation of the US.

07/08/12 8:35 pm

@frankzappa: as far as the other poll and God playing an active roll in the formation of the US... it largely depends on your religious philosophy and definition of active. Regardless of your belief and definition, the puritans came here to escape religious persecution. Since they seemed (cont)

07/08/12 8:18 pm

It always seems that the progressive anti religious zeitgeist of the day, turn into yesterday's Hitler and Stalin. There needs to be a happy medium, complete removal of religion from society is just as dangerous as total domination of society by religion.

07/08/12 8:02 pm

@frankzappa: I do, I think there's more to it as well. Many of those people are also being extremely hypocritical. "Tolerate this, don't judge me for that" then turn around in the same breath and say "I can't stand you because you are a Christian, you're all homophobes"

FrankZappa New York
07/08/12 7:36 pm

I get it, thanks, good to hear. But do you understand why I think Christianity gets "attacked" more.

07/08/12 7:31 pm

Those who feel it necessary to stand on a soapbox and proclaim all religions are for the weak minded and nothing but fairy tails are no better than the ones who wait for the soapbox to empty before they take their turn and tell everyone they're going to hell. Let ppl believe what they want. In peace

07/08/12 7:24 pm

how my church is wrong, and theirs is right. I also don't ascribe to the "fire and brimstone" teachings that some do either. One should feel better after going to church not depressed. Same goes for those that don't believe; I don't harass you, don't harass me. Take it up with the ones you're mad at

FrankZappa New York
07/08/12 7:23 pm

O13, and I don't think any Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, or Wiccan would ever say g-d had an "active" role in the formation of America.

Again, sorry for going out on that limb, but no other religion has such branches here.

USA
07/08/12 7:22 pm

USNavyVet. You say heck no with with such a negative tone, why?

07/08/12 7:21 pm

I think that is what most have a problem with. Some of those that perform missionary work come across as condescending and intrusive. The last thing I want on any given afternoon with my family is someone coming up and asking if I have heard about Jesus and then telling me (cont)

07/08/12 7:21 pm

@frankzappa: no need to apologize to me, I am a "nobody". I do agree with the intrusiveness of some that proselytize. If I, or anyone, ask I view it as an invitation. Other than that I don't feel it should be done. It's a very narrow tightrope and should be handled with extreme care. (cont)

FrankZappa New York
07/08/12 6:37 pm

O13, okay, sorry. Just the proselytizing then.
It's intrusive and condescending.

07/08/12 6:31 pm

ldrshp=leadership. Ran out of room, had to abbreviate.

07/08/12 6:30 pm

Those who commit crimes in the name of whatever God they worship are no better than those who say that religion in general is at fault or should be held accountable. Additionally, those in ldrshp who sympathize, assist, or refuse to denounce those actions are as culpable as those who perform the act

07/08/12 6:23 pm

more Christian than the so called "Muslims" who high jacked the planes on 9/11. By your rationale all blacks are criminals, all football coaches are pedophiles, all Mexicans are illegal aliens, and everyone from Pakistan owns a 7-11.