Kris July 10th, 2013 6:07pm

Generally speaking from your own experiences, when is the "average" time for someone to have settled down and have a child?

XercesBlue ...
07/13/13 12:31 am

Our town doesn't have a stigma against teenage pregnancies. My first week of work, one of the office ladies told me I was the only one without children and that I need to make some. I'm 22.. I would adore children, but am wiling to wait a three years

XercesBlue ...
07/13/13 12:32 am

When I can make 20k more and earn it!

gwabby am i solids or stripes
07/11/13 1:32 am

I'm glad we waited. We got all our crazies out of our system and then grew up. I was 31 when we had our first.

Marley17 or is it just me...
07/10/13 8:11 pm

I know a lot of people who decided to start a family or have kids early

lmurder MDK
07/10/13 6:13 pm

Depends. I have some friends that didn't go to college and started a family early. They seem miserable to me even though their name will be carried on.
On the other hand I'm living the dream and my sperm can wait. Love having my freedom.

angryathiest seeing double
07/10/13 2:09 pm

Having a chile and settling down are 2 totally different things. But over all I'd say like 25.

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
07/10/13 1:08 pm

The key here is making the deliberate choice to have kids. Kids "happen" at younger ages. Kids are a choice at older ages. At even older ages they are a struggle to produce.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/10/13 12:49 pm

My brother and both sisters were in their thirties before they started having kids. So we're most of my friends who have kids, although my two best single-mom friends were both only in their late teens to early twenties.

Wink
07/10/13 12:38 pm

The vast majority of my family and friends are in the 28+ category. I was 26 when our son was born, and that was not part of our "plan". I wanted to be married and travel for 5-6 years before having kids. Instead we had an oops--best oops ever.

LochnessMonster Milky way
07/10/13 12:18 pm

That's all personal choice. I've had all my kids at a young age because I want to retire early.

commonsense America isnt racist
07/10/13 12:17 pm

You want your child to have good things and a good stable home environment. Most of the time, it takes people longer than 27 to achieve those things. Although there are always exceptions.

Emily33 North Carolina
07/10/13 12:13 pm

Most people in my family have waited till 28+. Personally I can't see myself having kids before then.

Octopus
07/10/13 11:51 am

I said "27 and below" because that's the age range everyone in my family has done so, and even a lot of friends. But personally, I'll probably wait longer to have kids. I have to get through med school first.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
07/10/13 11:48 am

Average is younger but I don't think it's a good idea. I don't feel I have enough life experience yet to responsibly raise a child. I'm waiting to hit 30 before I get married and that's the pre req for kids for me.

Zimmeress Make Me Laugh
07/10/13 11:53 am

Yes!! Very intelligent choice, IMO.

HayleyS looking up.
07/10/13 11:44 am

Most people I know it was 27 and below. But like they would get married at 25 and have a kid at 27. Something like that.

I want two kids and to have them both by 30. I just want to be able to see my grand kids grow up.

HayleyS looking up.
07/10/13 11:46 am

One set of my grandparents had my mom at 20. They are rather young for grandparents- just now at retirement age.
I love that.

My other grandmother died before I was born, and my grandpa died when I was 8. They had my dad when they were 40

Zimmeress Make Me Laugh
07/10/13 11:39 am

Knowing what I know now? 28 and above. I had my first child at 30 and am glad my body waited.

CarrieMarie Mad Science Crew
07/10/13 11:34 am

My friends/family are on both sides of the spectrum. I guess I say 28+ though for the "average"

Jeninerd Hoth, AK
07/10/13 11:14 am

Most members of my family had children before they were 21.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/10/13 11:11 am

In my rural small town area it is below 27 because most people only go to two years of college (community college tech training) max so they start their families earlier

Kay41 the Midwest
07/10/13 11:10 am

I chose 27 and below because I think it was true of my generation.