Show Of Hands October 8th, 2012 12:00am

On social issues, are you more liberal or conservative?

ComradeAlex California
10/17/12 7:27 am

Yes Danrepub I am a socialist and proud of it!

DanIndepen Ohio
10/15/12 5:48 pm

So then you against Obamacare?

ComradeAlex California
10/13/12 8:46 pm

Conservatism sucks

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
10/13/12 8:35 pm

Empleto, you would fit right into Communist China. You would execute pastors for refusing to perform same-sex "marriages"? That's really fucked up.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
10/13/12 8:30 pm

What's happened to Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and Kentucky? They used to have a conservative brain in their heads.

Swiftie3166
10/11/12 7:38 pm

@superusa You explained me perfectly.

ComradeAlex California
10/11/12 6:16 pm

I am soo liberal.. More than most in this country!

Emma Austin.ish.
10/11/12 2:48 pm

wow, really? so even though I side with liberals in just about every other area, you say that? this is why i'm an independent.

aiiiron
10/11/12 10:12 am

Gary Johnson is on the ballot in Pennsylvania as of yesterday!
48 States + DC!

YaThatsWright California
10/10/12 11:39 pm

You don't have to be Christian to get married.

soulfighter
10/10/12 7:46 pm

I'm soo excited to remove all "illegals" bc I can't wait to pay triple for food, a home, hotel rates, etc. Great idea!

Does anyone think about the "what if" trust me you may not like it.

chemist1
10/10/12 3:21 pm

I think his kind is going extinct (get it haha Dino)

rb928 Northern Kentucky
10/10/12 11:52 am

Yes God married one man and one woman but MAN placed legal stipulation on marriage. No free passing of estates, no second parent adoption in most states, no joint tax benefits. That was MAN'S doing, not God's. God set the example for procreation and not everything else.

JFradley Hawaii
10/10/12 10:42 am

Biblical marriage is also for slaves, rape victims, concubines and multiple wives. Is that the tradition that you are protecting?

BadWolf The Library
10/10/12 9:24 am

Civil unions don't have the same rights. That's what's wrong.

scalzi04
10/10/12 7:44 am

Mitwister: my point is there are some laws, government or natural, that should be enforced even if its against the choice a person would otherwise make.

scalzi04
10/10/12 7:41 am

Mitwister: he said treat people the way you would want to be treated and I am. I don't want anyone to have the right to same sex marriage including myself. I wouldn't use it if it were a right, but my point is I am treating others the way I want to be treated.

scalzi04
10/10/12 7:36 am

Civil unions already exist and allow the same tax and legal privileges as a marriage. What's wrong with the current set up of civil unions?

superusa0764
10/09/12 11:24 pm

I'm extremely conservative, but when it comes to gay rights, I believe that it should be legalized. Who am I to say one person can't be with another? However, I feel the term "civil union" would be a better term than "marriage" because marriage was established for a man and a woman...

DanMaclean Michigan
10/09/12 10:27 pm

Icpshootz: there are over 1000 federal laws that reference "marriage."

To make civil unions equal to marriage you need to change every single law.

Its much easier/practical to simply change the definition of marriage to include GLBTQ people.

budlight Michigan
10/09/12 9:39 pm

100% Conservative...of course liberals win the vote..those people dont pay for them only benefit from them

chivalry74
10/09/12 8:49 pm

Independent all the way baby!

Emma Austin.ish.
10/09/12 6:17 pm

pro-life democrat. you tell me.

USA1st
10/09/12 6:16 pm

JamJay is 100% correct on those issues!

icpshootyz
10/09/12 6:06 pm

Govt should stay out of the family . . . except to remove children from the family because they can't afford them. Gotcha. Real consistent, bucko.

10/09/12 5:41 pm

Im not joking, They refuse federal law, they get fried, shot, or injected.

Itabliss Hello
10/09/12 4:49 pm

By the way, does refusing amnesty or citizenship to those with family in this country count as government interfering with family?

EarlyBird Portland
10/09/12 4:41 pm

If someone is aborted, how can they have one?

pcfz
10/09/12 4:38 pm

What are you talking about? Marriage doesn't necessarily mean in to be married in church. They want marriage instead if civil union because marriage brings greater LEGAL benefits. No church is gonna be forced to do anything. The gov can't tell a church to allow women to be priests. (Catholic church)

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
10/09/12 4:31 pm

I believe that all illegal persons in this country should be removed from the space within our borders. Yes, even if.....Period.
If you have kids that you can not pay for they should be removed from your care.
You should only live in a house that you can afford.
Gov should stay out of the fam

gvillecane
10/09/12 4:29 pm

Social issues are not your business! People should be able to do almost anything they want. I call it freedom...

BadWolf The Library
10/09/12 3:47 pm

@scal separate but equal never works. If you want marriage to stay religious, then call all government marriage civil unions.

BadWolf The Library
10/09/12 3:42 pm

@scal did you try to compare marriage to stop lights? Really?

BadWolf The Library
10/09/12 3:41 pm

@scal you don't want to be allowed to marry someone of the same sex? First of that's either worded terribly or you have some issues. Second, why does your personal preference dictate my rights?

innate1 Georgia
10/09/12 3:37 pm

Let people do what they want, marry whoever they want as long as it isn't physically hurting someone else. That being said, don't sue the priest who doesn't want to marry any couple, it's all about free choice.

BadWolf The Library
10/09/12 3:36 pm

Civil unions aren't equal. And marriage is obviously more than religious since the government acknowledges it. The religious side of marriage has never even been the issue

BadWolf The Library
10/09/12 3:34 pm

The issue is not, was not, and will never be about religious ceremonies. The government will acknowledge the marriage. Nobody cares what the churches do.

Arkansas123 Neoconservative
10/09/12 3:22 pm

Freedom of religion. If an extremist black church refused to wed one of its congregants to a white woman, then it should suffer no legal penalty. I would hope, however, that people choose not to join racist religious communities.

10/09/12 3:11 pm

Hmm let me guess you are gay?

Fact Fact
10/09/12 2:47 pm

I dont want to support anyone other than myself.

icpshootyz
10/09/12 2:33 pm

Like others have said, just make "marriage" a religious entity and make all government sanctioned unions "civil unions". Make marriage religious and civil union the only thing that government is involved in. Problem solved. I'm atheist, so civil union is fine with me.

scalzi04
10/09/12 1:59 pm

I guess but that seems like personal perception. You could say the same thing about adopted children compared to biological children. I'm sure the adoptive parents feel the same no matter what but people perceive it differently. I see your point though.

JFradley Hawaii
10/09/12 1:49 pm

scalz: I used to feel the same way you do, so I completely understand your question. If it is called something different, people automatically assign it differing priorities. The rights are the same, but some people would only have a "civil union," not a real "marriage." Catch my drift?

scalzi04
10/09/12 1:49 pm

Ishootzey: you're right it is hypothetical but I'd rather not take the chance that churches would be forced to compromise their beliefs or face consequences. Just let homosexual couples have civil unions and call it even.