eLucidate July 8th, 2013 7:13pm

George Zimmerman put on over 100 pounds between the incident and the trial. Stress or strategy?

eLucidate writing
07/08/13 11:24 pm

To make him seem harmless and not physically threatening.

eLucidate writing
07/08/13 4:21 pm

I'm not saying that I actually have any idea, but if it is strategy, it is really brilliant. I've been watching this trial most days (instead of working on my thesis) and am continually impressed by the strategy and logic used in the courtroom.

r3VOLution not of this world
07/08/13 2:03 pm

I'm more likely to believe stress. He was kind of a porker before the trial he has had over a year to wait for his day in court. I'd be more likely to believe it was strategy if he was ripped at the time of the incident.

DavesNotHere where am I
07/08/13 12:48 pm

He was under house arrest. Nothing to do but eat and be nervous.

camigirl
07/08/13 12:29 pm

Wow that's a lot of weight. Personally I think it's strategy. He wanted to look like a big teddy bear, and look out of shape in comparison to Martin who was relatively strong. It'll help in his story to make it look like it really was self defense.

eLucidate writing
07/08/13 12:37 pm

That's what I believe, especially after watching the route that the defense is taking today.

susanr Colorado
07/08/13 12:18 pm

Really, that much? I thought he looked chubbier in the face (not following the trial, but saw a very short news clip); had no idea it was that much.

Explain how it could be strategy.

ebailey1218 Over The Rainbow
07/08/13 12:25 pm

Because he doesn't look as intimidating And less ominous. Is what I had read

dramaschick All ways in my head
07/08/13 12:26 pm

It could be strategy because he is a trained mma fighter and it would like like he didn't have the physical ability to fight like he was trained.

I personally think its stress. It's gotta be hard to be on trial for murder

susanr Colorado
07/08/13 12:36 pm

OK, I can see that as strategy. Not sure it wouldn't just make him look bigger & more imposing, though. But I can see it.

And yeah, I'd eat too. It's what I do under stress. Unfortunately. (Also when happy, bored, etc. Damn.)

eLucidate writing
07/08/13 1:37 pm

There are photos if him around the time of the incident where he looks really tough and fit, now he looks 'fluffy'.