LeDerpityDerp July 8th, 2013 2:34pm

My boyfriend and I went to a series of concerts yesterday called Warped Tour. It was awesome.. But it was 91 degrees and sunny and we forgot our sunscreen. Now we're terribly burnt and can't use enough aloe. Have you ever had this similar problem?

MissN The Experiment
07/09/13 12:38 am

Nope, but tan easily.

brinrawson Knoxville and DC
07/08/13 10:56 am

I hope you had fun! I decided not to go this year.

LeDerpityDerp We are not our failures
07/08/13 11:08 am

We had a blast. And I wouldn't have if it weren't for my boyfriend. I didn't know a ton of bands this year.

brinrawson Knoxville and DC
07/08/13 1:24 pm

That's why I decided not to go. A good lineup, but not as great as it normally is.

stefanie22 Cincinnati
07/08/13 10:41 am

Yes, when I was 19, I went to metallica's summer sanitarium tour, and not a single person in our group remembered sunblock!!! Got a really nasty burn, but the funny thing was 1.5 days later my whole face pealed off & was fresh as new.

isaacorr
07/08/13 10:39 am

A few weeks ago I was working outside for 5 hours. 3 of those hours were without sunscreen. And I have red hair. So it's safe to say I was in pain for a couple of days.

Gill81 Burque
07/08/13 9:32 am

I'm Hispanic so I do burn but I won't look like a tomato. Actually I got burnt last week.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/08/13 8:50 am

When I first moved to Texas after Grad School, I had been hired to be a Director of Music and Youth for a church. The first Saturday I was there, i helped my high school youth with a Saturday car wash in full July sun. I wore a t-shirt and cut-off

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/08/13 8:56 am

shorts. After seven hours, I had second and third degree burns all over the uncovered parts of my arms and legs. The sunburn peeled in big sheets - twice. Now, 30+ years later, my arms are much darker and very freckled where they burned.

Ariella LovePeaceNHappiness
07/08/13 8:43 am

I haven't. When it's hot though, I try to stay inside and next to the fan! Lol. Sorry about your burns!

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/08/13 8:35 am

I have had some pretty nasty sunburns, but I've never tried aloe on them. I treat them just like any other radiation burn, and resolve to avoid that fiery ball and its rays of burning death in the future. Long pants, long sleeves, big floppy hat.

LeDerpityDerp We are not our failures
07/08/13 8:37 am

Oh but in 91 degrees? I would probably pass out.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/08/13 8:57 am

There are some really lightweight clothes with built-in sun protection. Check sailing catalogs, outfitters like REI and Cabela's, or a place like this that specializes in clothes for the risks of simmer:

www.sunprecautions.com/

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/08/13 8:57 am

Simmer, summer - same thing.

LeDerpityDerp We are not our failures
07/08/13 10:01 am

Well I like getting some sun.. I just need a bit of sunscreen next time lol

Jeninerd Hoth, AK
07/08/13 8:33 am

I don't really burn. Perk to being Alaska Native, I guess.

LilL44 Stuck In Suburbia
07/08/13 8:23 am

yes I am so pale and burn so easily this happens all the time. But how was warped tour?!? I wanted to go so badly this year, but I couldn't but I'm probably going next year :)

LeDerpityDerp We are not our failures
07/08/13 8:36 am

Yeah my boyfriend says "I burn easily cus I'm Irish". Lol.
But Warped was awesome! I liked more bands that were there last year but this year was fun too!