TerryQuinn July 8th, 2013 3:36am

If a Facebook friend is frequently posting inaccurate information, do you directly confront them each time in comments or do you keep your thoughts to yourself (or own status updates)?

Rocker saved by grace
07/08/13 7:01 am

It depends. If they are incorrect about the Christian faith, I will definitely confront them, but if it is almost anything else, I will keep silent.

XercesBlue ...
07/08/13 4:51 am

When I had Facebook, I ended up ignoring those users by using the setting that allowed you to not view any of their updates on your feed. Problem solved.

jmw7477 Indiana
07/08/13 2:21 am

I don't pay enough attention to FB to know.

TerryQuinn Stardust
07/07/13 9:20 pm

I've mostly decided that FB is not the best place for debates, but its hard to hold my tongue when I think of this quote: "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent". -Edmund Burke

Scrazzle Winter is Coming
07/08/13 4:43 am

It's not tyranny to keep the peace between friends and family.

Nizabelle Cambridge, MA
07/07/13 8:53 pm

That depends on what is being said and what the subject matter is and whatnot. If it is so upsetting that I feel the need to correct then I would do it in a friendly and peaceful manner. I am only FB friends with people I am actually friends with so

Nizabelle Cambridge, MA
07/07/13 8:53 pm

So I would be sure to keep it light and friendly

KatG Liberal in Ohio
07/07/13 8:51 pm

I deleted my FB back in October for many reasons, but the misinformation spread on there was one of them. I recently received an email with a photo of a young Trayvon Martin and another pic of a larger, heavily tattoo'd man.

KatG Liberal in Ohio
07/07/13 8:52 pm

It was being posted on FB with the comments that the bigger guy was a recent photo of Trayvon. The pic was actually of the rapper The Game. I don't miss that aspect of FB at all.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/07/13 8:43 pm

The only time this happens is when people pass on stupid urban legends - I usually just post the snopes link and suggest checking things out before posting

TerryQuinn Stardust
07/07/13 8:59 pm

I'm amazed at how many people still don't check their facts before posting. It's pretty easy these days to at least check the really bad lies.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/07/13 9:20 pm

You know - the other thing I check is missing people before I will repost them. Those posts tug on people's heart strings - I won't repost without finding a media story

Ariella LovePeaceNHappiness
07/07/13 8:39 pm

I don't have a Facebook, but if I did I'd probably stay quiet.

MissPresident California
07/07/13 8:39 pm

You will get haters everywhere, just learn to live with them and write what's true on you're wall and if they confront you on your status then defend yourself