Matt1981 The Who Dat Nation
07/09/13 6:26 pm

Of course they are. The 50% of Republicans that said no are in denial. They openly stand against gay marriage. The political leadership openly stands against gay marriage. They are not even trying to hide it yet only half of the republicans say yes.

political Georgia
07/08/13 4:38 pm

Should multiple partners be allowed to marry?

07/10/13 4:27 am

faulty science (I could've posted studies but that would've been hypocritical). I also made reasonable arguments against the truthfulness of these studies. In conclusion, there are millions disproving your "facts" everyday, I'm one of them. ;)

pisomojado
07/08/13 4:33 pm

My personal view is that consenting adults should be able to marry who they want. Why anyone would want to is beyond me. Legal definitions of communal property rights would have to be addressed.

pisomojado
07/08/13 1:16 pm

I agree with Skinner.

pisomojado
07/08/13 4:34 pm

Yeah, I do. I thought I'd surprise you, instead of vice versa.

djkittie7 Texas
07/08/13 10:34 am

If we are going by the beautiful comment from rightway, that is.

rons Thanks America
07/08/13 8:45 am

About the same as the donkey people or is that a mule? A jack---?

rons Thanks America
07/08/13 8:43 am

Love and marriage, love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage!

RepMorris Pennsylvania
07/07/13 8:54 pm

Yes, but notice it says against gay marriage, not against gays.

djkittie7 Texas
07/07/13 11:59 pm

Same thing, is it not? If they were against heterosexual marriage, would you not feel they were against heterosexuals?

djkittie7 Texas
07/08/13 12:51 am

Please explain how it is not against gays then...?

political Georgia
07/08/13 10:27 am

Really? Rightway explained this beautifully below!

djkittie7 Texas
07/08/13 10:33 am

So what I'm getting from this is that 1. marriage is contingent on being able to have children... And 2. Marriage doesn't give you rights as a couple such as being on the same insurance or being able to see each other in the hospital...

Right?

djkittie7 Texas
07/08/13 10:35 am

If we are going by the beautiful comment from rightway, that is.

pisomojado
07/08/13 1:19 pm

Without the right to marry gays are not receiving equal treatment under the law. This is one of the criteria for discrimination.

political Georgia
07/08/13 1:27 pm

So pretty soon multiple partners of a person should be allowed to visit their partner in the hospital....

djkittie7 Texas
07/08/13 1:30 pm

Why shouldn't they be allowed to?

pisomojado
07/08/13 4:36 pm

Drat, pushed the wrong button again!
See comment above if you care. Or don't.

07/09/13 6:18 am

Pisomojado: green energy companies are given subsidies that other companies do not. Are they being discriminated against? Of course not! The government has the ability to selectively issue licenses and preferences.

veritas1 Panda
07/07/13 8:34 pm

This is the party that made it their platform to spit on the constitution by adding an amendment, an actual amendment, ensuring gays are discriminated against. Of course they are. I'll believe otherwise the day a GOP state legalizes gay marriage.

skinner Jersey City
07/08/13 4:35 am

New Hampshire and Iowa have legalized gay marriage. In New Mexico gay marriage is not legal or illegal.

07/07/13 7:59 pm

Yes, and for good reason.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/07/13 8:51 pm

You mean no reason because it doesn't affect you at all if I can get married. You don't know me. How is that limited government if you think you can tell me who I can and cannot love?

07/08/13 12:25 am

1. The government has the ability to encourage a union that benefits society as a whole. Gay people cannot obviously have children and, even though this area is controversial, many studies have shown that gay adoption is not beneficial to the child.

07/08/13 12:28 am

2. The ability to marry or not to marry does not restrict your love for someone, just like how the restriction of drivers licenses from blind people does not affect their ability to use their hands.

skinner Jersey City
07/08/13 4:30 am

But right many studies have also shown there is no affect on the child, so if marriage doesn't restrict love then how about no one can get married, and if marriage requires reproduction how about we don't allow sterile people to marry.

07/08/13 12:43 pm

1. Like I said its controversial and I'd rather not sit here all day citing study after study.
2. marriages support the family unit.
3. Sterile people can still adopt.

skinner Jersey City
07/08/13 12:47 pm

Correct marriage does support family which is why gays should be allowed to marry. Gays can also adopt children.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/08/13 1:23 pm

@right, cite them.

djkittie7 Texas
07/08/13 1:26 pm

Studies in this forum cited by rightway regarding how gay marriage affects adopted children:

............

07/09/13 10:50 am

Wow give me some time guys. @skinner: I'm talking about the nuclear family that is the basis of society. On your other point, the entire debate over homosexual adoption hinges on one question; Do you believe that a mother has something unique to give

07/09/13 10:51 am

To a child that no father can give and that a father has something unique to give a child that no mother can give? We can narrow it down even more; do you believe men and women are different or are they interchangeable? That's the big question, the

07/09/13 10:53 am

Clash, Which I'm surprised we're even asking. Of course both sexes are different! Men and women are both physically and psychologically different in manyways. Therefore switching them out in any large societal role will serve big societalconsequences

07/09/13 10:54 am

@beachst: I'm not one to readily believe the science put out by both sides on controversial subjects quickly without closer look because it can be easily manipulated, misinterpreted, and done incorrectly (all studies are in any case based on a small

07/09/13 10:54 am

number of same-sex couples raising a small number of children, during a short amount of time. It's barely scientific at all and definitely not justifying the society-wide social experimentation many activist currently support).

skinner Jersey City
07/09/13 10:59 am

I believe the nuclear family is best but we can't provide the nuclear family for everyone so if a gay couple wants to adopt a child they will live a lot happier with them than they would at a foster home.

djkittie7 Texas
07/09/13 11:00 am

Ah, so you don't "believe" in the studies put out regarding this subject? That pretty much makes all your reasoning based on opinion then...right?

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/09/13 11:40 am

There are millions disproving your "facts" everyday. I'm one of them.

07/10/13 4:26 am

@skinner: I think we've shown where each of us stand and came to a reasonable conclusion (besides further would just recycle old ideas). TY for a good debate.
@beach: nope, my stances are supported by logic; I explain why instead of relying on

07/10/13 4:27 am

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/10/13 4:50 am

I'm misunderstanding. I haven't seen a study yet...

skinner Jersey City
07/10/13 6:31 am

Sure thing Right I was just hoping you would see the error of your ways on this issue.

MissPresident California
07/07/13 7:31 pm

I think there's a blurry line between republican and democrat when it comes to this issue

political Georgia
07/07/13 7:26 pm

Yes, but not against gay people.

MissPresident California
07/07/13 7:25 pm

Yes, yes they are

redwolf thisisavalidlocation
07/07/13 8:00 pm

No, no we aren't.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/07/13 8:53 pm

@red, could have fuckin' fooled me!! Have you heard Cucinelli's comments? I'm already afraid of Jackson or whatever that racist prick's name is. Cucinelli ain't much worse. Gay marriage leads to animal loving. Lawrence v Texas overturned? Christ.