laliberal July 8th, 2013 12:25am

Should same sex marriage be legal? Why or why not?

cato Santa Barbara, California
07/07/13 11:20 pm

Of course. Marriage is contract that involves the state. Bible thumpers have no say in the matter.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
07/08/13 1:18 am

To be fair, that's what America is, 50%+1 of people deciding how the 50%-1 should live.

That's why we're all in this mess. We've outgrown this system, we're ready to move on. This own nation federalized game has been fun, time to take it down.

KatG Liberal in Ohio
07/07/13 8:58 pm

It should be legal, yes.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/07/13 8:26 pm

It absolutely should be it's a matter of civil rights.

TomM
07/07/13 6:53 pm

Yes I look forward to the day when this is not a subject for discussion anymore.

skinner Jersey City
07/07/13 6:21 pm

First off, welcome back laliberal I thought you had quit. Secondly, yes I support it.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/07/13 5:42 pm

Gay marriage should be allow for two reasons 1. One the same reasons and arguments made when inter-racial marriages where allowed. 2. Marriage is not just about love between two people. It is about taxes, medical rights, children, property rights

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
07/07/13 5:43 pm

To be fair most of those things can be accomplished through power of attorney and other docs but I still agree.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/07/13 5:44 pm

And it goes on and on. Because of this, because this is the American legal system a class of people are being discriminated against in the states where it is not yet legal. Therefore, it should be

susanr Colorado
07/07/13 5:47 pm

Most of them can be accomplished legally. Some of them may still be challenged & overridden. Most of the time paperwork, bureaucracy, time & money are involved. There are MANY of them. All of which a heterosexual couple gets just by getting married.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/07/13 5:47 pm

There is a power of attorney for taxes? And Gay people were be prevented from availing themselves of the "other" documents - like adoption paper

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/07/13 5:49 pm

And why should a homosexual couple have to pay all the extra expense when a Heterosexual couple just has to buy a marriage license

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/07/13 6:28 pm

I know you did Rebel - but we can to put the worms back in the can you opened with your comments - LOL

RedneckDriggers Confederacy
07/07/13 5:36 pm

It's morally wrong and bad for society it's a sin and they can't re produce so thats a message and if you should be able to marry who your attracted to should people be able to marry animals, or maybe sibling could marry where is it gonna stop

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/07/13 5:39 pm

But I'm not attracted to bears, I'm attracted to Johnny.

susanr Colorado
07/07/13 5:44 pm

It stops, as always with adult human consent.

Most of your arguments against it were used against interracial marriage also. In the 46 years since Loving v. Virginia was decided, have you EVER heard of ANYONE in the US wanting to marry their dog?

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
07/07/13 5:45 pm

1. Animals can't consent to contracts. Come on. Fire up the brain cells.
2. If two siblings consent it's really none of your business. Not for me, I find it odd, but I don't own anyone, they aren't my slaves, so I can't control them.

skinner Jersey City
07/07/13 6:55 pm

Oh my god Tejas, I've been waiting to find someone bigoted enough to crutch on the sin and slope arguments, I'm following you!

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
07/07/13 5:33 pm

1. Marriage shouldn't be a State issue.
2. Free people don't ask permission
3. However, if you people insist on letting government control you like slaves then at least we should all get fûcked with the same. I voted against the amendment in MN.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/07/13 5:39 pm

Against the constitutional amendment that would have banned same sex marriage?

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
07/07/13 5:42 pm

It was a proposed amendment that would have made marriage one man and one woman. I disagreed with that and voted against it. I want the State out of marriage but will support the equality of gay folks if they want it.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
07/07/13 7:20 pm

I meant "government" issue there. I usually use "State" to refer to government.

susanr Colorado