maverick7 July 7th, 2013 10:12pm

Now that I started thinking about the honeymoon. If you had to pick only one, What do you think is the secret to a long and happy marriage? Being best friends or an animal attraction to one another?

Ariella LovePeaceNHappiness
07/08/13 9:00 am

Best friends. Sex should be a bonus and fun in a relationship, not make it, IMO.

maverick7 Tennessee
07/07/13 5:44 pm

I have to admit, I kind of want to meet the one female that said "sex, sex, sex." ;)

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/07/13 4:10 pm

"Mr & Mrs Smith" best analogy of marriage I've ever seen! "Secret to a good marriage"? Standing back-to-back, protecting/defending each other, against all comers, no matter what. Not fighting each other, not permitting anyone else to attack the other

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/07/13 4:13 pm

Married 39 yrs & counting, living together in less than 240 sq ft, laughing together, solving problems together, preferring one another above any other. Not theory. :-)

maverick7 Tennessee
07/07/13 4:20 pm

Wow! Congratulations! I don't know if I could ever find someone I could live with in under 240 sq feet :)

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/07/13 5:13 pm

We chose wisely. (We did, but not because we had a *clue* what we were doing at the time!) Fall in love w/someone fun & worthy of trust & respect. Then prefer death over any other option. There you go. LOL!

Kay41 the Midwest
07/07/13 4:00 pm

With our youngest going off to college in a month I can attest to how important a good friendship is within a marriage. My kids are moving on but I am happy that I am still with my best friend.

dramaschick All ways in my head
07/07/13 3:52 pm

Sex can fade, looks can fade but when you marry your best friend you can make it thru anything

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/07/13 3:24 pm

You can have an animal-like attraction with anyone, but you can only be true best friends with one (or very few) person(s). Obviously the best case scenario would be both. (;

rlands
07/07/13 3:22 pm

You have to have a strong friendship. And most importantly, be able to laugh with each other! That is key :)