AnnaRose July 7th, 2013 3:47am

Two former popes, Pope John Paul II and Pope John XXIII, are to become saints. What do you think, are saints extraordinary and deserving of recognition like this or are they ordinary people like us

bballard92 taste the rainbow
07/08/13 8:51 am

It's hard to believe there's anyone in this world deserving of being a saint. I mean, they may have done some great things, but I'm not planning on praying to them or asking for their guidance after they die. There's one person to which I pray.

Rocker saved by grace
07/07/13 6:49 am

All believers are saints, not just who the Catholic Church deems special.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/06/13 11:07 pm

You're a saint, Anna, and so am I. The word saint comes from Latin "sanctus," which means holy, or "set apart." Christian believers are all sanctified, or cleansed, or set apart by their public profession of belief in Jesus as Lord and Savior, which

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/06/13 11:12 pm

often goes hand-in-hand with Baptism, in which we identify with Jesus' death and burial as we go under the water, and with His Resurrection as we emerge from the water a new creation. Some denominations will argue the fine points, but this is basic,

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/06/13 11:18 pm

bare-bones Christian (Protestant) doctrine. The Roman Catholic concepts of Beatification and Sanctification and praying to Saints or the Virgin Mary are areas where we simply agree to disagree in Love with our Catholic brothers and sisters. + + +

AnnaRose Texas
07/07/13 7:35 am

Actually T, I'm Catholic and I do ask for intercession from the saints. But I was asking this because I know not everyone believes that the saints like this are special people. But thank you for sharing that :)

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
07/08/13 5:03 pm

Thanks, Kate and Anna!

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/06/13 10:01 pm

That miracle seemed kind of shady.

kc17 Minnesota
07/06/13 9:19 pm

I would say they are ordinary people that have done extraordinary things. I dont believe one is necessarily "more important" than the other, but it definitely reflects more on the person's deeds.