Tony July 7th, 2013 1:57am

I did a quick visual survey after dude's sprint through the airport terminal was abruptly halted by the descent of his intentionally-sagging shorts. 98% of people appeared more amused than empathetic. How about you: ever tripped in public?

heyyjude NC
07/08/13 9:32 am

Frequently at work. You'd think I'd know where everything is by now and not run into things, but nope.

bballard92 taste the rainbow
07/08/13 9:19 am

Try busting it at work..with a tray of food in your hand. Ha. Talk about embarrassing and NOT fun. As for the homedude, pull up your pants bro. :p

Dream Hogwarts
07/07/13 9:52 pm

I tripped over a girl at her bottom locker. Completely sprawled out on the floor with books everywhere. So embarrassing!

kristakrab Georgia
07/07/13 3:48 pm

As a server once, I was rushing through the dish area & my boss shouted my name. My upper body stopped, but my feet kept going. This resulted in me skiing on food scraps/grease.

kristakrab Georgia
07/07/13 3:48 pm

I tried to use a wall to stop, but instead slid down it all the way to the ground. My boss just stood over me trying not to laugh.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
07/07/13 11:25 am

Guess what? I tripped today in public! At least it was minor and I don't think anyone noticed…

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
07/07/13 5:24 am

Yes, I've tripped in public a few times. But I don't wear saggy pants. So my pants have never been the cause.

FullMoon probably going to hell
07/07/13 1:37 am

Fell down an escalator in Macy's. It was really awful, considering I kind of kept falling repeatedly.

EarlyBird Portland
07/07/13 5:43 am

I fell backwards on an escalator when I couldn't step off of it. My high heel shoe got stuck between grooves. I fell back about 3 steps, when luckily, a nice man "caught" me. Awkward

jeffrey306 steel town
07/07/13 1:22 am

What's worse is walking into a glass sliding door. That was a humbling experience ;)

beamie Michigan
07/07/13 1:28 am

I do that to all doors it seams! So much my 6 year old reads the push/pull sing for me lol

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
07/07/13 5:14 am

I walked into a glass door once because I forgot that the handle had just been locked. That was comical for everyone around me.

opie99 left coast best coast
07/07/13 12:29 am

Two days ago. I was pushing my son in a toy car and he put his feet down, I slammed into the car and flipped over top. Neighbor laughed so hard he cried.

LilL44 Stuck In Suburbia
07/06/13 10:11 pm

I'm the biggest klutz, I trip several times a day in public.

fredd TrumpLand
07/06/13 10:02 pm

Need to see that one on YouTube! I heard from a cop once about a guy who ran and got tripped by his saggy jeans. He and his colleagues laughed so much they almost forgot to grab the guy.

Brrrrrrrrr
07/06/13 10:01 pm

Was this individual diverse?

SarahD in your orbit
07/06/13 9:38 pm

My choir performed at Carnegie hall 3 months ago and because of my position on the risers, I was the first person to lead the entire choir onstage. My dress belonged to someone else before me so it wasn't in top condition anymore.

SarahD in your orbit
07/06/13 9:39 pm

My shoe caught in the hem and I tripped. I was the one to lead the choir of 60 high schoolers onto the stage at Carnegie Hall and I tripped.

fossilman Youngstown, Ohio
07/06/13 9:09 pm

I go to Walmart and trip on purpose. I film the reactions too haha

opptop Michigan
07/06/13 9:08 pm

Tony what happened to the shape of Michigan? It's kind of a big blob now, not sure if I'm the only one seeing it. Do you think you could fix that please?

TomM
07/06/13 9:28 pm

The map is from google, the colors are just put on top of it. Tony is aware the map is wrong.

beamie Michigan
07/07/13 1:27 am

Google maps suck! That's about all we got going for us (a cool shape) and now that's taken away lol

opptop Michigan
07/06/13 9:06 pm

I was walking down the hallway talking to my english teacher and walked right into a fire extinguisher.

Kay41 the Midwest
07/06/13 8:50 pm

Fell down a flight of about 8 stairs in the hallway during passing periods. Landed on my back with all the students staring at me. That got talked about for awhile.

TomM
07/06/13 9:29 pm

Ouch, I hope they at least stopped staring and helped you.

Kay41 the Midwest
07/06/13 9:39 pm

Yes. They helped me up but when I stood up I nearly passed out so one student walked me to the nurses office. Ended up with a a jammed finger, bruised tailbone and a bruised ego. :)

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/06/13 8:33 pm

Running for the bus in Seattle. Amazingly I caught my self.

Keldeo Laverre City
07/06/13 8:30 pm

Yes. Then I try to put it off as a joke and hop up with a silly grin.

OldLady
07/06/13 7:59 pm

washed my SUV yesterday, I was wearing flip flops, then went to get oil changed. They weren't busy so guy has me pull right in. I go to step down well, oil and water don't mix, down I went on my ass. A fat old woman on the ground is embarrassing

susanr Colorado
07/06/13 8:28 pm

Last time I was in that position I broke my fibula. I assume you don't have anything broken, but hope you don't have bruises either!

OldLady
07/06/13 8:59 pm

no nothing broke, have a Bruise on my right ankle where it hit the running board. Thought my behind would be but hubby says not yet, oh but I feel it. Family got a laugh out of it. I bet so did Mechanics after I left

Emily33 North Carolina
07/06/13 7:46 pm

Not because of my clothes. Usually because of clumsiness, but occasionally due to alcohol

greeneyes616 RDH
07/06/13 7:39 pm

I trip all the time. Of the few times I've landed on my face, my husband has turned to me (or the crowd around us) and yelled "SAFE!" like he's an umpire and I'm a player sliding into home. It usually makes me laugh and feel less embarrassed lol

SammyTheCat Meowville, USA
07/06/13 7:17 pm

I was rolling two suitcases while walking through the airport (I was pushing one in front and pulling one from behind) and I went over a tiny bump and tripped over the front bag and face planted on the ground....

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/06/13 7:33 pm

I'd have to be carried off from laughing @ *myself*! I'm such a sucker for slap-stick type falls! Hope you weren't hurt tho!

TomM
07/06/13 7:16 pm

I don't feel bad for people with sagging pants, they could wear clothes that fit. I think I would laugh too.

TomM
07/06/13 7:15 pm

I went to Niagara Falls a couple years ago in the winter. The mist will always end up as a thin layer of ice. I wasn't aware and fell. A boy started laughing, but then he fell too and started crying. I had to control myself.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/06/13 7:13 pm

Yes, but only rarely; my pants fit.

inge MIA
07/06/13 7:11 pm

I'm the biggest klutz on the planet. I trip every day.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
07/06/13 7:10 pm

Sure. Fell in true "crash and burn style" over a suitcase I didn't see. Landed, immediately got up, looked at the complete strangers staring at me, smiled, said "Ta-Daa" and kept on going.

True story.

EarlyBird Portland
07/06/13 7:14 pm

That is great!

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/06/13 8:45 pm

Kind of thing I'd be likely to do, w/a parting, "repeat performance @ 11!" LOL! Great story! Thanks for the giggle.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/06/13 7:09 pm

Not that I remember, but I have had my feet just fly out from underneath me for no more reason than a little dew on a sewer grate. Another lesson learned. Your guy's airport incident is another good argument for wearing a belt and tying your shoes.

TomM
07/06/13 7:09 pm

There was a story a couple years ago that police had caught a bank robber because his pants were sagging and he couldn't hold them up. The police said he was not the first and the were happy fashion was sagging pants.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/06/13 7:08 pm

Was public speaking, from seated position, completely unaware that apparently because of my sitting position, one leg had fallen *completely* asleep. Until I stood to leave stage & leg wouldn't support me! Didn't actually fall cuz ppl caught me!

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/06/13 7:11 pm

Had to be physically helped off stage. Because of topic of conference, nothing but empathy. I don't seem to have an "embarrassment gene" for that sort of thing tho, so found it more of mystery how leg went to sleep than I almost fell on my face. Lol

dramaschick All ways in my head
07/06/13 7:06 pm

I tripped and fell in the airport. My pants were to long and I was running to catch my connecting flight.

susanr Colorado
07/06/13 7:03 pm

Tripped & had that kind of consequence, no. But I was walking around SF once when I was young, wearing a halter top. One strap broke & I didn't notice for a few seconds, until a couple walked by me, pointing & giggling. Then I saw other gigglers.

TomM
07/06/13 7:11 pm

I'm surprised they even noticed in SF.

susanr Colorado
07/06/13 7:15 pm

Long time ago. Back when the only time one could go out in public in drag was on Halloween, let alone go 1/4 naked on a regular day. Legally, anyway. And believe me, people noticed.

TomM
07/06/13 7:18 pm

Oh yes that's not good then, sorry

TomM
07/06/13 7:19 pm

There was a poll about wardrobe malfunction some time ago. There were a lot of stories. Sounds like it is more common than one would think.

susanr Colorado
07/06/13 7:24 pm

At least back then it was a considerably more attractive body part that got exposed, than it would have been recently.
=:-)

TomM
07/06/13 7:26 pm

No wonder they were looking :-D

handshown The Midwest West Coast
07/06/13 7:02 pm

As a waiter. Not a fun thing.