Jack14 July 6th, 2013 6:14pm

Do you know of anyone who collects welfare/unemployment that really isn't trying to help themselves by looking for work?

Fjolsvin Midgard
07/07/13 9:10 pm

If I did I would distance myself From them as they are dishonest and not worthy of my friendship or being considered honorable people.

HalfDozenMama in my scrapbook room
07/06/13 3:49 pm

Yes, but the majority ARE trying, of the people I personally know.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/06/13 3:39 pm

Also know some under-employed w/effed up priorities that *could* make different decisions that would take them off food stamps, etc. No respect for either group when those are long time/lifestyle choices. Temp, to get thru hard times? Fine.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/06/13 2:57 pm

Not many people are so open about being on welfare. The people that I KNOW are either in school, in a job, or looking for a job. ACTUALLY, I know one that says they're looking for a job, but they lost unemployment when they turned one down.

angryathiest seeing double
07/06/13 1:22 pm

Is there a way to report these types of people.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/06/13 3:43 pm

Wouldn't be necessary if required to document need consistently & regularly. Too many receiving handouts fraudulently & no one checks. Knew one that tried to get OFF food stamps cuz they finally got work again. Treated like moron for not taking free$

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/06/13 12:56 pm

I guess my answer should technically be yes - I know lots of welfare recipients who are in college gaining skills

Wes28 CBus
07/06/13 12:04 pm

Yes and it disgusts me to no end. That money should be going towards people who actually NEED it!!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/06/13 11:42 am

Trying very hard not to be judgmental of our new next door neighbor. She did get to see her son one day a week now that looks like that's over. She sits on her woo hoo and smokes all day. We never had things stolen till she moved next door.

smithers13228 Sin City
07/06/13 11:39 am

A ton!!! My line of work may give me an unfair insight to the truth though.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/06/13 11:42 am

My closest friend works for senior and disabled services. She comes over here and we go for a walk so she can destress.