Rob July 6th, 2013 3:15pm

When you see someone doing something illegal or wrong are you more likely to wish they'd get caught and called out or happy for the person that they are able to get away with it? Not major crimes like murder, but stealing or moving violations.

tdaddy Kentucky
07/07/13 1:02 pm

It totally depends. For example if I see somebody feeding the meter of half a dozen cars when the meter maid is half a block away, I'm ALWAYS on the side of the meter feeder. He/She has the right to make anonymous gifts anytime she/he likes. My 2¢

fredd TrumpLand
07/07/13 10:15 am

Stealing? Yes I hope they get caught. But for minor things like moving violations, so long as it obstructs or harms no one I don't have a problem with it.

svenalexander Land of the Ents
07/07/13 8:18 am

Vandal activists are my exception. Sometimes crimes are made to send a nonviolent message to raise awareness, which I support.
Or theft by necessity (food to survive for instance).

comppete Las Vegas
07/06/13 3:14 pm

I have seen people stealing or opening food packages and eating some then putting it back on the shelf. I report each and every one of them. We all pay when this sh** happens.

EarlyBird Portland
07/06/13 4:08 pm

Really?!? I've never seen something like that happen. I'm glad you report them! Thank you!

comppete Las Vegas
07/06/13 4:25 pm

I have seen immigrants open jars of food and stick their fingers in it to taste. Most likely because they have never seen foods like we have. The bad thing is they put it back on the shelf. It's wrong and unsanitary.

PeppyHare Do a barrel roll
07/06/13 12:11 pm

Depends what kind of infraction it would be... If you're an idiot ruining people's lives... Yeah I kinda hope you get busted drunk driving and with cocaine.

LochnessMonster Milky way
07/06/13 11:21 am

I hate the law so I will help any one I can get away with it.

cyanospool The Deep North
07/06/13 10:36 am

For minor "illegal" acts that don't have a true victim, I'm happy for them because they're standing up for their individual freedom. When someone steals or hurts someone, I really hope they get what's coming to them.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/06/13 10:13 am

I get nervous when people do things wrong

rightway101 the thought provoker
07/06/13 9:58 am

I like to hike and trespass on those hundreds of acres of woodlands out here. I think it's fine as long as I don't do much damage.

hippiedude fields of green
07/06/13 9:52 am

Theres some things that piss me off but mostly i just think as long as you dont get caught go ahead. We have to many rules and regulations.

Emily33 North Carolina
07/06/13 9:51 am

Yes. Not so much speeding, unless they are being ridiculously unsafe doing so, but otherwise yes

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/06/13 9:00 am

Always hope they get caught, and call it in if it looks serious, like a series of moving violations that appear drunk-related. It's annoying that we even need to enforce rather than just comply with the rules we believe in so strongly they're laws.

cyanospool The Deep North
07/06/13 10:41 am

Usually for this kind of thing, there's no need to involve the police. You can almost always persuade the average idiot with social denigration. Put a note on his car that says "My 14 year old daughter could park better", or something embarrassing.

commonsense America isnt racist
07/06/13 8:59 am

I find myself hoping they get caught, lol.

EarlyBird Portland
07/06/13 8:35 am

I never root for the bad guy. I must admit I do feel bad for people getting caught speeding though. The speed limits in this state are ridiculous.

thndrstrike Salinas, California
07/06/13 4:03 pm

I used to live in Oregon, and that is so true.

thndrstrike Salinas, California
07/06/13 4:03 pm

I used to live in Oregon, and that is so true.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/06/13 8:26 am

Some moving violations make me want to commit murder...

Kay41 the Midwest
07/06/13 8:20 am

Depends on what it is. A little speeding because they are in a hurry...we have all been there. But, recklessly driving or taking advantage of someone else is a different story. If someone can get hurt or if there is a victim.....gett'm!

Rob Be Safe Be Smart
07/06/13 8:18 am

Mr. Wolfe has a word for this..
There is this area on my way to work where people purposely jump a line of traffic knowing they're going to have to cut someone off eventually. This weekend the traffic is crazy & I almost want to just hit one of them.

jmz1202 Sacramento
07/06/13 8:47 am

We have a similar area here. People actually honk and give thumbs up when a cop stops someone for cutting people off.