rebelfury76 July 6th, 2013 8:31am

A man in Nevada refused to allow police I turn his home into a command post for a situation nearby. His home was forcibly entered, he was kidnapped, and his home ransacked without cause, suspicion, or warrant. Link in comments...pick a side...wisely

shemmes dc
07/06/13 2:37 pm

No searching or entering without a warrant, no quartering of soldiers

07/06/13 11:20 am

Absolutely nothing and won't be silly rabbit laws are for plebs.

NUwriter
07/06/13 6:57 pm

Says thekk, the Federal employee, who believes that people in government should be held accountible if negligent or malicious.

07/06/13 7:40 pm

I believe that they should be held accountable but I am intellectually honest enough to know that it is unlikely. You may have missed the sarcasm in my comment above in a written media it can be lost.

07/06/13 10:08 am

I would really like to read an official statement from the department before I comment; it's always good to hear from both parties before picking a side.
If we assume there was no exigency or warrant from the court, those officers were completely out

07/06/13 10:12 am

of line for doing what they did. If they did have a warrant to enter the house, their actions can be justified.

07/06/13 10:30 am

The official paperwork actually indicates that there was a criminal conspiracy on the part of the officers. They indicate that they will make entry without warrant or cause and arrest the home owner for obstruction if be resists.

07/06/13 11:38 am

If that's the case, then it's a clear violation of state law and the Constitution. Those Officers, at the very least, should lose their jobs and face charges.

07/06/13 11:55 am

What would you have done if you responded in that unit? If you were there when one of the cowboys suggested this plan.

07/06/13 12:14 pm

As I have stated before in numerous threads, there are only 3 ways an officer can gain access to a residence: warrant, consent or exigent circumstances. I would have reminded them of this. If they still insisted on this course, I would leave the

07/06/13 12:17 pm

the scene and contact a supervisor. If he was no help, I'd continue up the chain until I found someone with the authority to make them stop.
This is cop 101 stuff, so it baffles me that these guys thought they could get away with this. That's why I

07/06/13 12:19 pm

would like to read an official statement released from the department.

07/06/13 1:15 pm

You forget the way that they used this time. The because I have a gun citizen and if you resist we will kill you reason. The thin blue line protects acts like this and no supervisor will ever turn on a rank and file ever no matter what

07/06/13 3:06 pm

If you say so. It is rare that an officer gets anything but a paid vacation for abusing a civilian. It takes a massive public outcry for any charges to be filed and if then they are rarely convicted. If your not cops your little people.

07/06/13 3:08 pm

Ask Kelly Thomas how wrong I am. Beaten to death under color of authority without the video there would be no charges. If 4 citizens beat another to death the would face more than involuntary manslaughter.

07/06/13 3:10 pm

Or maybe the cop that "decontaminated" a 17 yo female subject by making her strip nude, spraying her with a fire hose while taking photos without consent and posting them on line. He is not even suspended from the farce. Thin blue line in action.

07/06/13 3:23 pm

Welcome to the iggy list you blue cop sucker

07/06/13 3:35 pm

When you start typing what actually happened and not just spewing half-truths for your own amusement, then I might take you seriously. In the Thomas case, two of the officer were arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder, among other things. The

07/06/13 3:38 pm

rest were suspended pending an investigation by the FBI.
If this is your idea of "nothing happens", then no one is going to take you seriously next time you have an opinion about something.

07/06/13 3:44 pm

You want to act like you know what's going on in a department. Get off your ass, try to graduate an academy and get hired somewhere so you might have a clue. You sound to me like you're no stranger to the mug shot, so that may make you a little

07/06/13 3:47 pm

butthurt when it comes to the police. Not my fault.
Do things like this happen? Of course they do. There's just not a massive conspiracy in motion to cover it up.
Just make sure you take your meds and calm down.

07/06/13 3:49 pm

1) you don't know me so don't judge. I was a paramedic that got to clean up after your kind for several years
2) no criminal record because I avoid roid raging cops like you
3) I worked very closely with pd and still am trying to wash the stench out

07/06/13 3:58 pm

Tells me not to judge because I don't know him, then calls me a roid raging cop.

Sure you're not a paramedic anymore because you can't pass an I.Q. test?

07/06/13 4:02 pm

Well iq test that's funny did you know you can be rejected from pig school for having too high an iq. If you must know I was injured by a man who thought I was a cop there to hurt him.

07/06/13 4:11 pm

See? There you go again. Ranting like you know what you're talking about.
Your credibility went right down the shítter with me pal, so you can tell me you pulled eight orphans from a burning building and it still won't hold water.
I going to have

07/06/13 4:12 pm

a more intelligent conversation with my 6 year old nephew now, so you'll have to excuse me while I leave.

07/06/13 8:21 pm

Kk, jack is a pretty upstanding guy from what I can tell and any cop that will even listen to the ideas of liberty is one we should befriend. While I agree many are pushy bullies and few ever are held accountable some are still good people.

07/06/13 8:26 pm

At the risk of reopening a fight. No cop is a good cop because they are either overtly complicit in covering the bad ones or are part if the silence that protects bad officers. He may be a "good"man but I cannot think of any cop as a man of honor

07/06/13 9:20 pm

Most of me tends to agree but we will win more hearts and minds by being diplomatic and welcoming than being fire and brimstone.

skschroen always at school
07/06/13 10:03 am

Fuck i forgot no emojis- that was a red angry face

nmills Utah
07/06/13 8:13 am

Third Amendment

EagleOK Oklahoma
07/06/13 7:28 am

How can you people vote red? If they raided your house, you would rightfully be enraged!

07/06/13 8:39 am

The one in NY is clearly a government worker, they never bother trying to justify their votes.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
07/06/13 9:17 am

Governing officials rule over citizens the 3rd keeps them out. Cops are under the rule of the people. If not this would be a police state. 3rd does not apply the police presence does not = gov. Occupation.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
07/06/13 9:48 am

They didn't raid the house. The intent was to protect someone. Then they served as enforcers of judicial law. A reasonable person would believe,its common knowledge, America uses excessive force when they come for you and when they protect you.

07/06/13 11:34 am

Kspells, you're wrong

satiricalnick meh
07/06/13 5:57 am

This happened back in 2011, read the court docs.

satiricalnick meh
07/06/13 6:00 am

Regardless of when it happened though, lets pretend they werent police. Lets pretend they were actual thugs (not state endorsed ones). These thugs would be serving 20 year sentences right now.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/06/13 6:32 am

They did it in my home, right of them would be serving death sentences...

07/06/13 7:19 am

....and he's suing them NOW.

leary Dulag Luft
07/06/13 7:27 am

Why isn't DOJ suing them. They have no problem suing Arizona for asking illegals questions and violating their constitutional rights. They should be investigating these nazis.

07/06/13 8:35 am

Because they're all on the same side

07/06/13 5:52 am

We need to call North Las Vegas and raise hell about this! If allowed to stand, it will establish a legal precedent that will be damn near impossible to correct. The next house they invite themselves into over the owners' objections may be yours.

07/06/13 6:10 am

And this goes doubly for those of you reading this who are police officers.
If we can't trust you to police your own, how can we trust you in policing us?

07/06/13 7:19 am

Dude, they don't break the blue line, ever.

07/06/13 5:38 am

The complaint continues: "Defendant Officer David Cawthorn outlined the defendants' plan in his official report:...

07/06/13 5:38 am

'It was determined to move to 367 Evening Side and attempt to contact Mitchell. If Mitchell answered the door he would be asked to leave. If he refused to leave he would be arrested for Obstructing a Police Officer...

07/06/13 5:38 am

If Mitchell refused to answer the door, force entry would be made and Mitchell would be arrested.'"

07/06/13 5:47 am

The fact that the police acknowledge that they schemed how to get him out of his house by hook, crook or force, renders them guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in my opinion.

07/06/13 5:48 am

Every officer that participated in this willfully violated the supreme law of the land (the Constitution), at least twice.

07/06/13 5:48 am

As such, they need to lose their badges, be fired and barred from serving the public in any paid, appointed, or elected position ever again.

07/06/13 5:48 am

Additionally, they should face criminal charges for kidnapping, false imprisonment, extortion, multiple counts of assault and battery, and cruelty to an animal, as well as violating the Constitutional rights of the plaintiffs.

07/06/13 5:49 am

Additionally, the officers and the department should be civilly liable for physical damages and injuries as well as intentional emotional distress.

07/06/13 5:49 am

I appreciate the job that police officers do. It's hard, dangerous, and I'm glad that they do it.
But abuses of police powers MUST be dealt with extremely harshly to discourage it from recurring.

satiricalnick meh
07/06/13 5:24 am

Unfùckin believable.

skinner Jersey City
07/06/13 5:22 am

Assuming the police are guilty that's horrible.

christine1986
07/06/13 3:47 am

That's terrible.

07/06/13 2:50 am

Really, people n the red, justify your choice or I can't help but consider you either painfully ignorant or a silent troll

kspells TheOtherOtherside
07/06/13 8:55 am

The request made to enter the house was not based on the intent to obtain evidence legally, to be used in court to prosecute a criminal.Reasonable intent of protecting another's persons' body & property in an known emergency is an exemption

kspells TheOtherOtherside
07/06/13 9:07 am

Clause to the fourth. The rescue efforts to save a persons life are just & reasonable privacy are not expected. Occupying a private home by gov.officials over citizens,is the third,the police are under citizens rule so as not to have a police state.

07/06/13 11:36 am

K, they didn't have a right to do this, you're so wrong

07/06/13 3:04 pm

They weren't trying to protect the homeowner. They wanted to commandeer his house for another purpose altogether. They even admitted to scheming how to get him out illegally. There is no justification for these bastards.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
07/06/13 3:40 pm

Didn't the cops receive a court order to enter the second time to kick the crap out of that guy?Or did they come back when they were off duty What are the exceptions to the 4th that don't apply. Cops are not the law & are under the rule of the people

kspells TheOtherOtherside
07/06/13 2:46 am

I can't answer this until I'm clear on what 'unreasonable search & seizure' means. I'll check it out, but can you or anyone explain what unreasonable means in the context of the 4th amend?Because I'm missing something. I live free w/o harm to others

07/06/13 2:48 am

First of all, unreasonable obviously was written to allow government to search the property of those suspected of a crime with a burden of proof and checks, that is the warrant process.

07/06/13 2:49 am

However this case more significantly is an insult to the third amendment, supposedly protecting citizens from being forced to allow government agents to occupy their home.

07/06/13 5:36 am

It was a violation of both the Third and Fourth Amendments (at least). Unlawful occupation of the home, and unlawful searching of the residence without a warrant or probable cause.

Skarface Banned
07/06/13 2:25 am

Remember when the Bill of Rights was a thing? Yeah, me neither. Fücking tyrants.

07/06/13 1:32 am

Everyone who had claimed recently on these forums that we live in a free country, please say that again. This shît happens DAILY in this nation, blatant illegal activity by thugs with guns.

www.courthousenews.com/2013/07/03/59061.htm

christine1986
07/06/13 3:47 am

I have to ask, do you spend all day reading every news source in the country to find all these stories?? Lol.

07/06/13 3:51 am

Liberty and being informed are very important to me. I refuse to live in the blissful state of flag worshipping ignorance that 99.9% of the country seems to.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
07/06/13 10:39 am

Warrants are needed to secure evidence legally to prosecute a crime.So a warrant has no purpose here.The police are not the law & do not rule over people.No 3rd They serve & protect us. I want cops to make extreme effort when given an order.Not ? It.

christine1986
07/06/13 10:48 am

I just don't understand how you find all these news stories. Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool.

07/06/13 11:23 am

Reddit, fark, digg, courtroom neews and yes even through their Chemtrail tin foil hats infowars all have good links as to our "heroic" protectors.