TalkPolitics July 6th, 2013 4:01am

That's it! You broke the law bad enough to where the government has decided to exile you. Good going. And the only places willing to take you are in Africa and Southeast Asia. Would you rather live in Africa or the SE? (100% hypothetical, of course)

skinner Jersey City
07/06/13 5:16 am

My uncle used to live in Southeast Asia, he could show me around.

comppete Las Vegas
07/05/13 11:50 pm

My daughter lives in Singapore, so I would go to SE Asia.

MannIsMe Did You Assume My Party
07/05/13 10:31 pm

In Africa you're more likely to be in an English speaking country.
In SE Asia you're more likely to be safe from anarchy, revolutions, STDs, civil wars, bad drinking water, and extremists who want white people dead.

eLucidate writing
07/05/13 10:22 pm

I will be drinking on a beach in Thailand if you need me...

Vincere Seattle
07/05/13 10:10 pm

Depends on the country, but probably Africa because more people there speak English.

TomM
07/05/13 9:12 pm

I have moved from Europe to the US and know many people who relocated. I also read a lot about it. What really defines a successful relocation is how you feel at home. Important is safety and the environment.

TomM
07/05/13 9:14 pm

I cannot see where I would feel safe in Africa, but I have not studied the options. SE Asia is safer but pollution is bad many places. I think I would still go for SE Asia but I would have to look carefully before I decide on the location.

Vincere Seattle
07/05/13 10:16 pm

Is that why your profile pick is the Danish flag?

TomM
07/05/13 10:18 pm

Yes. You are not the first to ask about my profile pic, but the first to guess the origin :-)

rlands
07/05/13 9:09 pm

SE Asia for sure. Those Thai beaches ????

rlands
07/05/13 9:09 pm

Ugh emoticons. Anyway, they're perf

Kris Humidity Central
07/05/13 9:05 pm

Africa. I'd start a movement and bringing the entirety of it into the 21st century. Leading it to greatness and hopefully inspiring the world.

rlands
07/05/13 9:09 pm

That is the initiative this world needs Kris why can't you just take over everything actually why are you so awesome???

Kris Humidity Central
07/05/13 9:14 pm

It's a lifelong goal of mine...I have a plan.

The issue is getting people to do. Those less fortunate who know nothing but struggle would gladly struggle for progress. Those who are comfortable...usually couldn't care less

rlands
07/05/13 9:15 pm

Exactly. And the ridiculous corruption in some of their governments...but if anyone could do it, you could kris. Seriously.

Kris Humidity Central
07/05/13 9:19 pm

The problem is bringing about the change in mindset. We either need a common enemy (cmonnnn aliens!) or something to unite us. At some point corruption may become so apparent we will want change, but by then it's virtually impossible.

rlands
07/05/13 9:22 pm

It's very apparent, I think that like you said they just don't have a motivating force. And the unification is a huge deal. Half the issues in Africa are either resource-related or ethnic conflicts. All I gotta say is good luck to you.