EsperanzaGomez July 1st, 2013 8:34pm

Guys, I'm writing a memo for the department on people's perception on police officers , if you have something to say comment ... And leave your name if you would like me to quote you .

gwabby am i solids or stripes
07/02/13 2:36 pm

I have had very limited contact with police, so my input may not be as helpful as others. I do fear for their safety, especially now that the open carry law will be in effect. I think this law puts the officers at an extreme disadvantage.

EsperanzaGomez TakeOldAmericaBack
07/02/13 3:04 pm

Thanks , do you mind if I quote you on that . The memo is going to san bernardino county sheriff academy at glen Helen 11th session

gwabby am i solids or stripes
07/02/13 4:46 pm

Sure, just use my screen name. I'm located in Madison, MS

chickencookie It really is
07/01/13 5:45 pm

I dont like when they drive behind me. Should i move over out of respect and let them go. And if they stay behind me i have to watch i don't go a mile over the speed limit.

satiricalnick meh
07/01/13 5:37 pm

Police are nothing but ticket writing scum. Tell your buddies to crack down on the real criminals. Oh, and feel free to quote me.

EsperanzaGomez TakeOldAmericaBack
07/01/13 10:26 pm

Nothing but ticket writing skum ... And what do you do for a living ?

EsperanzaGomez TakeOldAmericaBack
07/01/13 10:27 pm

Thanks for the opinion though ,I would quote you but I am looking for a more educated response .

satiricalnick meh
07/01/13 11:35 pm

No, please. Quote this college student.

EsperanzaGomez TakeOldAmericaBack
07/02/13 8:42 am

Oh wow your in college ... You must have ultimate knowledge about law enforcement . You sound very ignorant sir and you obviously have never been through an academy of any kind

satiricalnick meh
07/02/13 7:47 pm

Im currently going through the criminal justice program, fuckwit.

barbearnj Dreaming of Banff
07/01/13 3:06 pm

I grew up in NYC & my parents taught me to respect & trust police officers & I always did. Now in Jersey I have come across some cops who are arrogant, rude, etc. Some let the power go to their heads. But my instinct is still to be respectful.

commonsense America isnt racist
07/01/13 2:48 pm

My perception and views/feelings for police officers and all law enforcement are the exact opposite of Gafiate's comments below.

commonsense America isnt racist
07/01/13 2:49 pm

I trust them implicitly and respect them above most other citizens save nurses and firemen. The bad actions of the few do not ruin the reputation of the many.

EsperanzaGomez TakeOldAmericaBack
07/02/13 5:58 pm

Do you mind if I quote you ? The memo is going to San Bernardino county sheriff academy at glen Helen 11th session

XercesBlue ...
07/01/13 1:44 pm

I have a good perception of police officers, but have been brought up not to trust them to have my best interest in mind. I've been taught to deny anything and everything and to never let an officer into my house. I never understood why. The PD here

XercesBlue ...
07/01/13 1:45 pm

Has been respectful towards me. I have called them twice (not 911) and they have been swift in their response. I have had the cops called on me once. The officer was respectful, took my information, and let me on my way. I'm not very trustful of them

XercesBlue ...
07/01/13 1:47 pm

Being raised to understand that their best interest is not my best interest, but I don't have a problem with them in general.

I have heard stories of police corruption here that are considered true from the older generation though.

XercesBlue ...
07/01/13 1:48 pm

I must say that I am generally respectful to authority though.

EsperanzaGomez TakeOldAmericaBack
07/01/13 10:29 pm

Thanks for sharing that . Do you mind if I quote you on parts ? The memo is going to San Bernardino county sheriffs academy at Glen Helen class 11

XercesBlue ...
07/01/13 10:32 pm

Go for it, hope it serves useful (:

whitepuppy Happy Birthday
07/01/13 1:37 pm

Sorry I'm confused like what is this about?

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/01/13 3:00 pm

Me too kind of? Where are you from? I feel differently about my small town police and the Oakland police that I tried to ask for help once. I stopped at their police station to ask directions after the earthquake closed some on-ramps

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/01/13 3:02 pm

The officer pointed an assault rifle at me and would not answer my question. Was carrying nothing. I was dressed nicely - was driving a nice car. I don't have a good feeling about Oakland police officers

whitepuppy Happy Birthday
07/01/13 3:02 pm

In from Bloomington, Minnesota. I generally think they're nice but I don't trust them.